Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Paladinus posted:

Another fake review of Transformers 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfLPkK_XH7I

he stole the bit about the diamond from triple h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

WampaLord posted:

Awesome, thanks a bunch! :hfive:

Edit: It says the filesize is too big :(

lmao

I'm at work and I can't do much,sorry pal :( I hope any other goon can fix it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Baby Driver was simple but stylish as hell, everything is set to music. From the heists to just grabbing coffee, the movie always has a rhythm to it.

Really fun, I enjoyed it a lot.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Baby Driver was simple but stylish as hell, everything is set to music. From the heists to just grabbing coffee, the movie always has a rhythm to it.

Really fun, I enjoyed it a lot.

That's great to hear, I'm looking forward to it. Worlds End was a MASSIVE disappointment to me. I loved Shaun and Fuzz and I thought Scott Pilgrim had pretty good editing and directorial style. I think it was a tragedy he never got to do Antman cos what we got was a wet fart. Really excited to see him back on form.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
World's End>Shaun of the Dead>Hot Fuzz

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Same except reverse.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

starkebn posted:

I've got a novel idea, I'm going to keep not going to see these trash movies and maybe so could some of you

I don't go to see these trash movies.

I avoid the ones RLM likes, and the ones RLM hates.

quote:

Worlds End was a MASSIVE disappointment to me.

Same. I guess it was too "epic" in scale compared to everything else.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Baronjutter posted:

Same except reverse.

Same. Hot Fuzz forever.

Also I like Ant Man but only when Rudd and/or Pena is onscreen (not in costume for Rudd). Also I enjoyed the train fight. They got me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the gently caress

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
World's End felt like they expanded that joke in Shaun of the Dead, where Nick Frost summarizes the whole movie by talking about getting plastered, into an entire movie. Ohh they went to the The Evil Twin pub and there were evil twins there, you clever boys ;)

But I did appreciate the end scene where they just decide to be yob cunts to the body snatchers and end the world. It was a nice sort of repartee to the Apatow crowd's "and then the funny stoned losers learned the value of conforming to society's expectations of becoming straight laced family men and were never funny again. the end" like what if they just continued being pieces of poo poo lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It took WAAYYYYYY too long to get to the point. Imagine if the zombies turned up for the last half hour of Shaun

Get outta here!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

From Dusk till Dawn :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Paul >

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Apparently Disney has hired an acting coach for the lead of the Han Solo movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would that it t'were so simple.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

monster on a stick posted:

but it has things i know :)

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I was about to ask how you get a lead in a movie when you're bad at acting but it sort of happens all the time, and that's kind of terrible isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaW8LRusak

vermin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 27, 2017

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

For someone who doesn't even really look like Harrison Ford. Maybe they figured they could get a twofer since Emilia Clarke is also in it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really don't understand with the budgets of these movies how they end up with bad actors and bad writing. I guess it's a case of way too many cooks in the kitchen and everything becomes political and by committee?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Didn't that Anakin kid get picked over a way more competent one? If they have a "look", I guess everything else is sacrificed to get it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Probably should've done that several Star Wars and Marvel movies ago.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I was the lead in a play in 8th grade because I passed the director's "test" during the audition; but I couldn't act for poo poo. I got bumped down to an extra.

I didn't get no disney acting coach :mad:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Irradiation posted:

For someone who doesn't even really look like Harrison Ford. Maybe they figured they could get a twofer since Emilia Clarke is also in it.

Really?! She loving sucks.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
YOU JUST KEEP HITTING IT OUT OF THE loving PARK DISNEY

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I actually reeeeaaaally want to see Han Ventura: Space Detective after all the posts itt

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really liked the Han Solo guy in Hail Caesar, thought he was the best part about it TBH

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

I really liked the Han Solo guy in Hail Caesar, thought he was the best part about it TBH

Not really setting the bar high there

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

I definitely agree. Although I was expecting bumpkin actor who can't act to be true to life.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

What the gently caress

It's the accurate ranking

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Wait till you find out that 1) Han solo is Rey's dad. 2 No Rey I am your brother.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not really setting the bar high there

Truth. Weak rear end effort from the Coen bros

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

This is that good highbrow poo poo you don't get from Bayfags in CineD.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Wait till you find out that 1) Han solo is Rey's dad. 2 No Rey I am your brother.

A main character fantasizes about loving someone that will turn out to be a sibling. It is akin to poetry, in that it rhymes.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

because he played a bad actor, turns out he wasn't acting

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

It turns out Finn is her half-brother, Leia couldn't resist Lando's charm when Han was frozen in carbonite.

Also Snoke is their real grandfather and Darth Vader will be completely retconned.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Truth. Weak rear end effort from the Coen bros

What the hell is wrong with you that you didn't enjoy the camp song with gay sailors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ0JFzXMgY

This is great, you idiot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hail, Caesar is one of the weakest Coen films, but that in no way means it's bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hail, Caesar is one of the weakest Coen films, but that in no way means it's bad.

Yep. I'd take a bad Coens movie over 90% of other stuff. At least they care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

• Locked thread