Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
PIVOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buBTTPoZ5ek

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Seat Safety Switch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqvzdxBZuZU

I love the balls on this guy. Not only does he drive into the store, but he also honks at the employee to serve him.

Did not know prior to this video that Lawson was in China.

And the employee did serve him.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

http://i.imgur.com/iqtZa7U.mp4

Anyone else ever see the movie Unbreakable?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Adrenaline is a hell of a thing.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PT6A posted:

It got in there somehow, it can be gotten out the same way.

Yeah, have a tow truck winch it out through the car shaped hole in the wall. I'm just wondering how the driver got out without using the rear hatch.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah, have a tow truck winch it out through the car shaped hole in the wall. I'm just wondering how the driver got out without using the rear hatch.

Passenger door/window probably worked well enough to get out, and it looks like they might open right up to the stairs on that side.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

https://twitter.com/Kaitlin/status/880203553402310656

Skip to 25 seconds for the money shot.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I did a double take on this because I just saw the article about it as it was connected to a different article posted in the OSHA thread.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/06/woman_in_stolen_car_rams_polic.html#incart_river_index

quote:

Officers followed the stolen car for several blocks, but stopped due to the woman's dangerous driving after determining that no officers were injured.

The stolen car was later found empty on Northwest 26th Avenue and Naito Parkway, Simpson said.

Officers found the car's three male passengers in a McDonald's on Northwest Yeon Avenue. The driver was hiding in a nearby dumpster, Simpson said.

She was arrested. Two of the passengers were also arrested on unrelated warrants.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Got to watch some hillbilly towing today. Pickup towing another pickup with yellow rope. They'd get 50 yards and it would break (or the knot would slip, couldn't tell) and the tow-er would have to loop around and try and tie on again. Not clear on their destination since they wound up circling the block and returning to the parking lot they started in.

E: upon further review, either they were trying to tow by slamming the rope under the hood, or it was some moronic push-start attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG63c2XGRxw

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Deteriorata posted:

I did a double take on this because I just saw the article about it as it was connected to a different article posted in the OSHA thread.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/06/woman_in_stolen_car_rams_polic.html#incart_river_index

That's exactly where I happened to see it, and said to myself "I know a thread that would appreciate this". :)

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Who knows, but I've heard you could get older automatics to push-start the engine once you'd gotten them up around 30mph. Newer ones won't let you as they've got solenoids, wizardry, and fluid pumps not driven off the output shaft.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

NoWake posted:

Who knows, but I've heard you could get older automatics to push-start the engine once you'd gotten them up around 30mph. Newer ones won't let you as they've got solenoids, wizardry, and fluid pumps not driven off the output shaft.

Huh, I know my TH350 has its pump on the input shaft, which older ones don't? I guess Chrysler is known for oddball poo poo like that, maybe it's them.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I think it's the torqueflites have front and rear pumps?

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
nevermind.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

When you gotta tow, you gotta tow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W5r7rrR_Mg&t=13s

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus Christ. How fast do you think you can go before it starts to sway? 12mph?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

FCKGW posted:

When you gotta tow, you gotta tow!

Google found me this device for towing a fifth wheel trailer behind an SUV.

It’s clearly safer than what that guy is doing, but I don’t know about beyond that.

Also this:

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 30, 2017

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
That's the sort of tow dolly used to daisy chain semi trailers. As long as the vehicle doing the towing can handle all that weight, it's a pretty proven method.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Looks like it's a bitch to back up?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Some poor girl got shot and killed near me in a road rage incident.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Had a guy killed a rest stop/motorway services about 3 miles from where I grew up

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/murder-investigation-cobham-motorway-services-shovel-attack-m25-surrey-a7814776.html

Morons everywhere

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Just watched an idiot nearly get himself t-boned. Sitting in a U-turn beneath a highway overpass, the guy in front of me wants to basically go straight ahead across the access road and into the shopping center on the other side (so do I but I'm not a loving idiot). So he waits a bit because cars are pouring through the intersection just above us and there's no room. Okay the light's changed, so it's a perfect time to creep out, right? Nope, everyone else in the next direction wants to go this way as well since it's the only real access to the highway overhead right here.

Instead of waiting for a bit longer, the idiot creeps out into oncoming traffic and suddenly an SUV skids to a halt, horn blaring and tires smoking because he basically just creeped into oncoming traffic. He's lucky this woman was one of the few drivers in Austin NOT on a cellphone. What does idiot do? lamely turns on his left turn signal to show he wants to cross the road before creeping forward to fully block this woman. Finally, when the two lanes past him are clear does he slowly crawl across the road and let the lady (and the two cars behind her) by.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I saw a police crackdown on unplated scooters in Beijing a few years ago. It made me smile.

It doesn't tend to be people getting together and stunting there, just assholes riding like assholes. Also, likely doing more to worsen the smog than the average full-sized car.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

IronDoge posted:

Some poor girl got shot and killed near me in a road rage incident.

I go down that way frequently, and the way people jostle and zoom past each other there I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened before to be quite honest

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Man Always Carries Gun In Case He Needs To Escalate Situation

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh good an Onion article, I was afraid I wouldn't roll my eyes much today.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
These are the airplanes you share a road with

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Oh good a pcos bill post, I was afraid I wouldn't roll my eyes much today.

Had a car come to a complete stop in front of me at the end of an onramp today. Luckily I was able to merge normally into traffic and just go past them.

Also check out these speed wobbles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNwQK_HIHRU

jamal fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 30, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its too bad he wasnt trying to do a 360, because that part was sweet.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

jamal posted:

Oh good a pcos bill post, I was afraid I wouldn't roll my eyes much today.

Had a car come to a complete stop in front of me at the end of an onramp today. Luckily I was able to merge normally into traffic and just go past them.

Also check out these speed wobbles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNwQK_HIHRU

Ugh, bare arms and shoulders.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Not a rider - what causes that and what are you supposed to do about/to avoid it?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

totalnewbie posted:

Not a rider - what causes that and what are you supposed to do about/to avoid it?
Vibration in the front end, and there's not a lot you can do. People will install dampers to try to avoid, but it's a bandaid. Since most braking on a motorcycle is (controlled separately and) via the front brakes, it gets worse fast if you do what you instinctively want to.

The biggest things I think would have prevented it:
  • Better steering angle
  • Both hands on while hitting bumps
  • (maybe some kind of maintenance issue, loose steering components, whatever)

If you're feeling brave, you can try to throttle out or scrub speed with the rear brake, but they're both risky.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh good an Onion article, I was afraid I wouldn't roll my eyes much today.

Did that one touch a nerve?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Most 5th wheel campers have a trailer hitch on the back. It's there so you can tow a boat, too, which is just about the only configuration where you can legally tow two trailers at once (without being a semi pulling double or a farmer, of course).

I guess you can turn it around! Might even be street legal if that trailer has tail/brake lights on the "rear". Looks like it would be a bitch to keep straight, though, the wight distribution is all wrong.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Did that one touch a nerve?

The one that makes my eyes roll

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

totalnewbie posted:

Not drive a vehicle completely devoid of literally every safety advancement of the last 100 years or so like any non-retarded individual.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Not drive a vehicle completely devoid of literally every safety advancement of the last 100 years or so like any non-retarded individual.

It keeps happening

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Has anyone done a holy poo poo piss edit of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weye12JR3Qg