Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

juche avocado posted:

gdi I was riffing off it from memory c'mon give a fellow poster the benefit of the doubt :(

to riff off it.... to riff off it

what does that mean?

*muffled but perfectly clear explanation of what the expression means*

gently caress YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anyone can play Qatar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

millenials are killing the electric guitar

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what kind of millennial who is t a bougie gently caress is gonna spend hundreds of dollars on guitars and other band crap when you can just use beeps and boops?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/879730177424707585

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

Oh PS fender and gibson have done basically nothing innovative in the past 50 years and their lineup is literally dozens of different models that are functionally exactly the same.

FENDER BENDER AS MILLENNIALS SAY 'WAH-WAH' TO GUITAR PURCHASES
Gibson A Real Onion Say Investors - Fumes Make Them Cry!

by John Woke

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gringostar posted:

hard to improve on perfection, and musical instruments once perfected will be around forever in one form or another (subtractive synths for another example)

fender at least wants to keep guitars accessible with the far east/mexico lines (mexican fenders are really good and squires are amazing for the money) where gibson has gone full r*tard and they're now a luxury item

Gibson also seems to have a hard-on for sponsoring any TV show or movie that has guitars in it. That's gotta cost a significant amount.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WLWT/status/879732489761296384

Anthrax!

Wait so people care about that anymore? Especially when it's the Muslims getting it? lol

:lol: nope. Also I live down the street from there

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Millenials are killing Jeb! :ohdear:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

For anyone wondering how Republicans could get away with cuts to Medicaid, their Fox News watching constituents will never see that cuts were actually made. Currently on the front page of FoxNews.com...

Fact Check: Dem claims that Senate bill guts Medicaid ignore billions in new funding

Bonus points for the quote marks around 'score'.

im the disingenuous use of absolute values and delta values to make everything seem way bigger and worse and horrible and just end it all rn, take me away; you can keep my medicare & SS checks; goodnight

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

prefect posted:

Gibson also seems to have a hard-on for sponsoring any TV show or movie that has guitars in it. That's gotta cost a significant amount.

Cyborg is a 1989 American martial-arts cyberpunk film directed by Albert Pyun. Jean-Claude Van Damme stars as Gibson Rickenbacker, a mercenary who battles a group of murderous marauders led by Fender Tremolo (Vincent Klyn)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: nope. Also I live down the street from there

Do your parents worry about you being attacked by ISIS? :ohdear:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WLWT/status/879732489761296384

Anthrax!

Wait so people care about that anymore? Especially when it's the Muslims getting it? lol

those only went to journalists the enemy of the people and democrats that subjecting our country to DANGER by standing in the way of rubberstamping the patriot act so it was a good thing we never bothered to figure out what really happened or cared then either

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

punchymcpunch posted:

who wouldve thought our world would end up worse than the one with two jerry oconnells on it

MALLORY :argh:

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
how many of these 'concerned/no' votes are because it doesnt go far enough? all of them except maaybe collins?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

For anyone wondering how Republicans could get away with cuts to Medicaid, their Fox News watching constituents will never see that cuts were actually made. Currently on the front page of FoxNews.com...

Fact Check: Dem claims that Senate bill guts Medicaid ignore billions in new funding

arrrgghhh this opinion is the result of like 10 of those "normalbrain--->galacticbrain" memes arranged in parallel or some poo poo

fuckin gently caress no surprise but they just rearrange the words so they sound right with like zero examination and that'll be good enough won't it

like I don't know what to be more mad at the absolutely depraved mangling and contorting of facts or the fact that they're doing it so they can kill more people and steal their money to give to the ultrarich

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Maybe because all the endangered rosewood that Gibson smuggles in to the country to build their guitars is drying up because lol the trees are going extinct

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Al! posted:

millenials are killing the electric guitar

Good

Replace them with synthesizers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

punchymcpunch posted:

Cyborg is a 1989 American martial-arts cyberpunk film directed by Albert Pyun. Jean-Claude Van Damme stars as Gibson Rickenbacker, a mercenary who battles a group of murderous marauders led by Fender Tremolo (Vincent Klyn)

millenials are killing cyberpunk

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I traded a mexican Strat with a floyd rose system (the silky smoothiest easiest action guitar I've ever touched) on these very forums for a hilariously gauche and impractical Ibanez white flying V from the 80's that plays like poo poo but looks beautiful and I've always been kind of mad at myself about it.

I'd be a lot more mad if I didn't also have some off brand strat ripoff from a small company that plays way better than it has any right to be.

Guitars are cool, buy them from pawn shops.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

saw this shiz in the theater

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

juche avocado posted:

im the disingenuous use of absolute values and delta values to make everything seem way bigger and worse and horrible and just end it all rn, take me away; you can keep my medicare & SS checks; goodnight

:votegop:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
guys i just saw unfake news on facebook that not only is Trump not under FBI investigation, but that Killary, The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers, and Bernie are! :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

Do your parents worry about you being attacked by ISIS? :ohdear:

Probably not, they seem more concerned that I don't have a girlfriend

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/879735784751935488

Hahahahahahahahaha

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I have like 10k of synths and a poo poo $100 guitar.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

love this kind of thing

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

just buy an esteban guitar and be cool you tryhards

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

thrawn527 posted:

this was in the article and what Mulvaney has been spinning during the budget hearings:
https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/879486712170369027
if i need $100k in 10 years to keep up with cost of living and i get $75k instead then it is a cut. loving disingenuous asshats

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

Does nitecrew tv still exist

also it sucks that John Rhys-Davies will forever be known as Gimli instead of Professor Arturo or the pudgy centurion that kills Capt. Picard in I, Claudius

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

RUSSIAN FINE JEWELLERY INDUSTRY A BIT OF A CURATES EGG

by Chris Cinzano

MILLENNIALS ARE KILLING FABERGE EGGS. There, I said it. Don't believe me? It's all in the numbers: Faberge Egg sales are down almost 50% year-on-year according to The Octopussy Institute. The implications are alarming and they also beg the question what arew miullennuial,s buying instead??? Not guitars. Not Houses. Not katanas. I'll Tell you What they're buying: AVOCADOS

VEGETABLES

UNBELIEVEABLE

gently caress

28/6/17

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

fuckin' idiots.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

Does nitecrew tv still exist

also it sucks that John Rhys-Davies will forever be known as Gimli instead of Professor Arturo or the pudgy centurion that kills Capt. Picard in I, Claudius

poo poo i didnt know that was him

rad

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

peepeepants posted:

this was in the article and what Mulvaney has been spinning during the budget hearings:
if i need $100k in 10 years to keep up with cost of living and i get $75k instead then it is a cut. loving disingenuous asshats

hmmmm what is "truth" anyways? well shoot there's a lot of ways to look at it

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

peepeepants posted:

If I got 100k in writing, it's a loving cut and I'm going to make sure I get the full amount.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

any article that talks about declining sales for an item without citing the stagnated wage of the average worker is missing the forest for the trees

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
tick tick tick could drop today or could drop in 2025

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/879736603433947137

lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

peepeepants posted:

it's wage theft you gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/879731028700614656

Lmao Russia just loving with Western Europe now. Good thing we are such great allies with Western Europe!

wish someone would ransomware my works servers so I could get some time off!!! :D

• Locked thread