Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*checks calendar*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Synthbuttrange posted:

*checks calendar*

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ol qwerty bastard posted:

this is a proclick btw. the entire series is hilarious

"you can't do a red alert because someone disagrees with you"

i only ever watched the kzin episode

slaver weapon

that one did me for the whole show

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

prefect posted:

why are they putting brand-named liquors into mixed-drink listings? :argh:

also, are those all super-sugary or is it just me? okay, maybe not all of them -- i take that back

Those are mid-shelf brands. They only bother to mention the brand so that you know they aren't using lovely well and/or bottom shelf. For mixed drinks there's no point on upgrading from mid to top shelf but it is worth upgrading from well to mid b/c well liquor is usually just ethanol with adding "flavoring" to imitate the real thing.

Not alcoholic, just used to barback for a bit

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Whoa this pic does some weird poo poo when I scroll past it on my phone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sophian posted:

Not alcoholic
smh at your lack of ambition

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lucky cat

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

https://github.com/seenaburns/dex-ui

incase you wanna make a forgettable series of pretty scenes played in a sequence with no actual story or depth in any way whatsoever.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

talk about airplane ears.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

syscall girl posted:

hey wait a moment i went to go look up the quote and my flickr new tab app is reading my mind

here's some vaguely interesting things about that picture: those are zoo owls. canned nature photography.

the grubs that mama owl is feeding to the chicks are Zopohbas beetle larvae, available as pet food everywhere, usually sold as 'superworms'. once you recognize them, you see them everywhere in movies and tv.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

has anyone else noticed that when you read something on a page then go to google it on a new tab chrome autocompletes almost exactly what you're about to google
if you're going to do it that way, highlight the words, right-click, search google for 'phrase you highlighted'

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

has anyone else noticed that when you read something on a page then go to google it on a new tab chrome autocompletes almost exactly what you're about to google

yeah i get this all the time with youtube. ill be watching one video and then type in a name looking for a video usually of the same genre and it nails it. this isnt in youtubes search, but chomes standard url bar

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ImACultHero/status/879365295034466305

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/HistoryInPix/status/879658575034974208

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

:thurman:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

tried googling "animals that start with x" on my phone at 2am in bed last night, and it autocompleted as soon as I got to "animals th"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

duTrieux. posted:

talk about airplane ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8mdH20qTQ

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

new dlc for the witness looking bleak

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

cinci zoo sniper posted:

whats the third time. you didnt have all dlcs by the release of remaster and bought it separately?

ps3 (wife's version until it died), pc (mine), ps4 (wife's, though i played a bit too)

and now we have a switch so, :getin:

Synthbuttrange posted:

*checks calendar*

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

ps3 (wife's version until it died), pc (mine), ps4 (wife's, though i played a bit too)

and now we have a switch so, :getin:

now buy psvr and by the end of the year will have 5 tes 5 :classiclol:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

cinci zoo sniper posted:

now buy psvr and by the end of the year will have 5 tes 5 :classiclol:

touch the skyrim taught me that if you play the game with enough mods it's effectively a new game too

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

omg

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

touch the skyrim taught me that if you play the game with enough mods it's effectively a new game too

guess how i have 174 hours in skyrim. i did my first actual story playthrough somewhere between hours 110 and 120.

speaking of which, going to start a new skyrim game soonish, i think. there's a dude called enai (enaisiaion or someshit) who has made bunch of popular and well received mods that mesh well together, and, being fairly good from gameplay perspective, are exceptionally well written on the technical level, which means they are fire-safe for my apartment :v:

you might now this dude from another game too - it's brother laz, the diablo 2 modder

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my main skyrim modding tip is to always install all the community fixes (usleep, ccor, wafr, brawl, etc - it's a fairly short and popular list that is easy to google) and to install an alternative start mod

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

uh... yea actually., Really subtle and I ignored it but interesting that you point it out. Maybe their autocomplete AI stuff is getting quietly much better in the background

The new phone I got also is constantly asking me if I'm at a place, which I am, so I wonder what other stuff I'm feeding into it. I'm using chrome as the browser, so if I go from reading in chrome to some search they could connect the dots

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

axolotl farmer posted:

here's some vaguely interesting things about that picture: those are zoo owls. canned nature photography.

the grubs that mama owl is feeding to the chicks are Zopohbas beetle larvae, available as pet food everywhere, usually sold as 'superworms'. once you recognize them, you see them everywhere in movies and tv.

i want to say they made a lot of appearances on fear factor

the worms, not the owls

and considering the fact ludacris is bringing it back we'll probably be seeing more

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Fear Factor eat the owls

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Fear Factor eat the owls

only if they're softowls

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

only if they're softowls

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

syscall girl posted:

i want to say they made a lot of appearances on fear factor

the worms, not the owls

and considering the fact ludacris is bringing it back we'll probably be seeing more

yeah, also every time there's a dead body crawling with "maggots" :rolleye:

Zophobas beetles lives on dead animal, but they're the very last insects at the corpse party. they live on really old dried up dead stuff or bat guano.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Fear Factor eat the owls

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
flickr still hung up on owls

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

just going to embrace it

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Almighty_boss95/status/879506935741120512

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

owls are basically birds who remember that they used to be dinosaurs

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i am definitely not the obnoxious shitlord hootin and hollerin over this video

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

owls are basically birds who remember that they used to be dinosaurs

the fact that some of your generic barn owls or whatever have asymmetric ears in order to do a doppler shift algorithm in their walnut sized brains just to pounce a mouse is mind blowing

they also pair up and one will go "hooty hoo" from a tree while the other comes in in stealth mode as the rodent breaks cover

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

polyester concept posted:

i am definitely not the obnoxious shitlord hootin and hollerin over this video
if it is a clip from a fighting game on the internet there is absolutely zero reason to turn the sound on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

anthonypants posted:

if it is a clip from a fighting game on the internet there is absolutely zero reason to turn the sound on

or to watch it at all

• Locked thread