Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
oh hey speaking of Dakota hosting a major

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3aW5LpBjuA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That video is pro-click as hell

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
hahahah god drat

dakota host TI7

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Armless pudge on BTS5 for NA games

also another bloodseeker, the hero everyone loves to lose with

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

ElNarez posted:

holy lol

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Team Red draft is neat.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I laughed at "Skeletons, Dakota".

That was fantastic.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
God, the number of people with little stars next to their names is going to be depressingly thin. Xiao8 sorta tried with a friendstack and went out, Iceiceice went out, ddc's chances presently don't look good, Dendi and Hao are kind of on the bubble at the moment, Lanm is coaching, MMY is retired.

If Navi and Vici don't make it out of quals, that leaves you with only Kuroky, Misery, and Puppey as your final three "attended every TI" players.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This complexity/red game is just the worst/best.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Misery could still not make it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

funmanguy posted:

Misery could still not make it.

Yeah, but I'm calling that vaguely safe for now since Odd is doing as badly.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Also universe was at TI1 as a sub for that one team with fear. That counts!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

funmanguy posted:

Also universe was at TI1 as a sub for that one team with fear. That counts!

Did he play a game on the main stage? That has the be the bar here because DC put Slacks as their sub last year, and nobody goes around calling him a TI runner-up.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

Did he play a game on the main stage? That has the be the bar here because DC put Slacks as their sub last year, and nobody goes around calling him a TI runner-up.

Probably because DC wasn't the runner-up team also everyone calls him a Top 3 TI Finisher where have you been

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
"not listening, not listening. Midas travels."

That is a fantastic saying.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
So I guess Na'vi and Vega are going to immediately play a tiebreaker if Na'vi wins?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Incoherence posted:

So I guess Na'vi and Vega are going to immediately play a tiebreaker if Na'vi wins?

Yup

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

No Safe Word posted:

Probably because DC wasn't the runner-up team also everyone calls him a Top 3 TI Finisher where have you been

Did Wings beat DC in the grand finals last year or did I hallucinate that. I think EG placed third but gaslight away!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Slacks is a TI runner up.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

No Safe Word posted:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
danish bears - cool beans is legitimately some of the worst dota i've seen in forever. every minute at least two people die by being completely out of position for absolutely no reason. and then every team fight each player on the map goes straight into eternal envy decision making mode.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

botany posted:

danish bears - cool beans is legitimately some of the worst dota i've seen in forever. every minute at least two people die by being completely out of position for absolutely no reason. and then every team fight each player on the map goes straight into eternal envy decision making mode.
It's a meaningless game and both teams are just loving around, thus the Battlefury PA and support Invoker and MoM Faceless Void.

I'd rather see a SA or CIS game, but apparently both BTS and Moonduck want to broadcast this thing.

edit: And right on cue, BTS switches to Na'vi/Vega.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Incoherence posted:

It's a meaningless game and both teams are just loving around, thus the Battlefury PA and support Invoker and MoM Faceless Void.

I'd rather see a SA or CIS game, but apparently both BTS and Moonduck want to broadcast this thing.

oh okay, i just tuned in and didn't follow the standings. that's a bit of a relief then.

also main stream just switched to navi vs vega squadron, i.e.navi getting eliminated.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
skeletons, dakota.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo huge teamfight for navi there. general coming in with the echo

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
wheel vs col, both teams at 3-3 and on the edge of playoffs http://twitch.tv/beyondthesummit5

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gg navi

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Feels like an abysmal TI for people who have been in the scene for at least five years, though I guess Kuroky and Burning and Universe are still doing okay.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
:lol::lol::lol: Get in the bin swindle.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

Feels like an abysmal TI for people who have been in the scene for at least five years, though I guess Kuroky and Burning and Universe are still doing okay.

I mean... most TIs have been abysmal for people who have been in the scene for at least five years.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

ElNarez posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
kotlguy supremacy

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I mean... most TIs have been abysmal for people who have been in the scene for at least five years.

The list of people who had been to every one was pretty big until TI5 when Peter Dager slew the Chinese hydra and it reformed in a bunch of new teams that were all not very good, as slots and two grand finals go to the CN teams loaded with people nobody had heard of.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Smythe posted:

kotlguy supremacy

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

The list of people who had been to every one was pretty big until TI5 when Peter Dager slew the Chinese hydra and it reformed in a bunch of new teams that were all not very good, as slots and two grand finals go to the CN teams loaded with people nobody had heard of.

Certainly that list has to keep getting shorter, but I'm just saying TI sucks for most players, especially that ones that have been in the scene forever like bulba and dendi

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Certainly that list has to keep getting shorter, but I'm just saying TI sucks for most players, especially that ones that have been in the scene forever like bulba and dendi

I mean isn't that just natural that new blood/younger people will start to overtake older players.

Navi has been looking insanely rough all year, and when Sonneiko came back they managed to qualify for a lan (the summit) and have deep run in other qualifiers, but they never really looked amazing at all.

E: Bulba on the other hand had a very rough start to the year but eventually with a lot of practice they were able to start getting to lans (and the Kiev Major, albeit with Demon).

Honestly NA is looking really competitive now. NP are making it for sure as the top seed I think, but they could get upset by DC/Odd/Wheel. DC hilariously lost a game against Starboyz the Champions cup team earlier today, and Odd seem to be having a meltdown in the middle of the qualifiers and look shaky af. Even though Odd has only lost 1 game so far, each of their games seem to have been way more even than what I think they would have wanted. We'll see how it goes.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 28, 2017

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Coffee Mugshot posted:

not everybody can have billion year esports careers like flash and jaedong

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Navi has been looking insanely rough all year, and when Sonneiko came back they managed to qualify for a lan (the summit) and have deep run in other qualifiers, but they never really looked amazing at all.

Yeah, Epicenter was the obvious sign. The fact that Navi sucks while a Funnik-stack is #1 shows how much a good captain matters, and since Artstyle was kicked there hasn't been one.

I'm more shocked about Faceless especially given the number of SEA slots.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Also wait holy poo poo Team Freedom can actually make it to TI! gently caress. I am so hype for the DC/Freedom ~GRUDGE MATCH~

E: Freedom are currently in the top and if they beat DC I'm pretty sure they just make it to TI holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

Yeah, Epicenter was the obvious sign. The fact that Navi sucks while a Funnik-stack is #1 shows how much a good captain matters, and since Artstyle was kicked there hasn't been one.

I'm more shocked about Faceless especially given the number of SEA slots.

I'm not shocked about Faceless because SEA keeps turning out these insane players multiple times in the last few years. I'm full in to the teams that make it into TI out of that region.

• Locked thread