Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

ex post facho posted:

we need a majority!

we need a supermajority!

we need a supermajority with the governorship!

we need a supermajority with the governorship... of progressives!

can u guys still see those goalposts? the dems have carried them so far away I can't even tell if its time for a hail mary or more power o up the gut

"We need a supermajority of progressives...with progressive govenorship!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

ex post facho posted:

oh my god, why even loving vote for democrats, jesus christ

this, but unironically

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

but when i don't want to vote for the bad ones who block everything and are hugging friends with republican monsters, i get told i'm being irresponsible and the lesser of two evils is something i must always vote for!

then don't do it problem solved that will be twelve grand

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"you can have singlepayer when you've completely taken over the democratic party and not a second before" - concerned citizen, democrats

Serf
May 5, 2011

ex post facho posted:

seems to me that progressives should probably just split off from the dems at this point, since even a platform plank and supermajority in state legislature isnt enough for single payer apparently, as you now need a majority of progressives

1000 years of conservative darkness

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Serf posted:

1000 years of conservative darkness

we've gone through at least that much in 158 days of the trump adm, or so my time-compression orb tells me

also, we're already getting lesser-evilism by voting democrats anyway, so i guess the enemy of the good is just the bad dems, not the perfect

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

"you can have singlepayer when you've completely taken over the democratic party and not a second before" - concerned citizen, democrats

You can have single payer when you elect enough single payer supporters to pass legislation regardless of their party

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

but when i don't want to vote for the bad ones who block everything and are hugging friends with republican monsters, i get told i'm being irresponsible and the lesser of two evils is something i must always vote for!

I mean or don't vote I guess.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

fits my needs posted:

lol, nah. white people are loving terrible. especially in large groups.

plus I love having to not deal with overt racism where I live so it's not bigoted just a matter of self preservation haha :shrug:
:wow:
I'm glad I literally don't use the same arguments as supremacists, even ironically, to justify bigotry.

:ssh: You shouldn't have a problem with a person's skin color, but a problem with people in general. You obsess too much.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Concerned Citizen posted:

You can have single payer when you elect enough single payer supporters to pass legislation regardless of their party

Do lanyards get health insurance? Or are you still covered till age 26?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
buttigieg not lest ye be buttigieged
http://i.imgur.com/XHuCDUZ.gifv

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

what about a debate on the bill? i thought blocking debate on a bill was an evil tactic evil republicans used evilly? why are dems using it against their "allies"?

allow me to amend my statement:

"you can have a say in legislation once you've completely taken over the democratic party and not a second before" - concerned citizen, democrats

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It's pretty disheartening to see that the Right fights tooth and nail to build and consolidate power at every level of government, every day of every week, and not just at the dark money / top-down level (ALEC, AM talk radio, Focus on the Family) but also at the grassroots level with wrathful churchgoers setting high school curricula by taking over school boards and poo poo

meanwhile, we post and gripe about a dead gay center right political party on a dead gay comedy forum

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean or don't vote I guess.

or vote only for leftists that i approve of and hope the centrists lose their seats

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

suuuuuuuuuck zoooooooooooooone

:toot:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

buttigieg will NEVER ever happen

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

juicero but a drone equipped with a fleshlight dentata

kinda hot

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ThndrShk2k posted:

:wow:
I'm glad I literally don't use the same arguments as supremacists, even ironically, to justify bigotry.

:ssh: You shouldn't have a problem with a person's skin color, but a problem with people in general. You obsess too much.

So you think white people are good?

Next thing you'll tell me is that you don't see color and

*white cop executes another black dude*

that race is only a problem if you bring it up

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

or vote only for leftists that i approve of and hope the centrists lose their seats

Well clearly everyone should be primaried.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

this but unironically

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
hmm

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

everyone in the ca state assembly should yes. especially rendon

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

primary the human race

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
anyone remember that poster who said he wanted to see entire rural small towns exterminated or something? it was a very funny post and id like to read it again

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Condiv posted:

everyone in the ca state assemblied should yes. especially rendon

even the ones that would vote for single payer or are you just feeling extra saucy today

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
see, now, I finally change my avatar back and cc goes back to going full neoliberal. "feh, you rubes thought we actually pay attention to our own platform, though we keep telling you over and over again that the platform is why you should vote for us!!"

I gotta start looking these gift horses in the mouth from now on.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

fits my needs posted:

So you think white people are good?

Next thing you'll tell me is that you don't see color and

*white cop executes another black dude*

that race is only a problem if you bring it up

this is why i voted for a black communist lady

white people is the same, doesn't matter of their names is hillary or donald

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Scent of Worf posted:

anyone remember that poster who said he wanted to see entire rural small towns exterminated or something? it was a very funny post and id like to read it again

iirc that was whiskey juvenille

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

UHD posted:

primary the human race

lol if you don't already vote for lizards up and down the ticket

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i endorse that one cicada frog from that one show

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scent of Worf posted:

There's like a dozen of those posters.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Agean90 posted:

this but unironically

I'm not being remotely ironic. People think that center dems are going to change their minds about policy without any leftish dems winning anything.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

UHD posted:

even the ones that would vote for single payer or are you just feeling extra saucy today

maybe those good assemblymen can indicate their goodness somehow. maybe by speaking out against rendon, or trying to get him to unshelve the bill

loving ro khanna has figured this poo poo out, why can't the reptilian centrists figure out how the triangulation they supposedly love works?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
both parties want rural america to die, one slowly through apathy and the other quickly by straight up killing them

rip rural america you never scored

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

There's like a dozen of those posters.

and they'll get the bullet, too.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scent of Worf posted:

I think that thread was in D&D like middle of last year or earlier? I think people in that thread were also talking about tech call centers moving to poo poo hole rural towns for some reason instead of India/Philippines because....?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

deadgoon posted:

i endorse that one cicada frog from that one show

i vote once every 17 years, like the humble cicada

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

what do you think the job of a politician is

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I for one would welcome avian senators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
hint: it's not to gently caress over their constituency in every conceivable way

• Locked thread