Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Kjoery posted:

i just want to know more about this "hitman 3" controversy

does she have some legitimate criticisms, or is Anita a bitch that need to by hung by her genitals? well, both of these sides sound reasonable - maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle...................

She criticises games using feminist theory and causes mass salt eruptions on the internet by shutin incels who cant look at checkout girls in the eyes while purchasing their Mountain Dew and hotpockets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

She criticises games using feminist theory and causes mass salt eruptions on the internet by shutin incels who cant look at checkout girls in the eyes while purchasing their Mountain Dew and hotpockets

Don't sign your posts

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

rkajdi posted:

Want to be considered more? Be something more than the hole that products get slopped into.
That sounds disturbingly close to that Molyneux video.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

...eggs.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQrDnOIeIV0

I can't wait for the next Sargon video where he decries getting a restraining order as harassment

the video is just bearing poo poo where he makes fun of the idea of anita sarkeesian trying to get a restraining order against someone at her panel

from what i can tell, she neither sought nor obtained such an order

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

the video is just bearing poo poo where he makes fun of the idea of anita sarkeesian trying to get a restraining order against someone at her panel

thanks for sparing me a click.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I just read through that entire post chain and :wtc:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

you're doing well - now start posting your collection of pepes, but ironically

recently discovered another pretty juicy one, goes by the name "Computing Forever" - apparently he started off doing tech reviews, but eventually discovered that his anti-fem/MGTOW videos were raking in far more, and eventually went full Skeptic. his Skeptic Avatar is himself- except as an anime, which is kind of glorious unto itself

this is the face of a man who went his own anime posted:

it's so perfect
you see, our society is infected with feminism, which is kind of like an experiment with overpopulated mice. men going their own way are those mice - a sign that the end of society is near

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Going back to Maddox for a minute, here he is with a bunch of nazis
https://mobile.twitter.com/VoxProvidence/status/878625581994090496
So that's cool

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah, that wasn't what I was going for. Maybe the mouth that product gets slopped into? In any case, if you're just the replaceable consumer in the equation, you have to understand you aren't the important one. Your stuff will never love you back.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

rkajdi posted:

Yeah, that wasn't what I was going for. Maybe the mouth that product gets slopped into? In any case, if you're just the replaceable consumer in the equation, you have to understand you aren't the important one. Your stuff will never love you back.

I'm pretty sure my skull-waifu Shaun body-pillow will love me back. Capitalism-ho!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kjoery posted:

you're doing well - now start posting your collection of pepes, but ironically

recently discovered another pretty juicy one, goes by the name "Computing Forever" - apparently he started off doing tech reviews, but eventually discovered that his anti-fem/MGTOW videos were raking in far more, and eventually went full Skeptic. his Skeptic Avatar is himself- except as an anime, which is kind of glorious unto itself

it's so perfect

you see, our society is infected with feminism, which is kind of like an experiment with overpopulated mice. men going their own way are those mice - a sign that the end of society is near

What irks me about that guy is, while I am distinctly American and have only Irish ancestry, I really get the feeling a lot of Irish folks would get offended at his constant talk of "the glories of Western civilization." Basically, lumping Irish and British in the same pot and presumably extolling the British Empire's brutality.

And while I am American, I know enough about the history of Irish-American persecution, of how they weren't even considered "proper whites" and it just makes me want to punch this smug moron.

Do you know Kevin Logan and his Descent of Man-o-sphere series?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N30cJVrfPY

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Everybody who poses with that clear as Day nazi flag should hang themselves with shame, it's a loving shame the people who lived to see what nazism did arent around to bully and poo poo on these loser hitler fans.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

this video is basically "i was on a panel with anita sarkeesian and we disagreed on some things but she was civil and fair and we got along, no she didn't harass me ok"

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N30cJVrfPY

I've watched a good bit of his stuff. I'm no big fan of Corbyn like he is (Corbyn is a drat sight better than May or the other alternatives in the UK though), but on his main move of doing a hit piece on the man-o-sphere is pretty good. I wonder if he's hit the bottom of that well for the current MRA pundit class, but if there's one thing I've seen it's that it is pretty easy to go on, spout the same bullshit, and get a bit of a following from the same basement dwellers. Especially if the money for this stays there for awhile, I expect many new entrants into the man-o-sphere, since it's the only chance most of these guys have at moving out of their parent's house.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

And while I am American, I know enough about the history of Irish-American persecution, of how they weren't even considered "proper whites" and it just makes me want to punch this smug moron.

i dunno how seriously you can take this guy, honestly, just look at him

the man-o-sphere stuff is a personal favourite of mine, though its mostly contained to r/theredpill; "How To Get Laid Like A Warlord: 36 Steps" n' poo poo are just so good

that said, Stefan and his MGTOW crew are starting to grow on me, maybe ill give em a peruse let let them shower me with their eggs of knowledge

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think I saw Stefan on a documentary about internet cults. Does he have a podcast where encourages people to abandon their parents? It was about some sad teenager who just left her family one day without telling them because she listened to this podcast, then lived in some tiny apartment for months and realized the podcast was crazy.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If your pick-up plan involves more steps than "Crush your enemies" and "Hear the lamentation of their woman", it's probably false advertising to describe it as Warlord-like.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

business hammocks posted:

I think I saw Stefan on a documentary about internet cults. Does he have a podcast where encourages people to abandon their parents? It was about some sad teenager who just left her family one day without telling them because she listened to this podcast, then lived in some tiny apartment for months and realized the podcast was crazy.
ahahaha, jesus christ. i remember a pretty juicy video of him begging for money from his viewers circulating around this thread earlier. good poo poo.

Al-Saqr posted:

Everybody who poses with that clear as Day nazi flag should hang themselves with shame, it's a loving shame the people who lived to see what nazism did arent around to bully and poo poo on these loser hitler fans.
:smug: heh, triggered much, libtard :smug:

e:

Randler posted:

If your pick-up plan involves more steps than "Crush your enemies" and "Hear the lamentation of their woman", it's probably false advertising to describe it as Warlord-like.
actually, it involves creating a Reality Distortion Field

the matrix was a good movie posted:

crime weed fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 27, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Calling basic self-esteem "reality distortion" really tells you everything you need to know about what went wrong with this guy.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yup, it's the whole "de-FOOing" (Family of Origin) thing he preaches in between complaining about how women are too nice to assholes and how taxes are theft. The cult comparison is pretty well earned at this point, but if you have that "rational and neutral POV", him pushing this position is just a sane as a transgender person disconnecting from their family because they don't accept their gender identity. This is literally the argument that was given, because your political persuasion should obviously be protected and above basic scrutiny.

Molyneux is a fairly standard crazy libertarian. I have acquaintances that actually listen to him for reasons I cannot fathom. Agree or disagree, the guy never uses five words when fifty would also serve the purpose. I have to think that the longwindedness of his stuff is because he wants to filter out anyone other than people who just fall for his poo poo completely-- sort of like how 419 scammers have horrible English grammar in them to ensure everyone smart enough to see through the scam just walks away immediately instead of wasting their time and still not sending them any money.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

In regards to the internet content creator job thing, LGR was talking about how he was burning out real bad awhile ago

That guy has been making vids for like 10 years or more and has only been able to make a full time go of it in the last couple of years btw. It takes time to build up a brand I guess

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Calling basic self-esteem "reality distortion" really tells you everything you need to know about what went wrong with this guy.

Can I distort reality to give me a girlfriend :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no one was in the right about Gamergate

Both sides egged each on to the point where it got out of control

I do feel bad for Anita and Leigh Alexander who got caught in the crossfire of a blood feud between the regressive left and the internet equivalent of the Mongol Hordes

*leans into mic* wrong.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

In regards to the internet content creator job thing, LGR was talking about how he was burning out real bad awhile ago

That guy has been making vids for like 10 years or more and has only been able to make a full time go of it in the last couple of years btw. It takes time to build up a brand I guess

I'm getting the impression that a lot of people burn out when they hit the full-time income stage. I mean sure, suddenly you finally have all the time in the world to devote to your channel. Problem is that the success of your channel and its videos now determine if you eat. I've been watching John Wolfe for a couple of years and ever since he started doing it full-time he has intermittently dropped videos about how Youtube as a platform essentially pidgeon-holes him into staying with what made him successful in the first place (garbage horror game LPs) and that any time he has tried to break out of this he quickly gets punished in search results which immediately leads to falling ad-revenue. I'd imagined that this had gotten worse over the last few months with Youtube itself losing a lot of its ad-partners (and thus devaluing ad-time) and yesterday he dropped the funniest apology for product placements I've ever seen. A man has got to eat I suppose.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

LGR likes what he does, but he said he was devoting so much time and feeling like he was at work 24/7 it was killing gaming and retro computing as a hobby for him. He rents some studio space or something to compartmentalize his life

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nah its not like a cabal of game journalists and developers weren't conspiring together or anything

Lol yeah but who gives a gently caress, it was hardly watergate here

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LOl try caring less absout ethics in video games journalism and taking your fat anxious rear end outside and meet some women haha

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
ETA: ^^^same question to you

Real question: do you get off on the idea that people think you're garbage scum?

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

full time youtube is inherently very very difficult to pull off if you're one person because you either a. have to make compromises and take more time making the good poo poo or b. become cripplingly unhappy until you sell your soul because you're not able to make the good poo poo

to be an efficient, good full time youtuber you have to be both great and efficient at everything at the same time. i have yet to see a mere mortal that can handle all of those things.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

oh yeah also IFM i posted something like this in the chapo thread but i will reiterate it here because it's applicable

you think you're being cool, but actually, you look like a dork

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Avenging_Mikon posted:

ETA: ^^^same question to you

Real question: do you get off on the idea that people think you're garbage scum?

I think intrinsic field marshal is just young and a bit simple and has sadly grown up in a alt right red pill world and not had meaningful social interactions or read good books in his formative years and thinks this red pill sjw 4chan stuff is relevant to conversations between adults

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The 4chan pathology is so weird. It's all just self-hatred where they agree that they are garbage nobodies. The way to deal with them would be to encourage them to get in shape and make friends.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

JFairfax posted:

I think intrinsic field marshal is just young and a bit simple and has sadly grown up in a alt right red pill world and not had meaningful social interactions or read good books in his formative years and thinks this red pill sjw 4chan stuff is relevant to conversations between adults

you don't have to be an adult to realize that anyone not Logged On even knows about these things.

i'm younger than everyone else in this thread probably but it's not hard to see that if you professed have the views these chucklefucks do but at a table in a restaurant with people you respect, you'd probably get weird looks.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Nah its not like a cabal of game journalists and developers weren't conspiring together or anything

my man you care too much about gaming journalism

caring about garbage gaming journalism too much makes you a garbage manchild

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The 4chan pathology is so weird. It's all just self-hatred where they agree that they are garbage nobodies. The way to deal with them would be to encourage them to get in shape and make friends.

It's a little like the psychology of Eco's Ur fascism where the enemy is at both once incredibly weak and incredibly strong. They see themselves in that way.

They're at once smarter than everyone else but under theat from every angle, wheras in reality they've never had to worry about starving, being bombed or shot. Never dealt with real institutional discrimination, had most of the advantages in life and are aggressively mediocre in every facet of their lives.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

blowfish posted:

my man you care too much about gaming journalism

caring about garbage gaming journalism too much makes you a garbage manchild

it just dawned on me that the reason these guys care too much about gaming journalism is because they care too much about gaming in general

for so many of these peopl,e, it's their defining hobby - they injest almost no other forms of rt or talk about anything else with their friends, on or offline.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

landgrabber posted:

you don't have to be an adult to realize that anyone not Logged On even knows about these things.

i'm younger than everyone else in this thread probably but it's not hard to see that if you professed have the views these chucklefucks do but at a table in a restaurant with people you respect, you'd probably get weird looks.

Or become a succesful and respected member of a mainstream alt-right party in US or Europe.

It's 2017 is what I'm saying.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

landgrabber posted:

it just dawned on me that the reason these guys care too much about gaming journalism is because they care too much about gaming in general

for so many of these peopl,e, it's their defining hobby - they injest almost no other forms of rt or talk about anything else with their friends, on or offline.

:agreed:, I probably said it like 50 pages ago already, but unless you literally make a living off esports (lol) there is no sentence on earth that is more cringeworthy than "I'm a gamer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a furry
I'm into DDlg

• Locked thread