Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

Free College*!

*only for public servants

replace public servants with the military that pretty much what we have now tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/879546719830192129

The Resistance!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

I still can't believe this came out of her mouth and it makes me laugh every time

I think it was right around the time of the Daily News article and the genius Clinton team figured out this one weird trick to bringing down Bernie called "being realistic." :laffo:

Some folks say the Dems continue to lose to this day.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/879551559037841408

sharing stories about healthcare

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Avik/status/879716452797882368

lmao

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

sharing stories about healthcare

showing each other their colonoscopy videos

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/kcr242/status/879553586488893440

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/819438895263838208

Serf
May 5, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

Free College*!

in the future there will only be public servants

in the further future there will be only the public

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

nuclear hot take, wowza

zegermans posted:

My wife bought a "Nevertheless she Persisted" onesie.

its gonna be covered in poo and vomit at some point
...will it be yours or the baby's?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

passing around stories about healthcare

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

nobody actually believes that was impromptu right

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

corey booker pre-plans all this poo poo. he even put the cat up in that tree that one time

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

zegermans posted:

My wife bought a "Nevertheless she Persisted" onesie.

I saw an upper middle class white woman wearing a running shirt with that on it, it was at the opening of a new location for a non-profit that mostly benefits other upper middle class white women.

It was the 2nd most suck zone thing I've ever seen.

The first was the crowd at an off-broadway indie play in NYC...so much shiraz.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

nobody actually believes that was impromptu right

i did, and now you're making me feel bad :(

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even Ted Cruz voted for cheaper drug importation.

Cory Booker is a worthless gently caress

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I knew Ben Wickler in high school and he was a pretty chill dude.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ThndrShk2k posted:

Free College*!

better than free college for app writers

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is anyone else getting pissed about dems using the rhetorical trick of screaming about the deaths the GOP legislation will cause, but completely ignoring the same argument when it comes to them voting down singlepayer cause "who will pay for it?!"

why do dems care about the millions currently insured losing their worthless insurance, but don't give a poo poo about giving the millions of uninsured worthwhile healthcare? why do they feel like they can take a moralist stance on the GOP's fuckery and then turn around and behave immorally in the same way?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Condiv posted:

why do dems care

they dont

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

I knew Ben Wickler in high school and he was a pretty chill dude.

how many stories about healthcare did you trade

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dems are a gently caress

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dems care about being seen to care, not actually demonstrating that they care

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

dems care about being seen to care, not actually demonstrating that they care

Virtue..... signaling?!?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

i personally love the idea of importing drugs from canada that could have come from anywhere without any requirements for source quality control or trace

it worked for soylent

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

Virtue..... signaling?!?

theatrics. broke-brained interpretation of "everybody loves an underdog" combined with end-of-history style status quo maintenance.

I mean, if they actually solved the problem, they consider their perceived usefulness to be at an end, and that simply won't do.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

if people get drugs that aren't properly checked by the FDA they might die, unlike if they didn't get the drugs at all. in which case they would live

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i forgot canada was a libertarian paradise on drug regulations

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

i personally love the idea of importing drugs from canada that could have come from anywhere without any requirements for source quality control or trace

it worked for soylent

might as well since theyre gutting the fda

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I saw an upper middle class white woman wearing a running shirt with that on it, it was at the opening of a new location for a non-profit that mostly benefits other upper middle class white women.

It was the 2nd most suck zone thing I've ever seen.

The first was the crowd at an off-broadway indie play in NYC...so much shiraz.

My wife works 50 hours a week for 25k/year with a clinical license in social work making plans and supervising staff at a developmental treatment day program for people with profound disabilities. She doesn't want to do private practice counseling because she feels that rich white women can buy their problems away, while the people she current services have no other advocate.

She probably isn't going back to work though after her maternity leave because the place is sadly a sinking ship with Illinois's budget issues, the looming medicaid cuts, and the fact that the administrative staff at this place make well north of 6 figures and refuse to take any pay cuts while cutting staff to the point that it's not safe for the workers or the clients anymore.

It's a really lovely sad situation.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Even Ted Cruz voted for cheaper drug importation.

Cory Booker is a worthless gently caress

ted cruz only voted for it because he hates the fda and thought that would put a nail in its coffin

they're both trash

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

like, can you even bother with the lesser evil argument? when dems gain too much power, they become carbon copies of republicans, protecting cops that murder PoC, gerrymandering and selling influence and favors, trying to nuke social security and medicare, veto singlepayer so poor people can continue to die, veto minimum wage increases and marijuana legalization, own slaves and advocate for slavery, defend republicans and ballwash them when they're inconvenienced, etc.. at this point, the best i can say about dems is that they're more polite about their racism. they still ignore the laws, ignore their constituents, and ignore their duties as representatives

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Karl Barks posted:

if people get drugs that aren't properly checked by the FDA they might die, unlike if they didn't get the drugs at all. in which case they would live

im not being ironic

im actually hoping there's a bunch of unlabeled homeopathic insulin or some poo poo crated in by the truckload

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

do dems have any policy positions nowadays other than megadonor money is good and politicians can take as much as they want?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ignoring bill, i dont think most democrats are republican carbon copies but they're loving stupid beyond all belief and are terrified of actually doing anything with their power when they have it. they're so afraid of appearing partisan they let the republicans run roughshod

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

im not being ironic

im actually hoping there's a bunch of unlabeled homeopathic insulin or some poo poo crated in by the truckload

but we already have that? like the reason real medicine is expensive is because it works

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Imagine 5 worthless senators on the edge of a cliff...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

im not being ironic

i prefer to get my insulin the old fashioned way: eating skink pancreases

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

but we already have that? like the reason real medicine is expensive is because it works

a lot of health care costs in this country - drugs included - are simply inflated because of the resonance between health care providers wanting to charge more so they get more profits and health insurance providers wanting to pay more so they can justify rate increases and get more profits

but the public are fickle gently caress poo poo piss idiots and cant stand either publicly funding the pure research that would lead to new treatments or maintaining public control over something companies do spend a lot of money on to produce for themselves

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I would argue that it is, in the abstract, possible for two things to be bad but for one of those things to be worse than the other. In the concrete, the American gently caress You Act is worse than the single-payer dodging that the Democrats are doing.

They aren't as bad, but they also aren't good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
not that like open heart surgery or a lifetime of drugs to deal with some horrible rare wasting genetic disease would ever be cheap but

• Locked thread