Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

i fly airplanes posted:

There are some gems in this article.

Wanted to change the thread title to Business/Frequent Travel: The man has Platinum status. He is so angry that he does not want to give me his name. but it's too long :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

On a related note, I just flew CX F for the first time and during boarding a guy on the other side of the cabin got mad at the flight attendant because the seat has a locker instead of an overhead bin :confused:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

pig slut lisa posted:

On a related note, I just flew CX F for the first time and during boarding a guy on the other side of the cabin got mad at the flight attendant because the seat has a locker instead of an overhead bin :confused:

Some people are assholes. Many times, they fly in premium cabins. It gives me a sad.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Flying out (economy, vacation, short haul) and my wife was supposed to go as well but had to bail due to illness. Went to the counter and politely informed them that she wouldn't be making it. Nice agent thanked me and said: "Let me check you in." I thought I was, but here I am in exit row window. I the land of the VBITs, the man with exit row window is king.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

bolind posted:

I thought I was, but here I am in exit row window. I the land of the VBITs, the man with exit row window is king.

I'm trying to parse this sentence and it's not working

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Mandalay posted:

I'm trying to parse this sentence and it's not working

which part of it doesn't make sense

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

bolind posted:

Flying out (economy, vacation, short haul) and my wife was supposed to go as well but had to bail due to illness. Went to the counter and politely informed them that she wouldn't be making it. Nice agent thanked me and said: "Let me check you in." I thought I was, but here I am in exit row window. I the land of the VBITs, the man with exit row window is king.

Condolences on your divorce. :(

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Noctone posted:

Starting with leaving your sick wife home while going on the vacation and ending with the part where exit rows in 2017 are considered good. Also, the middle parts :)

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

It's a real bummer to see J0 like 3 weeks ahead of your flight.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Noctone posted:

i think he meant to say "I thought I was [in middle seat at the back row of the plane"

Also I googled VBIT and got not much

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Mandalay posted:

Also I googled VBIT and got not much

Vacation bound infrequent traveler.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

tindeck.com/vbit is the BFC version of the BYOB reggae :rznv: Ok, thank you for reading my bad joke.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

My rental car actually has a piece of itself in the trunk. Also the preferred counter is closed so I'm schlepping it in the normal line which is about a dozen people deep.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lol @ having to go to a counter to get a car

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

They tried to give me an Impala Limited. There's no way I'm sitting in that penalty box all week so I played car roulette with the app until it decided to give me something bearable (Fusion Hybrid).

I finally got through traffic and got to the office and now I have to pack up my equipment, drive to Brooklyn during rush hour and set up for class that starts tomorrow morning because my sales people are assholes and promise stupid things. FML.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm super butt hurt when I fly to trash tier cities that don't have Hertz Gold grab and go tbh

KillHour posted:

sales people are assholes and promise stupid things. FML.

As a former salesman this is sort of the job description yes

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Can someone who has a Miles and More balance check LH F award availability FRA->NYC on Wednesday Nov. 22 and Thursday Nov. 23 for me? I'd like to try the Lufthansa FCT on my way back for Thanksgiving but I don't want to have to transfer in SPG points to do so if the award bucket is empty.\

e: I suppose I'd take MUC->JFK as a secondary option.

2e: I would even take FRA->ORD on Wednesday Nov. 22

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 26, 2017

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Thanksgiving week is tough. All dates are showing 0 availability on Expertflyer. The Lufthansa Award search shows partner award inventory. Availability to Miles & More members may be greater.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Laughing at some of the poo poo in this article.

quote:

Roscoe: It bums me out to see people dressed down at the airport. No matter how much you fly, if you’re about to board a plane, it’s a special occasion. You’re about to represent the place you’re coming from to the place you’re going to. I think that merits a sport coat.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

DJCobol posted:

gently caress that. I fly casual (jeans - tshirt) when possible and the only time I go fully dressed up is on my bullshit 5/6am flights out where I go directly to a client cause i don't feel like spending any more time than I have to in certain places

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Waroduce posted:

gently caress that. I fly casual (jeans - tshirt) when possible and the only time I go fully dressed up is on my bullshit 5/6am flights out where I go directly to a client cause i don't feel like spending any more time than I have to in certain places

Well then you sir are failing to uphold your part of the social contract. For shame!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DJCobol posted:

AgrippaNothing just revealed himself.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

quote:

Masterson: This varies from person to person, but please keep in mind that one drink in the air is the equivalent to three on the ground.

I'll have what he's having

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

sellouts posted:

Thanksgiving week is tough. All dates are showing 0 availability on Expertflyer. The Lufthansa Award search shows partner award inventory. Availability to Miles & More members may be greater.

Yeah, it's that extra space I'm wondering about. I can't search it but maybe there's someone in here who can?

e: Never mind, I mistakenly thought Lufthansa didn't apply fuel surcharges on Miles and More bookings.

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 26, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So after spending 3 days in buttfuck Hicksville Tennessee I am now in small town central Florida between Orlando and Tampa and I'm gonna get drunk at one of the two nicest restaurants in the whole town

Chile's or Hooters boys what'll it be

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Waroduce posted:

So after spending 3 days in buttfuck Hicksville Tennessee I am now in small town central Florida between Orlando and Tampa and I'm gonna get drunk at one of the two nicest restaurants in the whole town

If you're near Haines City there's actually one non-chain place there that was good when I was up there for semi-business a few months back.

But lmao Florida that isn't a city.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Condolences. I'll be in winter haven on Friday :v:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
lovely central Florida hooters trip report: My waitress is pregnant and I think everyone else moonlights as a stripper or drug addict

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

dear god, why?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

If I'm the mood for a breasteraunt it's either Tilted Kilt, Buffalo Wild Wings or Twin Peaks.

And Twin Peaks actually had good food.

And never eat at the strip club.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Tab8715 posted:

If I'm the mood for a breasteraunt it's either Tilted Kilt, Buffalo Wild Wings or Twin Peaks.

And Twin Peaks actually had good food.

And never eat at the strip club.

He's in Central Florida even that bounty of riches is out of reach.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Are you in Lakeland? I can recommend some good restaurants if you wish.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

Cocoa Crispies posted:

If you're near Haines City there's actually one non-chain place there that was good when I was up there for semi-business a few months back.

But lmao Florida that isn't a city.

Hahahahaha I spent like a week in PLANT CITY once and it's the innermost circle of hell. The clients even were huge dicks and the problems turned out to be 1000% their fault cause they had a lovely power grid :toot:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Radiohead71 posted:

Are you in Lakeland? I can recommend some good restaurants if you wish.

I am not but Lakeland has a special place of hate in my heart cause we split with them in High School State Championships and I'm still slightly butt hurt about 15 years later.

I like BWW and Twin Peaks. We just got one in FTL, but I've only been to their uhh OKC or Denver location i forget.

I have walked past but never been to tilted kilt

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Waroduce posted:

I have a friend who's fiancee owns and runs like two dozen Tilted Kilts in E. Pennsylvania, Jersey and Long Island. It seems like a human resources nightmare.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I have a friend who's fiancee owns and runs like two dozen Tilted Kilts in E. Pennsylvania, Jersey and Long Island. It seems like a human resources nightmare.

Oblivious I went to one with my wife and 10 year old daughter once. Once.

A few years ago the owner of Tilted Kilts did one of those Undercover Boss shows. He was shocked that putting scantily clad young women in an establishment that served alcohol could result in harassment.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
wanna talk to their corporate legal team about the poo poo they deal with its gotta be a nightmare.

If you own the franchises do you need your own lawyer on retainer or does corporate cover/bill you for/with their team?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Waroduce posted:

I like BWW and Twin Peaks. We just got one in FTL, but I've only been to their uhh OKC or Denver location i forget.

Yeah there's actual good food even in Broweird so you don't have to go to a chain restaurant.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm not traveling for business, but I am hauling my wife and 4 kids out of MCI to CLT tomorrow. Due to massive incompetence, my children's record locator is now different than mine, and they don't get free checked bags due to my credit card status.

They're sending me 100 bucks in vouchers so whatever, but I'm concerned about checking in and having them move the seats we were already assigned together. I could check us in online, separately, but I'll still have to check some bags when we get there.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to checking in online? I'm assuming that since our trip summaries still show the seats we selected, all together, that we shouldn't have any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm not traveling for business, but I am hauling my wife and 4 kids out of MCI to CLT tomorrow. Due to massive incompetence, my children's record locator is now different than mine, and they don't get free checked bags due to my credit card status.

They're sending me 100 bucks in vouchers so whatever, but I'm concerned about checking in and having them move the seats we were already assigned together. I could check us in online, separately, but I'll still have to check some bags when we get there.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to checking in online? I'm assuming that since our trip summaries still show the seats we selected, all together, that we shouldn't have any issues.

Checking in online might make it harder for someone at the airport to swap those seats around for another passenger? Probably won't be issues either way to be honest.