Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He's a dude that transforms after killing someone and has a scythe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Fv8zdscd8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Servaetes posted:

I dont like transform champs like jayce or nidalee. My simpleton brain can only handle 4 abilities

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I thought the new champ was gonna be a rad void lizard :(

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Boxman posted:

I'm the 9 yellow trinkets blah blah blah but look at that top lane Kayle.

Wood tier is basically the wild west.

That's a really common Chinese boosting technique, they go full support Kayle top and after 10 minutes when Yi has bloodrazor they just duo top and push and try to 2v5

People just aren't woke to it quite yet

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

alright new skin idea farmer scytheguy what ever the hell his real name is where he has overalls and a straw hy

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Servaetes posted:

There is a level beyond sion rework. We will call it, Sion 2.

And this... is to go... even further beyond!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon...57997536e2bfe68

Udyr getting some pretty big buffs and reworking his passive to add 4% CDR and 6% base AD per stack, up to 5.

Triforce/Gage udyr gonna be kinda threatening.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 27, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

That's a really common Chinese boosting technique, they go full support Kayle top and after 10 minutes when Yi has bloodrazor they just duo top and push and try to 2v5

People just aren't woke to it quite yet

lmao

e: who wants to duo tonight

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
355 base move speed daaaaamn

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

as long As they bring back the old lore where he is a crazy homeless guy that learned karate i think this is a great rework. hell you might even catch the boy dropping bows on foes for maximum disrespect on the godyr -- why not?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The most important thing is: do the changes have Trick2G's seal of approval?

I'm just going to ahead and assume he still streams LoL and has stuck to his gimmicks.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon...57997536e2bfe68

Udyr getting some pretty big buffs and reworking his passive to add 4% CDR and 6% base AD per stack, up to 5.

Triforce/Gage udyr gonna be kinda threatening.

Ad scaling Pheonix :eyepop:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Hey remember that one patch that Udyr was super strong. It loving sucked, keep Udyr dumpstered until he gets his full rework into an entirely different champ please

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 27, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Man that looks fun. I am excited to bust out the ManBearBird when that hits.

AD Scaling AoE off Phoenix should be hella fun

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

Hey remember that one patch that Udyr was super strong. It loving sucked, keep Udyr dumpstered until he gets his full rework into an entirely different champ please

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am sorry you guys hate fun, it's truly sad.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Udyr's not very fun and the people who play him generally suck

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i was watching that one rear end in a top hat LastShadow9's stream and he dies and goes "AHHHH SSIBALLLL" like a true Korean

holy gently caress how mentally warped does someone have to be to only swear in another language

i watch anime!!! therefore i'm going to say "KUSO" now instead of english because this is what normal people do alone in their apartment

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if you want to actually have fun playing this miserable game pick udyr and build five zeals and swift boots

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Actually, you should not play Udyr, and instead game with honor.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Running at dudes and punching them in the dome is in fact the most honorable way to play League of Legends, friends.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

kingcobweb posted:

Interesting. As a counterpoint, gently caress off creep.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

wot style of udyr is every one going to play, and post you are skins. primal tiger here.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

wot style of udyr is every one going to play, and post you are skins. primal tiger here.
I have the fancy skin that gave me a bunch of icons, forget what's its called.

I'll try Phoenix a few times to see if the changes make it fun again. If that doesn't work, I'll go back to Tiger Slapping

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

4 zeal infinity edge tiger udyr. if anyone plays it please post a screenshot so i can emptyquote it. we need to know if it is as beautiful as it seems

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Taric and Udyr, nothing but movement speed items zooming around the map stunning fools.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Taric and Udyr, nothing but movement speed items zooming around the map stunning fools.

legit the most fun i have ever had in league was when zephyr was still around playing movespeed hex and cruising at 1200 and possibly off the enemy team. please bring back zephyr

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

i was watching that one rear end in a top hat LastShadow9's stream and he dies and goes "AHHHH SSIBALLLL" like a true Korean

holy gently caress how mentally warped does someone have to be to only swear in another language

i watch anime!!! therefore i'm going to say "KUSO" now instead of english because this is what normal people do alone in their apartment

He lived in Korea for over two years, his boyfriend is Korean, I don't think it's an act at this point. There's lots of other stuff you can roast about the guy but people curse in their second languages when they become fluent idk dude

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

Interesting. As a counterpoint, gently caress off creep.

Keven, when I attempt to gank and/or otherwise kill an opposing champion, I expect them to fight to the death, as true gamers do. However, an Udyr will simply be about two towers deep into my base and runs away like a scared child at the sight of An Opponent. Real opponents should never do this. Pay no attention to the 1000 Janna games I've played.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

I still like his legendary skin... just me... not trying to speak for anyone else.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I'm not sure if +10 movespeed is worth losing +15% as a steroid.

I'm not sure if a base AD steroid is worth all of his stuff now scaling on bonus AD (at a much lower rate).

These changes just look all sorts of wonky and I'm super interested to see how they'll actually play out. They do kind of highlight how lovely and boring both Turtle and Bear stance are in that neither has changed much across a bunch of his updates/tweaks.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Ad ratio Phoenix should be very good, depending on where cleaver ends up it will be fairly high utility and way more late game damage than current, where you can build try force and still not do crap.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

4 zeal infinity edge tiger udyr. if anyone plays it please post a screenshot so i can emptyquote it. we need to know if it is as beautiful as it seems

this doesn't work in balanced games where everyone is at or near your skill level but it's a great parlor trick for when youre playing with friends who suck and are easily impressed

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mikujin posted:

I'm not sure if +10 movespeed is worth losing +15% as a steroid.

I'm not sure if a base AD steroid is worth all of his stuff now scaling on bonus AD (at a much lower rate).

These changes just look all sorts of wonky and I'm super interested to see how they'll actually play out. They do kind of highlight how lovely and boring both Turtle and Bear stance are in that neither has changed much across a bunch of his updates/tweaks.

The main problem with udyrs movement on the passive is early it's too expensive to keep up and late it ends up being almost nothing because bear gives you so much and you run into DR. I do think the new tiger will be weaker because it's dependent on having full passive stacks to do anything but a scaling pheonix plus not being as tied to frozen heart / 40% CDr from items will do a ton to free up build options. Keep in mind his base CDs are going from 6 to 5 which is a pretty big deal too...

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Accidentally discovered a strong kill lane duo not the other day. Vayne with poppy support - if they don't mind the walls. Which they won't. You can chain condemn into Poppy's shove or vice versa and 100-0 a squishy even without ignite. We did it by accident against a soraka and it was hysterical.

We still lost.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Will the base AD buff on his passive stacks mean Sheen/Trinity do even more damage?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Extremely unlikely, it's just more bonus ad based on his base ad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

That would be pretty cool though...

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rygar201 posted:

Will the base AD buff on his passive stacks mean Sheen/Trinity do even more damage?
Yes.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Extremely unlikely, it's just more bonus ad based on his base ad.
The new passive is +6% base AD, similar to the wording of Sterakk's Gage. Gage's base AD boost similarly increases Sheen/TF damage.

As written, I think these changes are in favor of a Cinderhulk/Triforce build since just TF alone caps you on CDR with full stacks, gives you a whopping +30% base AD for Sheen Single target, and the bit of AD boosts his Phoenix damage (which pairs well with Cinderhulk for just keeping up constant AoE).

Add Sterakk's into the mix to become even burlier, I guess. It's hard to know exactly how this changes things, especially since Tiger gets notably worse than live since it loses out on scaling (it does get some base to compensate) and more importantly loses the damage clipping part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

this doesn't work in balanced games where everyone is at or near your skill level but it's a great parlor trick for when youre playing with friends who suck and are easily impressed

well obviously but i only play with friends and most of my friends are like low silver so i have to come up with fun ways to handicap myself otherwise i feel bad for beating up on low lvl players

• Locked thread