Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Cylock stopped doing illusions for us, at least on red. Because he was giving out illusions, and he gave one to someone that crashed 9/10 people in the zone. and then somehow it effected the zone, and set a cascade hitting wakening lands -> kael -> EW all the way into iceclad and screwed up something big apparently that they had to bring the real admins in to come fix/reboot the zones.

im not playing nearly as much as I used to, got basically every alt or character i want past 55 to 60 and so an army of 60s and 55 alt pvper/farmers finished one of every class. I basically have 40 eyepatches of plunder now, technically 38 but with the latest 2 alts I just got their stormfeathers back to back the other day having had lodi map for weeks/months on them from level 1-10 still. Get em to 40, swarm to 55 or 60 in CoM easily, makes leveling a joke still even with the 25 cap. 40-49 is 4 pulls, and 3 of them are literally simply for 40, 45 getting 1% a kill opposed to 4-8% a kill on non hell levels. Have tested it with 55 bard 58 bard 60 bard. Doesn't really seem to matter what level you use but 59+ is the best simply for the new poison aoe denons debreave puts you up to like 270 hp/tick in dots so throwing another 70 damage a tick into that speeds the swarms up from a 8-10 minute swarm on a sub 59, to roughly 4-5 minutes on a 59-60 bard.

Have done various iksars, trolls, high penalty races and exp does get crappy 57-58+ but if you go duo swarm it with the bard, you can get the max amount which at 57 is around 25-30% as a iksar necro I was averaging. it gets lower, and at 59 with just a 60 bard it was roughly 8-14% a pull on an troll SK. The exp past 55+ per pull seems very dependent all on what your track shows. if the top shows majority dark blue, you got a sexy respawn and its going to be max possible exp, but generally its a mix of 8-15 dark blues, 30 dark greens, 10-20 greens and the rest depends if you pull arena, and the goo houses(which I dont because it adds an extra 2-3 minutes to the tagging, and another 5 minutes to re grouping them up. People on blue probably don't get this anymore since iirc swarming is frowned or illegal on blue something about zone disruption or some nonsense. I avoided swarming past 55 for a long time, and never did 50+ until cobalt scar wyverns in velious released. before that it was simply 25-49 in OT which is pretty much nerfed, or a big hassle to keep stuff aggro'd with lazy aggro now.

on that totally random note im going to miss triple duelist backstabs when they patch, and fix the haste thing giving backstab and stuff faster refresh timers. Happens a lot, never SS it much but between one i had with nanzata i logged and this one, feels good to get off 4k+ in backstabs alone in simple 15 seconds not including white damage. BS were decent but so many misses made for a bad auto attack. usually get lots of 100+ pierces and some 150 slashes. When I have VoG and am in kunark or classic on an old world low AC target I drop vyemm's fang 13/17 MH and i can deadeye that just for guaranteed hit, everything is just spam of 85 85 85 85 85 85 85 85 85 its so drat fast. I still use it take it out of range slot and drop it mainhand with epic or claw offhand when im farming in velious or wherever solo, don't have to bother trying to side step a solo mob with backstabs to kill it. the pure melee auto attack makes up for it.

I remember posting this on the melee section after talking about it for weeks and seemed like no one on blue or red had even noticed, but I had renards belt and a claw of lightning so as soon as that quiver haste patch went in and I noticed I could easily squeeze off a triple BS during duelist i was just like WTF. and it wasnt until like 6-8 months ago blue started going into a frenzy about it as if it was either kept a secret or simple NO ONE realized. I would go on and on in my guild making sure rogues either picked eashen claw up, or put their old sky haste belt on or picked up a dozekar 41% bracer just because the current dps of a 41% haste rogue vs a non is redic. With a epic/claw combo and avatar im basically always top dps, any rogue similar we trade places it depends who gets better roll of the dice on backstab RNG etc. but a NON PRIMAL rogue, with the same epic/claw comes in right below us by barely 10dps less having something like 100+ less attack power etc.

[Wed Mar 30 20:51:39 2016] Your muscles quiver with power.
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:39 2016] You backstab Ventani the Warder for 444 points of damage.

[Wed Mar 30 20:51:44 2016] You backstab Ventani the Warder for 568 points of damage.
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:44 2016] You try to backstab Ventani the Warder, but miss!

[Wed Mar 30 20:51:50 2016] You backstab Ventani the Warder for 916 points of damage.
[Wed Mar 30 20:51:50 2016] You try to backstab Ventani the Warder, but miss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

How active is the goon guild these days? I took a druid to 35 back in pre-kunark, had a great time with <Unknown Guild>, but then it fell apart and I lost interest in the game. Started back up a few days ago as a lowbie enchanter and I've seen a surprising number of UG folks around, although /w all unknown never does anything for me.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
/w all 'unknown guild'

Gotta use quotes around the whole guildname.

Also, if you put your enchanter's name in the thread people can reach out to you in game even if they aren't on a UG tagged character.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Last time I logged in, we had a lot of guys going /anon. Like huge douche nozzles.

So post in this thread if you are wanting into the guild and one of the crew will take note, or you can private msg me if you are cool and have platinum user status :buy platinum status:.

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
Anyone here play a bard to high levels? I'm curious how you do your hot keys. I feel like there are more keys than I have buttons to press, and my little level 9 bard has some trouble filling in the keys.

For my enchanter, I would be able to ctrl/alt/shift (whichever the default spell cast button is, muscle memory) the first four spell gems, then handle the other four with clicks. Now I have a ton of Hotkeys that I've made that are basically stopsong, /cast x. Any pointers?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
In ye olden days I bound the spell gems to 1-8, sit was 9, I had track on 0 I think.

Then my 1-8 hotkey slots were alt-1-8, since on my bard I felt like I used those less.

e: EQ was a game I tended to play with two hands on the keyboard most of the time so reaching for keys wasn't that hard.

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
I can reach 1-4 decently, the 5-8 kind of suck, probably should have put that in there.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Atreus posted:

I can reach 1-4 decently, the 5-8 kind of suck, probably should have put that in there.

How about something like this? You can make all sorts of hotkey combos, this example is just a suggestion.

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
Yeah, I've already started working on it, but people who have done it forever might have some suggestions on the way they have done it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I never played a bard super seriously but being top raiding guild I dealt with some really good bards. Most of them used 1-4 or 1-5 for gems 1-4/5 and then bound the rest of the spells gems to Alt/ctrl+1-5.

I think some also used "macro" type hotkeys as well that would cast spell gems 1, wait x amount of time and then cast spell gem 2 etc etc. I'm not sure on the wait time, but it also depends on your latency to the server which is why a bunch of the bards I talk to didn't macro their hotkeys like that because they were euros playing on US servers.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
A bard will greatly benefit from the use of in-game macros tied to hotkeys. You do this by editing the social buttons.

Remember, a bard has to click the spell gem twice, once to stop the song, and another to initiate another song. Using a macro allows you to have the song stopped, and new song started with one click with the use of /stopsong.

I also had 2 song macros which helped automate things like fear kiting... and also aoe kiting. Consider it auto-twisting.

A simple macro example would be:

/stopsong
/cast 3

A twisting macro example would be:

/stopsong
/pause 3, /cast 3
/stopsong
/cast 4

You can play around with the /pause depending on your ping and computer setup.

Sure, sometimes you'll have a missed note, but the lack of carpal tunnel more than makes up for it.

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 8, 2017

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
I've played a bard high end on live, P99, p2002 etc and barring the use of melody which is not on P99 you really only have two sensible options. The first is /stopsong, /cast 1-8 macros and the second would be just putting the spell gems on your hotbar.

Trying to use any of the timed macro ones will introduce more problems than solutions unfortunately. The way I've always done it is hotkey 1-4 will be my stopsong macros which I use primarily for twisting. Hotkey 5-6 will be straight spell gems and I only use those for CC, so charm/mez/slow depending on situation. Then my last two will be purely auxiliary, like maybe calm and a dot for pulling if you're pulling, or selos if your traveling or dispel if you're raiding etc.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Timed macros work fine for solo stuff like fear kiting and aoe.

But I mostly use the single action macro if I am charm kiting.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275353

A thread in which casual guilds give up potential mobs to screw over the hardcore raiders. Fun fun.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
i'm back, uh, again. IZRD 45 monk and daaz 40 something bard. I'm poor. Lets hang out.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Daaz posted:

i'm back, uh, again. IZRD 45 monk and daaz 40 something bard. I'm poor. Lets hang out.

Got a HS or Seb key yet? Got Hoborg @ 45 ranger.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Have you guys noticed much of an impact on server pop and activity since Agnarr released? I kind of lost heart with p99 when it was announced in March. I always thought myself to be a classic EQ purist but there really are a lot of QoL changes I'm enjoying on Agnarr without the server being the steaming hot garbage that is modern EQlive.

I started on p99 in 2014 and my highest is only 54. I had a level 50 in 9 days on the new server.

Sarren
Apr 13, 2004
sweet pics bro - jturbz here, sorry 2 abandon u :( i went away for work training for a while and just didn't pick it back up when i got home.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Gray Matter posted:

Have you guys noticed much of an impact on server pop and activity since Agnarr released? I kind of lost heart with p99 when it was announced in March. I always thought myself to be a classic EQ purist but there really are a lot of QoL changes I'm enjoying on Agnarr without the server being the steaming hot garbage that is modern EQlive.

I started on p99 in 2014 and my highest is only 54. I had a level 50 in 9 days on the new server.

There's been in increase in guild activity and people asking for invites over the past two weeks. Server still hits 1200 on weeknights.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Pillow Armadillo posted:

There's been in increase in guild activity and people asking for invites over the past two weeks. Server still hits 1200 on weeknights.

Speaking of which, I could use an invite on Enzz and Awbz. Currently hanging out in oasis.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I saw a lot of people go over to agnarr, and most quit by level 15-20 and came back already. only what appears to be 1 in 10 red players actually keep playing on it, and most of them are not serious or were already casual players on P99. That being said, I hope once all the patches on p99 are released they release a new pvp server with all updated resists/buff timers/code in a locked progression type. Or at the very least allow blue people to transfer to red with all gear/plat non-tradeable so they can have some fun and pvp.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Got a HS or Seb key yet? Got Hoborg @ 45 ranger.

I dont :( I'v been in COM for like 2 years off and on at this point...could use a change

...anybody wanna set up a date to get me a seb key?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Daaz posted:

I dont :( I'v been in COM for like 2 years off and on at this point...could use a change

Even though I have so much hate in my heart, I would consider powerleveling you. For like... 1 hour. For cash money. Click for paypal link.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Daaz posted:

If you're on this afternoon/evening EST we can knock this out today or tomorrow.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Gray Matter posted:

If you've lost heart, but still want a somewhat classic experience, check out p2002. It's pretty fun, and has a lot of QoL things, red99's exp rates, and lets you 3 box. I just thought I'd mention it because I couldn't do red99 due to the horrible eq pvp nor could I bother with blue99's rates. Having PoK, the Bazaar, and being able to box so I can actually play when I have time is huge to me. With just a couple of weeks of casual play I'm at 35, and feel like I'm progressing in terms of gear. I've made a thread so post there if you're interested because I don't want to poo poo up the p99 thread with p2002 stuff.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
There's currently an easy exp/coin quest for twinks or newbs, up until about level 30. The quest involves handing 2g to Jarlen Meadowgreen at the centaur camp in SK, then running a bag to Innkeep James at the inn northwest(?) of the guard tower in NK. It gives serious exp and 1-3p per turn-in. Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7k3R3EF8Y that shows you what to do. It's classic but is only available for a limited time while the Karanas are infected.

GET YOUR FREE LEVELS GOONS!

Anarch fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 16, 2017

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Got a gnome cleric from 15-19 over the weekend doing that quest. Clockwork watchman armor, here I come!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Anarch posted:

There's currently an easy exp/coin quest for twinks or newbs, up until about level 30. The quest involves handing 2g to Jarlen Meadowgreen at the centaur camp in SK, then running a bag to Innkeep James at the inn northwest(?) of the guard tower in NK. It gives serious exp and 1-3p per turn-in. Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7k3R3EF8Y that shows you what to do. It's classic but is only available for a limited time while the Karanas are infected.

GET YOUR FREE LEVELS GOONS!

I just went to the karanas on my enchanter to kill things but it looks like I'll be hauling bread instead. Thanks.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Gray Matter posted:

I would absolutely love if p1999 did a PoP era server (p2002 has a lot of issues) because PoP was the greatest era and having AAs to work towards means always having something to do when you login. It's not even about the QoL stuff on Agnarr necessarily, but yeah I've switched to Agnarr

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

If you're on this afternoon/evening EST we can knock this out today or tomorrow.

Woops. Totally wasn't around. If you are around this weekend hit me up! Add me on discord. Laenatus # 5396

moolchaba posted:

Even though I have so much hate in my heart, I would consider powerleveling you. For like... 1 hour. For cash money. Click for paypal link.

Isn't that prostitution? I hate you too, you jerk. Add me too guy lets do this

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Tomahawk posted:

I would absolutely love if p1999 did a PoP era server (p2002 has a lot of issues) because PoP was the greatest era and having AAs to work towards means always having something to do when you login. It's not even about the QoL stuff on Agnarr necessarily, but yeah I've switched to Agnarr

We can't have nice things. Al'Kabor was a nice thing, until CS bullshit took it out at the knees.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I'd really enjoy a Luclin locked server with classic mechanics. PoP is fun and all but something about leaving the cap at 60 with AA appealed to me.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Luclin raids are mostly not fun though

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i guess I've come around on the holy trinity of classic/kunark/velious. I wouldn't mind parts of Luclin at this point, namely focus effects on items and AAs.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I only ever really played those eras back in the day, but reading where the game went in the subsequent decades is kind of crazy.

Like, I remember there was some actual in game dimension where Fippy Darkpaw was doing some ritual and that explains why he kept spawning to die on Qeynos guards or something weird like that.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
I camped groi gutblade a few times over the last couple of days. Anybody wanna buy these rings of shadows? i'v got 9 of them. I learned that selling them is a pain in the rear end after getting them... got 5 lion bags for my monk tho, which is why i wanted to hit that camp anyways. I'll be on thursday on izrd or daaz. gonna try to camp ac or seafurries or whatever to get some better cash... saving up for a peacebringer!

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

So I started an Iksar necro on Red, but couldn't find the necro spell vendor where the map says they are, which is in the guild. Anybody else have this problem? Trainers all over the place and one guy selling junk, but no spells.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

wazu posted:

So I started an Iksar necro on Red, but couldn't find the necro spell vendor where the map says they are, which is in the guild. Anybody else have this problem? Trainers all over the place and one guy selling junk, but no spells.

I think they guy you are looking for is near the PvP area/LOIO zone line.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, there's one vendor in a small building near the guild and several others near the small PVP area/Lake of Ill Omen zone line in a little cave. If you swim down the canal eventually you'll end up in it but you won't be able to reach the vendors from the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

suuma posted:

Yeah, there's one vendor in a small building near the guild and several others near the small PVP area/Lake of Ill Omen zone line in a little cave. If you swim down the canal eventually you'll end up in it but you won't be able to reach the vendors from the water.

you can scoot around the ledge above to get in without lev