Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll post YOU in the SNES mini thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Still playing ARMS. It's good. I'll probably come back in a few pages and say the same thing. Thanks for listening thread. :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello let us talk about Switch games

:siren::10bux::siren: Snake Pass is currently on sale on the Australian eShop for $15.60AUD ($11.90USD). It is usually $26AUD ($20USD) :siren::10bux::siren:

You will need to create an Aussie eShop account to purchase and find somewhere that sells Aussie eShop credit if you're buying from overseas

De Mambo launches July 6th for $16AUD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-IBbD93TKI

Original Journey announced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VcgTaKgv8

Whatever the gently caress this is launching TBD (It's called Physical Contact Speed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fNlLMoA9kM

quote:

Physical Contact?
It is a game series where two people can play against one device.If you play with your body in close contact, the match will be more fun.

Any two partners, including parents, friends, lover, etc, are suitable. Because it is simple and rules that everyone knows, you can start the game immediately on the spot.
*shows trailer with 2 little girls playing closely together*

:oh:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jun 27, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mace Bacon posted:

Still playing ARMS. It's good. I'll probably come back in a few pages and say the same thing. Thanks for listening thread. :)

:great:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
can't wait to be playing full screen 60hz super castlevania iv for the first time this september.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Please post about the SNES mini/classic in the SNES mini/classic thread.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

The White Dragon posted:

wasn't star fox command the weird one with a lot of endings, most of them being "krystal joins star wolf and fox was alone"

There were 9 endings, and yeah that was one of them. In general the game played up their drama across multiple levels. It also had some other neat story things (Fox and Falco become fzero pilots, you slowly helping one of Andross's grandson's rise to form his own empire, Falco making up his own Star Falco team).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also if it means anything to anyone Pacman Vs has been announced as part of the Namco Museum collection

Full listing is thus:
Pac-Man
Pac-Man VS
Dig Dug
Galaga
Galaga ‘88
The Tower of Druaga
Rolling Thunder
Rolling Thunder 2
SkyKid
Splatterhouse
Tank Force

Apparently the schtick was 1 person controlled Pacman on a GBA, and the other 3 players controlled the Ghosts on the main TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4RCbRQxyI

Neato

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Hello let us talk about Switch games

:siren::10bux::siren: Snake Pass is currently on sale on the Australian eShop for $15.60AUD ($11.90USD). It is usually $26AUD ($20USD) :siren::10bux::siren:

You will need to create an Aussie eShop account to purchase and find somewhere that sells Aussie eShop credit if you're buying from overseas

It's also on sale on the UK eShop. I assume based on the sirens that this game is worth a tenner?

I bought my switch for spla2n primarily but I've been enjoying thumper and "enjoying" tumbleseed a lot but I've been curious about Snake Pass for a while so I'll grab it if people reckon it's good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Imagine starting your Switch, pressing the home button 3 times; getting to a list of owned games: starting Stardew valley.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

you're right, starfox 2 is gonna be GOTY 2017, only on the super nintendo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

how long till nintendo enable wiimotes connecting on the switch? would be cool to use the nes, snes and eventual n64 CC pads for the switch vc. we already have the mayflash gamecube adapter working but its configured for a pokken pad for some reason but hey, gamecube works in puyo puyo tetris and those neogeo games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Imagine starting your Switch, pressing the home button 3 times; getting to a list of owned games: starting Stardew valley.

Imagine playing Super Mario World on a Nintendo console this September

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could right now if I could figure out how to plug a SNES into a modem tv....

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yooka-Laylee Spit'n'polish update is out today, with quite a massive lost of changes, additions, and but fixes. Still not in Nintendo Switch yet, the date hasn't been announced, but they say Switch will start with this update already a part of the package.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Please post about the SNES mini/classic in the SNES mini/classic thread.

The thread title makes this look like a general Nintendo thread.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
wasn't there a poster who had the avatar of samus flipping the bird to nintendo

where are they now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TarusOxford is like one of those guys who was brought up by super Christian parents then goes mad atheist, nothing Nintendo does will ever bring him back

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sakurazuka posted:

I use my original cables (rca)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just jumped back into BotW after taking a month long break. Took down the Rito legendary beast. Game is loving cool and I love it.

I'm over 65 hours in (one more beast to go) and I'm still finding dope little secrets and vistas.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My original cable was one you had to plug into the aerial socket and tune in a channel on the tv

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LeFishy posted:

It's also on sale on the UK eShop. I assume based on the sirens that this game is worth a tenner?

It's alright.

It's nothing great. I personally couldn't get used to the control scheme, but it was an interesting concept.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Modus Pwnens posted:

The thread title makes this look like a general Nintendo thread.

Al Borland was supposed to make a new thread with a fantastic new title, but proved too cowardly. Sad!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm waiting for that new thread!

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.amazon.com/DP3913547-Framemeister-Micomsoft-Upscaler-Denpashinbunsya/dp/B00QUBK6RK/

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And you can't just preorder one because....?

As far as I know, there were no pre-orders on the NES classic.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

When I got mine, Toys R Us had a limit 1 per customer deal.

And I got in line at places where families literally had their family of 5 all in line with everyone having their $60 + Tax in hand to each get an NES Classic. Which was allowed with the 1 per customer deal. That family probably made $600 off of waiting in line that morning.

Trust me, scalpers find a way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

🤔

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

VideoGames posted:

I'm waiting for that new thread!

Sorry man, moving has been a lot more time consuming than I thought. Next two weeks my place of employment is shut down however, and the last bit of house stuff will be done today when the Pergo is installed in the basement. I'll have the time to finish the mega post.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Infinitum posted:

Imagine playing Super Mario World on a Nintendo console this September
I still have my WiiU :mario:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo should just make its own Monster Hunter but instead have it be Metroid: Bounty Hunters. Travel to planets with friends and take down huge rear end aliens to collect crafting poo poo and space dollars? I dunno what currency the federation uses

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They use metroids as currency, which is why they are such a problem.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nintendo should just make its own Monster Hunter but instead have it be Metroid: Bounty Hunters. Travel to planets with friends and take down huge rear end aliens to collect crafting poo poo and space dollars? I dunno what currency the federation uses

Throw in the option to play as the Edincoots/Dakora (sp?) for us weirdos who main Prowlers, and you have my attention.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

so according to their facebook page, that Rainway app is coming out "to all platforms" (which includes switch) on november 25th. looking forward to finally playing dark souls 3 all the way through on my nintendo switch.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Throw in the option to play as the Edincoots/Dakora (sp?) for us weirdos who main Prowlers, and you have my attention.

I'm picturing like instanced hubs that are federation space station out posts that can have like 50 players where you can buy junk and get quests and form a team then travel to a planet for bounties

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think my favorite metroid lore was the one scan in the first prime where the space pirate scientists put out a mass msssage telling people to stop stealing metroids from research to play with or keep as pets

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The plot of Prime 4 involves setting the value of metroids from 1 to 0.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Astro7x posted:

As far as I know, there were no pre-orders on the NES classic.

And I got in line at places where families literally had their family of 5 all in line with everyone having their $60 + Tax in hand to each get an NES Classic. Which was allowed with the 1 per customer deal. That family probably made $600 off of waiting in line that morning.

Trust me, scalpers find a way.

Lol don't worry buddy that family will have way more expenses due to three kids in the long run, especially if they all go to college.

People making children for scalping lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Lol don't worry buddy that family will have way more expenses due to three kids in the long run, especially if they all go to college.

People making children for scalping lol

i just wore a different set of hats and mustaches when i got all mine.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vikar Jerome posted:

i just wore a different set of hats and mustaches when i got all mine.

That's some mylasian retailer that got 100+ units at launch. It would be nice if US retailers had "significantly more" than that at launch instead of getting like 50 units total over the whole run

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Astro7x posted:

That's some mylasian retailer that got 100+ units at launch. It would be nice if US retailers had "significantly more" than that at launch instead of getting like 50 units total over the whole run

No...that's the total US shipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SNES classic looks good sure but what I really want them to do is re-release Super Mario World using the Mario Maker level of graphics + widescreen

• Locked thread