Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vengarr posted:

Reminder:

1. Obama has stated repeatedly that not going to war in Syria despite all the pressure to do so was one of his greatest accomplishments
2. Trump will do anything to piss on Obama

Obama was dumb to make the "red line" statement and not back it up, but he was right to keep us mostly out of Syria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

do it trump

redeem yourself in the eyes of the world

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hey trump new zealand just stole something called the 'america's cup' are you gonna let this aggression stand

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Two Finger posted:

hey trump new zealand just stole something called the 'america's cup' are you gonna let this aggression stand

oh great, you just identified another all black population for republicans to murder

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Reminder:

1. Obama has stated repeatedly that not going to war in Syria despite all the pressure to do so was one of his greatest accomplishments
2. Trump will do anything to piss on Obama
3. Trump will do anything to have Russian hookers piss on him.

gently caress YOU IMMA STICK MY DICK IN THIS HORNETS NEST YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

oh great, you just identified another all black population for republicans to murder

:piss:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Some housecleaning since some tweets and poo poo got deleted: NYT is backing up Buzzfeed that nobody in the military knows where the gently caress that statement came from and they're referring reporters back to the statement.

Buzzfeed cites five sources, NYT cites several.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/us/politics/syria-will-pay-a-heavy-price-for-another-chemical-attack-trump-says.html

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/claudiakoerner/white-house-says-syria-may-be-preparing-another-chemical

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I feel like we've reached "what if they threw a war and nobody came" levels of surrealism

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm laughing pretty hard that the DoD is like "We don't know poo poo about Syrian chemical attack prep"

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Russia must be salivating at this poo poo

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It's so sad that Russia is the emancipated punk kid picking a fight and we're the roided out football star who could snap its back if only such violence wouldn't lose us our scholarship to limp dick centrism university

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

redneck nazgul posted:

fuuuuuuck

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

redneck nazgul posted:

:perfect:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

redneck nazgul posted:

Noice

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

redneck nazgul posted:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

redneck nazgul posted:

God loving drat

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

You're trump, you know your staff has been getting media calls all week talking about poo poo you know is going to look real fuckin' bad, like Flynn and Page both flipping and implicating you for what is going to play as full-on treason. You hoped the BCRA would flood the headlines enough but it's looking to go down in flames because your party is schizophrenic (dubiously better than comatose like the Dems) and you need something to suppress everything for the rest of the week.

So, threaten Syria. There's no intelligence, no actual knowledge of a planned chem attack, it's just poo poo you know Assad's done and will do again. If there is an attack, then you get to bomb a military base after having "warned" Assad. If there's no attack, then you look like someone exerting a little of the ol' peace thru threat. Downside is, of course, the rest of the federal military apparatus saying you're full of poo poo (without actually saying "ol' pissbrain is just yelling at the TV again") and it making you look like you just tried bluffing with a valet ticket and a punch card.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

who wants to bet Donny found a way to burn another allied intelligence asset and ran with it?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
We've gone so loving far off the rails that now The Onion can just report on the facts and it's like they never changed. They can now just display reality and it's so god drat absurd it's indistinguishable from previous classics like Shrieking White Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage.

http://www.theonion.com/video/5-things-know-about-senate-healthcare-bill-56332

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We are living an Onion article.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

orange juche posted:

We are living an Onion article.

Since 9/12/01 really

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

BUG JUG posted:

who wants to bet Donny found a way to burn another allied intelligence asset and ran with it?

My first guess is that Fox News had some idiot talking head who suggested Assad would do it again, and Donny ran with it. But twitter is usually on top of things like that, so you're probably right. :(

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Smiling Jack posted:

Since 9/12/01 really

Since this article, arguably.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Well that was depressing

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godamnit

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

i dont know why you think theyd inform the military lmao

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If there's anything, it's super close hold.

So either they're fabricating things wholesale or Trump's decided to burn more intel sources to get attention off of him and the AHCA.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It's pretty smart when your house is burning down to go commit arson on the neighbor's house so you don't look stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdW8c-2y3Uk

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

redneck nazgul posted:

If there's anything, it's super close hold.

So either they're fabricating things wholesale or Trump's decided to burn more intel sources to get attention off of him and the AHCA.

The official administration statement about the wackyness is an anonymous source yelling about anonymous sources.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/879711606518755330

:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/879706977953337344

same

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 27, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Was that really written 8 months before 9/11.... wtf

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

Was that really written 8 months before 9/11.... wtf

It is incredibly prescient.

I really don't know if it gets funnier or bleaker as time goes on.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Plot twist: the Onion isn't a parody news site, it's actually just a regular news site.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Clickhole is a lot better than the onion is now

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Clickhole is an onion offshoot, but yeah the patriothole stuff is pretty good

Onion recently had those Trump leaks though, that poo poo was gold.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

R
U
G
S

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
loving :lol:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Can someone give me a rundown of this Russia/CNN situation from the start?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
They didn't have a second source to backup the article they pulled is what I think you're talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
RIP senate bill (temporarily)

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/879757475448320001

https://twitter.com/Tierney_Megan/status/879755695180140544

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 27, 2017

• Locked thread