Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

old.flv posted:

I have seen Steve Vai live.

Same

and also Yngwie Malmsteen

I caught a pick he threw at the start of the show and I was like HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT

but then by the end of the show he had thrown like 2000 of them and I stopped even picking them up

One hit me in the ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

the best album of the 90s was Enter the Wu-Tang u fools

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDlklKl1fr8

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9RP2CSfpo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

https://twitter.com/AASchapiro/status/879739944348114945

There's something like $1 trillion of these subprime auto loans in the U.S. economy right now btw

here come dat bubble

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/879720207329185800

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fidel Castronaut posted:

max headroom fukken ruled but was too good for broadcast tv

i'd be bigly down with a reboot. especially if they left it as an 80s concept of the future

If they could somehow bring Amanda Pays back via a time machine to the 80s :swoon:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

max headroom fukken ruled but was too good for broadcast tv

i'd be bigly down with a reboot. especially if they left it as an 80s concept of the future

with matt frewer or with a new guy buty matt frewer plays his dad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

Lastgirl posted:

this album is AHCA imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZ19j6DndY

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Zas posted:

do you mean Because

yeah yeah

fiona apple did the across the universe cover

i miss fiona apple

but yeah, becasus

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Same

I caught a pick he threw at the start of the show and I was like HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT

but then by the end of the show he had thrown like 2000 of them and I stopped even picking them up

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Guitar Picks $3,600
Utility $150

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

boethius posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Guitar Picks $3,600
Utility $150

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Weird way to spell The Cardigans - First Band on the Moon Gran Turismo

right band, wrong album

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

that's not Kid A

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
when is the briefing today?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

electra2000 is the best album from the 90s

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

rewatching this and i'm coming to the realization that this music video was incredibly formative for me growing up lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Are we doing "best album of the '90s"?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

chuck shoe'r all star

*lowers glasses schumerously*

boo!

:laugh:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

musics overrated im into traffic noises now

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I love Hum, but electra2000?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

not a single mention of any single band from Factory Records :shrug:

oh well, at least my copy of Return of the Durutti Column is still ruining all the poo poo in my milk crate

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
While Superunknown or maybe Down on the Upside are the most well known Soundgarden albums, Badmotorfinger is by far the superior release.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look at how wrong you are. This is the album of our times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whPzJbntlnY

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TwoStepBoog posted:

that's not Kid A

kid a is the best album of the 00s tho

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Serf posted:

the best album of the 90s was Enter the Wu-Tang u fools

Well it's either that or Vulgar Display of Power

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I went for a walk

saw a healthcare rally

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Same

I don't think I could stomach a full concert of just Yngwie

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/4Ab4QFC.gifv

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
best beatles album is to mega therion

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

punchymcpunch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvZ3DBI1tO8

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Phone posted:

rewatching this and i'm coming to the realization that this music video was incredibly formative for me growing up lol

A couple of years ago I watched Elvira Mistress of the Dark, and realized that was incredibly formative for me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

yeah yeah

fiona apple did the across the universe cover

i miss fiona apple

but yeah, becasus

i talked to the music supervisor for american beauty who commissioned that, apparently the final version was originally just a demo and esmith had a lot of stuff he wanted to fix because he was probably an overperfectionist but they just went w/the demo which is what we have today

but he had already kinda riffed on because in the final track of xo, so i could see why they picked him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExlr1F2PQs <- what it sounds like when he gets every single thing in tune i guess

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

this album is AHCA imo

p sure whatever 's goin on down there isn't covered by it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

Lyrics[edit]
Anal oval office were often cited as having common lyrical themes that include misogyny, homophobia, nazism, antisemitism, racism and ridicule of the unfortunate, although this has not always been the case. Many of these songs included insults, either general or specific to one person.

The album I Like It When You Die developed the idea of containing insults in their songs, with a recurring song title being "X Is Gay", with examples including "You're Gay", "Technology's Gay", "Recycling Is Gay", "The Internet Is Gay", "Windchimes Are Gay" and even "The Word 'Homophobic' Is Gay." Another recurring song title is "You X", with examples including "You Own a Store", "You Live in a Houseboat", "You Are an Orphan", "You Go to Art School", and "You Keep a Diary". The band even parodied this theme with the songs "You (Fill in the Blank)" and "I'm in Anal oval office".

The 1999 album, It Just Gets Worse, took the idea of intentional offense a step further with more extreme examples of racism and sexism. Examples include "You Were Pregnant So I Kicked You in the Stomach", "I Lit Your Baby on Fire" and "Women: Nature's Punching Bag". The lyrics to two of the songs on this album were altered, and one of the songs on this album had its name changed from "Conor Clapton Committed Suicide Because His Father Sucks" to "Your Kid Committed Suicide Because You Suck", because they were working for a record label in Britain, where libel laws are very stringent.

It was also on It Just Gets Worse that the band began to include references to the Holocaust in their songs, including "I Sent Concentration Camp Footage to America's Funniest Home Videos". This theme of seemingly glorifying Adolf Hitler and his actions continued on their subsequent EPs, with songs such as "Hitler Was a Sensitive Man", "I'm Hitler", "Body by Auschwitz", "I Went Back in Time and Voted for Hitler" and "Ha Ha Holocaust".

Another common lyrical theme in the band's material was that of insulting other bands, or music in general, an example being "Limp Bizkit Think They're Black, but They're Just Gay" on their 2001 EP Defenders of the Hate and "311 Sucks".[14]

Next to this offensive material, some of their other songs were deliberately much more light-hearted, to confuse listeners. This includes the satirical Picnic of Love album, and also covers of songs completely different from their style including "Can't Touch This", "Stayin' Alive", "Escape", "Electric Avenue", "The Theme From Three's Company", "You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side", "Hungry Hungry Hippos", and "Just the Two of Us", as well as their karaoke rendition of the Steve Miller Band song "Abracadabra" (intended to be a "cover" of "Sabbra Cadabra").

Criticism[edit]
Critic Steve Huey called their album Morbid Florist "barely listenable".[15]

In one interview, Seth Putnam admitted that they had sent material to publications they knew would hate it, just to get bad reviews.[16]

now thats what i call edgy!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

punchymcpunch posted:

This 10-Hour Recording of Arctic Icebreaker Noises is 2017's Best Ambient Album

https://thump.vice.com/en_uk/article/53aj7z/this-10-hour-recording-of-arctic-icebreaker-noises-is-2017s-best-ambient-album

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lol: Radiohead are the Beatles of the 90's

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Turdfuzz posted:

i care deeply about ur music choices keep postin them pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008