Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol, you believe there's actually 2 political parties and they're rivals. Dumbass

Emotional meltdowns won't melt steel beams

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

what a beautiful yellowish straw color. makes me think of someone

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
so how far back should we go to lay blame for violent rhetoric, because for every "lol right wingers back then did this" someone can go back a few more years and say "well lol those people are responding to left wingers doing this"

we'll just keep doing that forever because MY side is the right side and YOUR side is evil and must be destroyed

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Emotional meltdowns won't melt steel beams

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
it goes back to cain and abel

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Waterbed Wendy posted:

it goes back to cain and abel

Which one was the cuck

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
the horse

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

jeff zucker lusts for fox news, he's gonna do whatever he thinks will ingratiate himself with their sweet, sweet viewership numbers, despite the fact that those viewers loathe him and his network. (the parallel with the obama presidency suddenly strikes me.) anyway, it is pretty ironic how even dogshit CNN will review these things, while hannity still has a show after that seth rich debacle and bret baier's claim that the clinton foundation was about to be indicted in november got memory holed.

it's a weird path to navigate. it is undoubtedly true that american media is poo poo, because the capitalist profit motive makes them desire ratings about all else. but people will then praise fox news and trump's love affair with them in the same goddamn breath. obviously, though that sort of person will cite a correct reason, it's not the reason why they hate non-fox news.

" CNN boss Jeff Zucker says despite Donald Trump’s war on the network and what the president says is “fake news,” he is certain that CNN maintains the trust of its viewers, as it extends into digital brands to attract a younger audience.

Speaking at Cannes Lions, he said, “CNN has been around for 37 years, our trustworthiness today is the same as it was a year ago, before people in high offices started questioning it. We know that through our own brand research. Just because somebody says you are not trustworthy, that doesn’t mean it is so … CNN’s brand equity is built over 37 years doing hard work in very dangerous places … those who rely on CNN trust CNN more than ever.” "

from Page six lol: http://pagesix.com/2017/06/19/jeff-zucker-viewers-trust-cnn-more-than-ever/

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
I wish we could get a mod for this, the Good and Righteous Trump thread, to keep out the chaos shitposting to turn it into all the other threads. Perhaps some sort of travel ban from CSpam and other known harborers of bad posters.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

so how far back should we go to lay blame for violent rhetoric, because for every "lol right wingers back then did this" someone can go back a few more years and say "well lol those people are responding to left wingers doing this"

we'll just keep doing that forever because MY side is the right side and YOUR side is evil and must be destroyed

The specific bitch was that the parties can't work together. If you want to go to the most recent cause of this, it's probably Gingrich's poo poo during the Clinton years. But really even then they could find some common ground until Obama got into office and the Republicans completely melted down and lost their loving minds.

I'd be extremely curious what you'd consider the reasonable provocation for complete obstructionism during the Obama years.

kickascii posted:

I wish we could get a mod for this, the Good and Righteous Trump thread, to keep out the chaos shitposting to turn it into all the other threads. Perhaps some sort of travel ban from CSpam and other known harborers of bad posters.

Why are you so mad?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd be extremely curious what you'd consider the reasonable provocation for complete obstructionism during the Obama years.

Spoiler alert: it's gonna be the 'he's a black guy' part

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That's a hell of a look

Bald with sunburned (?) scalp?, open shirt with shaved hair that's growing in, ugly glasses, fat and sweaty

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

flashy_mcflash posted:

Spoiler alert: it's gonna be the 'he's a black guy' part

I mean this is my mistake for trying to earnestly engage again instead of just spamming meltdown but we'll see how it goes

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

solar energy panel posted:

" CNN boss Jeff Zucker says despite Donald Trump’s war on the network and what the president says is “fake news,” he is certain that CNN maintains the trust of its viewers, as it extends into digital brands to attract a younger audience.

Speaking at Cannes Lions, he said, “CNN has been around for 37 years, our trustworthiness today is the same as it was a year ago, before people in high offices started questioning it. We know that through our own brand research. Just because somebody says you are not trustworthy, that doesn’t mean it is so … CNN’s brand equity is built over 37 years doing hard work in very dangerous places … those who rely on CNN trust CNN more than ever.” "

from Page six lol: http://pagesix.com/2017/06/19/jeff-zucker-viewers-trust-cnn-more-than-ever/

i mean with how egregious their narrative building is this is borderline an admission that they are in full blown panic mode

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

VikingSkull posted:

the claim is that there was a period where both parties worked together, so logically there's a limit to how far back one can go until reaching that time period. further, there is therefore a point where "they worked together" stopped being true, and presumably some kind of instigator that made "they worked together" stop being true.

more evidence of zucker being an idiot. yes, that younger generation is definitely just ripe for the taking, buddy

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

I mean this is my mistake for trying to earnestly engage again instead of just spamming meltdown but we'll see how it goes

Obama sucked and you can blame Republicans all you want but Obama was a deep state tool and now Wall Street is giving him his blood money

Trump has integrity, so that's why they hate him

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

The specific bitch was that the parties can't work together. If you want to go to the most recent cause of this, it's probably Gingrich's poo poo during the Clinton years. But really even then they could find some common ground until Obama got into office and the Republicans completely melted down and lost their loving minds.

The Tea Party, which was a populist movement that forced the Republicans to completely block anything that Obama wanted to do. Had that internal party uprising not happened, I don't think the obstructionism would have been as bad.

Also if I want to be cheeky, perhaps the Democratic politicians calling the sitting President before Obama a war criminal lit a fire under the Republicans, who knows.

The moral of the story is we're hosed because both sides keep saying "they started it" with a poo poo eating grin on their face and they get away with this because idiots around them view politics as sports and cheer their team at all costs.

"RAAAAARGH Republicans obstruct! I hate them! What, now the Democrats obstruct? Oh well that's cool and good" - poo poo a moron says

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Obama sucked and you can blame Republicans all you want but Obama was a deep state tool and now Wall Street is giving him his blood money

See? Meltdown with no actual reason behind it

VikingSkull posted:

The Tea Party, which was a populist movement that forced the Republicans to completely block anything that Obama wanted to do. Had that internal party uprising not happened, I don't think the obstructionism would have been as bad.

Also if I want to be cheeky, perhaps the Democratic politicians calling the sitting President before Obama a war criminal lit a fire under the Republicans, who knows.

The moral of the story is we're hosed because both sides keep saying "they started it" with a poo poo eating grin on their face and they get away with this because idiots around them view politics as sports and cheer their team at all costs.

"RAAAAARGH Republicans obstruct! I hate them! What, now the Democrats obstruct? Oh well that's cool and good" - poo poo a moron says

A) The democrats aren't obstructing. They CAN'T obstruct. They don't have the numbers.
B) Okay both sides are saying "they started it" but in what instance did the Dems "start it?" You don't get to obstruct for 8 years and then say "come on now, time to make nice. To us, not for us to make nice to you lol."
C) Why would you expect Dems to NOT cheer obstruction if it did happen? They just put up with 8 years of it.

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 27, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

See? Meltdown with no actual reason behind it

Trump > Obama, easily

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lol the hamster guy is having an hours long meltdown screaming about meltdowns

very meta

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

VikingSkull posted:

man, surely you remember how incredibly astroturfed the tea party was. rick santelli and all that poo poo.

and also, goddamn once again. I know you're a reasonable dude (all who understand that Bernie Would Have Won are by default) but you're saying that if someone is a war criminal, it's someone else's fault when they point that out. don't pull that poo poo, it's gross.

you're right about tribalism and sports and whatever but that doesn't change the history of the tea party and the bush admin

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nah I'm not concern trolling, although I will admit I am concerned. I've seen an actual escalation in the mainstream media calling for the assassination of the president and for people to punch who they perceive as Nazis. The masses are being told that they should be doing these things by the main stream media, not fringe websites. There used to be a time when opposing political parties could reside in the same space together without it turning into actual physical violence. We may never get back to that way of life and it's deeply troubling.

Fox news and Rush Limbaugh aren't fringe and they've been dehumanizing the opposition for 20 years, and doesn't infowars have white house press credentials now lol

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

" CNN boss Jeff Zucker says despite Donald Trump’s war on the network and what the president says is “fake news,†he is certain that CNN maintains the trust of its viewers, as it extends into digital brands to attract a younger audience.

Speaking at Cannes Lions, he said, “CNN has been around for 37 years, our trustworthiness today is the same as it was a year ago, before people in high offices started questioning it. We know that through our own brand research. Just because somebody says you are not trustworthy, that doesn’t mean it is so … CNN’s brand equity is built over 37 years doing hard work in very dangerous places … those who rely on CNN trust CNN more than ever.†"

They're abusing their position and exploiting loopholes in the law to spread hate and radical extremism among the Democratic Party.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

World War Mammories posted:

man, surely you remember how incredibly astroturfed the tea party was. rick santelli and all that poo poo.

and also, goddamn once again. I know you're a reasonable dude (all who understand that Bernie Would Have Won are by default) but you're saying that if someone is a war criminal, it's someone else's fault when they point that out. don't pull that poo poo, it's gross.

you're right about tribalism and sports and whatever but that doesn't change the history of the tea party and the bush admin

I disagree. I don't think "both parties are the same" is a reasonable opinion a grown rear end person would have. They both suck, but one does suck less.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Yug posted:

lol the hamster guy is having an hours long meltdown screaming about meltdowns

very meta

Honestly we're kind of therapeutic for the forums.

These losers come in here, they don't know why they're mad or whom they're mad at. All they know is that they lost, and they're broken.

So they come to this thread and spend hours upon hours just screeching

We're doing our part to MAGA by letting the forum head cases get it all out

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

I disagree. I don't think "both parties are the same" is a reasonable opinion a grown rear end person would have. They both suck, but one does suck less.

Lol. Dumbass.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

These losers come in here, they don't know why they're mad or whom they're mad at. All they know is that they lost, and they're broken.

Two meltdowns back to back!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Boner Zone posted:

Fox news and Rush Limbaugh aren't fringe and they've been dehumanizing the opposition for 20 years, and doesn't infowars have white house press credentials now lol

You'll find a much more reasoned and intellectual discussion on the rush limbaugh show and infowars than you ever will on cnn.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just look at the white supremacists at the houston rally thing and be like "i could never be in the same party as anyone like that" and it's weird that some of you ignore them

i mean i realize there are also idiots like that on the left too but it just seems like it's so much more prevalent among the right

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
I've despised Jeff Zucker ever since he hosed over Conan O' Brien for no good reason whatsoever. GBS veterans may remember the glorious Conan thread from when he lost the Tonight Show. Yes, this is the same guy who's running CNN now.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Teikanmi posted:

I just look at the white supremacists at the houston rally thing and be like "i could never be in the same party as anyone like that" and it's weird that some of you ignore them

i mean i realize there are also idiots like that on the left too but it just seems like it's so much more prevalent among the right

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's like those squishy stress doll things, they get all their frustrations out here. I just wish they didn't have to be so racist a lot of the time. That part sucks.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
why would you want the parties to work together? its always the most repulsive garbage when they come together.

bipartisanship in the 90s brought us wall street deregulation, more people in jail, welfare reform, etc, etc.
the last 2 great bipartisan bills were the Patriot Act and TARP. meanwhile republican obstructionism literally saved social security

the government is not your friend and the space to breath created when its busy fighting itself is a good thing

SickZip fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 27, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Yug posted:

You'll find a much more reasoned and intellectual discussion on the rush limbaugh show and infowars than you ever will on cnn.

And more meltdowns per hour

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I've despised Jeff Zucker ever since he hosed over Conan O' Brien for no good reason whatsoever. GBS veterans may remember the glorious Conan thread from when he lost the Tonight Show. Yes, this is the same guy who's running CNN now.

God Melania is so freaking hot I can;t stand it

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

eh imho it's still not as bad as "yer gawddayum right i'm a white supremacist!! this country is being taken over and white culture is being destroyed!!!"

black lives matter isn't really a bad thing in theory but there's definitely a lot of retards involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Teikanmi posted:

eh imho it's still not as bad as "yer gawddayum right i'm a white supremacist!! this country is being taken over and white culture is being destroyed!!!"

That's a direct response to "Kill Whitey"

• Locked thread