Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wolfsheim posted:

Anyone tried any of these sick monster jumps they apparently added? I'm wondering if its a post-game thing or you can just hit it up whenever, seems like you could break the sequencing with a little effort if you can get it right away.

What's this about? I haven't played the game since the first update that added NG+. Figured that I'd just wait for all the DLC to be out to play at once instead of subjecting myself to the dripfeed of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anything interesting plot-wise in Episode Prompto/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Anything interesting plot-wise in Episode Prompto/

Apparently you get to actually learn what the gently caress was going on during chapter 13, so probably.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Wolfsheim posted:

There is a real bad forced stealth section later on and the plot falls apart pretty hard once you leave the first continent, but it's still good times overall.

Can we talk about chapter 13 real quick? Because people keep saying poo poo about how it's the worst thing ever created or how it's an awful stealth section and I have never understood why. The worst part about it is that it drags on way longer than it has any right to, but you could also say that about half the dungeons in the game. At least chapter 13 has save points.

You don't have to do any stealth at all. Like, literally none. You literally just equip whatever magic boosting accessories you have, stand in the middle of a group of enemies, and mash out holys until everything is dead. You use death for flavor or the instakill move if you feel like skipping an encounter, and the ring even got buffed in a patch recently making it way stronger overall.

Like, there's very real problems with the chapter and the game as a whole but if you play that chapter as a stealth section that's on you. I would take chapter 13 any day over that god awful loving sewer dungeon. Not even getting a royal arm at the end after spending just over two hours trudging through one way entrances and hallways that all look the same was the first time I was actually angry at this game.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

DLC is working properly for season pass holders on the US store now. For me, anyway.

Wrist Watch posted:

Like, there's very real problems with the chapter and the game as a whole but if you play that chapter as a stealth section that's on you. I would take chapter 13 any day over that god awful loving sewer dungeon. Not even getting a royal arm at the end after spending just over two hours trudging through one way entrances and hallways that all look the same was the first time I was actually angry at this game.

Ch 13 is definitely less aggravating than the sewer level, but why were you expecting to find a royal family member's burial site in a sewer

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The worst dungeon for me was the weird tower you can only get into at night. It's mostly fine except that gimmick near the end where there are 4 paths and 3 of them make you fight I think three red giants/a million flans/a snake lady all at once every time you guess wrong (I somehow guessed wrong like 5 times even though there are only 4 choices)

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

melodicwaffle posted:

Ch 13 is definitely less aggravating than the sewer level, but why were you expecting to find a royal family member's burial site in a sewer

I wasn't using a guide, so at the time my experience was "if there's a dungeon, there's a pretty good chance there's a royal arm or something else that's nice inside".

Also, I can totally see a sewer system getting built that randomly connects to a long since forgotten burial site no one can open deep underground. It's no more weird than stumbling onto a royal burial site deep in the back of an abandoned mine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

The worst dungeon for me was the weird tower you can only get into at night. It's mostly fine except that gimmick near the end where there are 4 paths and 3 of them make you fight I think three red giants/a million flans/a snake lady all at once every time you guess wrong (I somehow guessed wrong like 5 times even though there are only 4 choices)

Yea. That is the worst dungeon because the end part is 100% RNG so if you get unlucky, you will have to clear at least 3 other paths before the right up opens up.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The only thing I didn't like about the sewer is that (1)you have to do the slow pipe-walk part twice and (2)that final switch you have to hit has a jump that you have to hit attack during to just barely make it, a mechanic that is literally never used again in the rest of the game.

Actually stumbling around while the bros ponder how lost they were getting was good times, and I went in underleveled and with no good way to combat status effects so it eas actually crazy challenging just to make it back out.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So Episode Prompto is $6 on the store with no way to download it for season pass holders. :krad:

Shows up as free for me, a season pass holder.
Downloading now!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah it was available in the US store as a season pass download as of a couple hours ago.

I'm reluctant because Prompto is my least liked party member and guns are the loving worst in the main game but early reviews say they've improved it a bit so here's hoping!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If you don't like prompto then I don't like you

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

Augus posted:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The Man/Chocobo Love Association posted:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Augus posted:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I don't mind Prompto, I just like Iggy more as a anime BF.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Augus posted:

Ignis > Aranea > Noctis > Gladio > Gladio's sister > Prompto > That serious mentor guy, the immortal or whatever

Fight me bitch :colbert:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Ignis > Aranea > Noctis > Gladio > Gladio's sister > Prompto > That serious mentor guy, the immortal or whatever

Swap Noctis with Iris and you've got it right

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
So what's the deal with the Prompto DLC? I feel like all day long I've only seen people say they're downloading it, but nothing direct about the actual content?

Is it maybe just so engrossing that people can't stop snowboarding to post?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

postmodifier posted:

So what's the deal with the Prompto DLC? I feel like all day long I've only seen people say they're downloading it, but nothing direct about the actual content?

Is it maybe just so engrossing that people can't stop snowboarding to post?

I downloaded it and fired up XV for the first time since the Gladio DLC but then became enthralled trying to land my rocket-boosted monster truck on other drivers and lost track of the time :shrug:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Wolfsheim posted:

Cor is great. :colbert:

He's a little out of place in this cast, since it's best for goofy adventures rather than anything serious, but he'd be fine in a cast like XII's.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The DLC is kinda jank but then Prompto fights the Metal Gear and Aranea is there so it's cool in my books

I do kinda feel like the people who get to go into a goty edition fresh eventually will have the better time with the game

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is this the last DLC? Or at least announced anyway? I haven't played since the carnival before it expired and wanted to wait until they were all released before I played again.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
We still have Ignis DLC in december. And maybe something with Aranea, world of ruin or something like that.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Episode Ignis releases in December and I feel there's a high chance they're gonna announce more DLC at Gamescom

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They will announce that FFXVI is just going to be XV with all the DLC.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly, at this point considering how everybody universally loves the character, I feel like there's a high chance there might be an Aranea DLC.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
there is one more scheduled DLC after episode ignis

the multiplayer mode with the character creation poo poo

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh I completely forgot that SE wants FFXV to have an MP mode.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

In this mode, everyone is Aranea.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sefal posted:

I recall this upcoming feature and I wish they would not and focus on patching the sinking ship that is the main story in FFXV other than DLC sales. Hell, add some more costumes even.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Azubah posted:

In this mode, everyone is Aranea.

the Aranea Arenae

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'd like to play through this game again at some point. What annoyed me most was the indoor camera, and getting stuck in bushes. Any improvements on those?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sefal posted:

Why would they try to slap multiplayer on to the shitshow that is FFXV when FFXIV exists and is really good?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean they also have two other MMOs running.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

No.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Why would they try to slap multiplayer on to the shitshow that is FFXV when FFXIV exists and is really good?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol 12GB update wtf

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Augus posted:

Apparently you get to actually learn what the gently caress was going on during chapter 13, so probably.

Quoting this for posterity and laughs. Hint: you don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Both Prompto and Aranea are looking GOOD in their new outfits! The DLC itself was pretty shallow but I had fun fighting alongside best girl Aranea again. Patch back the ability to put her in the party, S-E!

• Locked thread