Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, I'm currently escaping from king tut's tomb at the moment tho I put a pause to that til KCB gets out of the bath, then we're gonna continue trying to escape from king tut's tomb.

(we're playing a tabletop game called Exit: The Game: The Pharaoh's Tomb)

It had a puzzle that was just real cute where it was all hey you have a sketch of what king tut's palace looks like but you need the original blue version and the solution to that ends up being you need to take out the blue cardboard insert that holds the game materials and unfold it and flatten it out showing that it looks just like the sketch, just bigger, and then you can use it to progress in the puzzle.

It was cute.

How is everyone doing today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
im really blazed today :v:

i always enjoy playing a new, fun board game like that. last week i played beast master tale for the first time with my bro. it was stupid, but fun. it's vaguely like arkham horror, but it's simpler and easier, and you're supposed to fight god at the end rather than "if you fight god, you die and that's the end"

the instructions are barely in english, so sometimes you might need to look at the japanese manual and try to figure out what they were trying to say

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just started playing Resident Evil 6, I'm about halfway through the Leon campaign, and it seems not very good? And I liked Resident Evil 5, I'm not one of those people who thinks Resident Evil without tank controls is haram. The opening is terrible, you're just thrown into an exploding city with no explanation, and the gameplay is interrupted every fifteen seconds by a cutscene that may or may not have a QTE. There's literally a part where a cutsene ends, you walk forward five feet, and that triggers another cutscene. It's so bad.

RE5 was clearly made with co-op in mind. Some of the boss fights are really hard if you're playing solo. But RE6 is just flatout a co-op game. There are long sections where the characters are split up and the game just plays half it's own content by itself. The worst part is that there are very clearly moments in cutscenes where the second player would've had to do a QTE if there was a second player. cutscene QTEs are already terrible, If I was playing a game and had to redo a section because someone else hosed up a QTE, I would commit violence on something.

Plus there's a bunch of little annoyances. Not enough inventory space, in order to throw a grenade you have to select the grenade you want from the weapon select and after you throw one grenade it automatically switches back to the gun you had before so you have to select grenades again if you want to throw a second grenade, you can't do melee on a zombie that's partway through it's standing up animation, the worst swimming controls I've seen since the loving PS1 era, You can only equip skills before starting the game, you spend a whole chapter trying to escape a city with a bunch of NPCs and then you do but they all just loving die in the cutscene beginning the next chapter, etc.

It's just not very good at all

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just started playing Resident Evil 6, I'm about halfway through the Leon campaign, and it seems not very good? And I liked Resident Evil 5, I'm not one of those people who thinks Resident Evil without tank controls is haram. The opening is terrible, you're just thrown into an exploding city with no explanation, and the gameplay is interrupted every fifteen seconds by a cutscene that may or may not have a QTE. There's literally a part where a cutsene ends, you walk forward five feet, and that triggers another cutscene. It's so bad.

RE5 was clearly made with co-op in mind. Some of the boss fights are really hard if you're playing solo. But RE6 is just flatout a co-op game. There are long sections where the characters are split up and the game just plays half it's own content by itself. The worst part is that there are very clearly moments in cutscenes where the second player would've had to do a QTE if there was a second player. cutscene QTEs are already terrible, If I was playing a game and had to redo a section because someone else hosed up a QTE, I would commit violence on something.

Plus there's a bunch of little annoyances. Not enough inventory space, in order to throw a grenade you have to select the grenade you want from the weapon select and after you throw one grenade it automatically switches back to the gun you had before so you have to select grenades again if you want to throw a second grenade, you can't do melee on a zombie that's partway through it's standing up animation, the worst swimming controls I've seen since the loving PS1 era, You can only equip skills before starting the game, you spend a whole chapter trying to escape a city with a bunch of NPCs and then you do but they all just loving die in the cutscene beginning the next chapter, etc.

RE6 is bad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remembered another one, the zombies are bullet sponges even on easy. I'm playing a zombie game on easy, one headshot should be enough to kill a basic zombie

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Shine your laser sight at a thing" is already a pretty lazy puzzle, and RE6 does it so many goddamn times

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

This was my experience.

Lots of people on this forum swear that RE6 is the better coop game, but I've never gotten my coop partner to give it a second shot, because we hated it so much.

We're on our like, dozenth playthrough of RE5 now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Even with co op the game is a chore. I have a co op buddy here and we did power through RE6 but we concluded it was just baad.

Leon was the only decent campaign and even then that was still pretty bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Leon is actually second worst campaign after Ada. Play Chris or Jakes because that's what the game is really about, Leon gets better after like the first couple of chapters though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DLC Inc posted:

I like how you conveniently left out the facts that it's a thing that will pretty much only be sold for like 3 months and will be extremely hard to acquire,

It's not like that's set in stone.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

It's not like that's set in stone.

Nintendo tried making a lot of something once, they made a lot of Animal Crossing Amiibos.

It's a mistake Nintendo won't make again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stefan Stefansson has gone into the final stages of pancreatic cancer and doesn't have much time left before he dies :(

What a terrible way to be going

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

Stefan Stefansson has gone into the final stages of pancreatic cancer and doesn't have much time left before he dies :(

gently caress that, last I'd heard it'd gone into remission. God drat it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hate when people say gg when it was not a gg.

FirstAidKite posted:

That's horrible.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I will say "gg" when someone is just acting like a total jerk in chat. Or if they say "gg" first. I don't usually talk in pvp game chat though unless someone does something funny or there are jokes to be made.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't know how your mom raised you but it's extremely bad manner to say GG if you are not losing, and even worse dishonor to say GG and then not leave immediately.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo tried making a lot of something once, they made a lot of Animal Crossing Amiibos.

It's a mistake Nintendo won't make again.

What happened?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The rudest possible thing to do is say GG when you haven't won yet but are about to.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
GG in caps is overall less acceptable than gg

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I just say gg after every round regardless of outcome (usually me losing)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

The rudest possible thing to do is say GG when you haven't won yet but are about to.

People do this when they are about to lose too but it's not over. I think it is a thing where the person just can't stand to watch the last few moments of the game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Oh this is causing fond memories of doing ridiculous towering in Warcraft 3 and then getting a "gg" message when they thought they've destroyed my base. In these cases, I did not respond. I simply sat and let them discover that I had built towers all over the map and they were going to have to put some serious effort in to win while I went and made lunch. Lots of getting cursed out in those sweet days.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I just say gg after every round regardless of outcome (usually me losing)

You are very rude.

bloodychill posted:

Oh this is causing fond memories of doing ridiculous towering in Warcraft 3 and then getting a "gg" message when they thought they've destroyed my base. In these cases, I did not respond. I simply sat and let them discover that I had built towers all over the map and they were going to have to put some serious effort in to win while I went and made lunch. Lots of getting cursed out in those sweet days.

This one time a guy covered the map with insanely powerful units and destroyed everything I had except for a single town hall on an island he couldn't find, then went AFK. I won that game through perseverance and spite.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The right of GG is conferred only upon the losing side in a battle, this is like video games 101.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It is however also socially acceptable to type GG at the start of the match in the context of a message like "gg gl hf"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Animal Crossing amiibos are dirt cheap for a couple reasons:

- Everything else is much rarer, which drives their price down because they're everywhere comparatively
- Because they are much more common than the rest, everyone already has one, so nobody is buying them
- There's no Animal Crossing game on the Switch, so that's like a third of the active Ninty consoles it has no uses for atm
- Amiibo Festival was not a good game and so they didn't launch with a very strong reason to actually buy them

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Pictured: a grievous breach of etiquette and how to deal with it.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
What turned me off competitive starcraft 2 wasn't getting my rear end kicked, it was the matches where you bettered an opponent but they refused to leave and instead built walls of cannons or turtled up in their base. How the gently caress is that gonna make you play better??

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The "you can't win if I can't lose!" method of playing multiplayer games is why Left 4 Dead 2 spawns a puddle of spitter acid under the survivors if they turtle up in a corner for too long.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Whenever I'd play against lovely racist teens in Warcraft 3 I'd pretend to be a hardcore jihadist from Iran. They would melt down really bad if I beat them after that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Lazy Town was my first real exposure to the fact that pedophiles are distressingly common online with the that way dudes would openly drool over the pink-haired girl and make "ironic" pedobear memes but it's hard to fault the wacky scandanavian gymnasts who just wanted to get kids to exercise for that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Lazy Town was my first real exposure to the fact that pedophiles are distressingly common online with the that way dudes would openly drool over the pink-haired girl and make "ironic" pedobear memes but it's hard to fault the wacky scandanavian gymnasts who just wanted to get kids to exercise for that.

Mine was the pokemon cartoon. Thanks, pre-google search engines.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

goons sure loving talking about pedophiles

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endorph posted:

goons sure loving talking about pedophiles

Nice avatar/post combo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

Nice avatar/post combo.
stones, glass houses etc

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

stones, glass houses etc

You have literally no idea how much im having to squeeze my lips together given your preferences.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Macarius Wrench posted:

You have literally no idea how much im having to squeeze my lips together given your preferences.

:ironicat:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Macarius Wrench posted:

Hurry up and get perma'd again Rama, jeez.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

What a weird loving thing to bring up when talking about an actor's losing battle with cancer!

But, you know. You do you.

• Locked thread