Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Cave Story is probably in my top 5 games, and I never paid money for it before it came to Switch. If you've never played it, it's definitely worth it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have never played Cave Story. I think I should get it for Switch cause it's supposed to be decent?

Absolutely unless you’re a weirdo that doesn’t like platformers. The Switch version is the best version and there’s free content updates coming such as co-op.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/879675726290534400

Cool dudes having a drink.

Especially Imamura in the middle there with the glasses, dude's an unsung hero.

Character designer behind Slippy Toad, Tingle and Captain Falcon to name just a few. Just a scant few among all the others he's come up with.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Looks like Snake Pass is on sale in NA as well, so thanks thread :toot:

Owns

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Millions posted:

Cave Story is probably in my top 5 games, and I never paid money for it before it came to Switch. If you've never played it, it's definitely worth it imo

Nthing that Cave Story is great if you somehow have managed to not play it at this point.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want all of Swery’s games on Switch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SNES Mini now sold out in Australia :laffo:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh hey thread. It's been a couple days.

Lemme juuuuust adjust the mic aaaand...

YO WHERE THE gently caress STARDEW AT

Thank you for your time.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Oh hey thread. It's been a couple days.

Lemme juuuuust adjust the mic aaaand...

YO WHERE THE gently caress STARDEW AT

Thank you for your time.

Yes. This. If they surprise drop it early July, I'm okay though.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Imagined posted:

Wonderboy is very pretty, but the gameplay is untouched from the ball-crushing 80s original. They modernized the graphics but not the game. Shantae, however, is a pretty good modern platformer with a surprising amount of replay value and not very frustrating.

Thanks! Old school gameplay won't frustrate me, since that is what I grew up playing. I enjoyed Shantae and The Pirate's curse a lot, so definitely plan to play it either way even if I got Wonderboy first.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'd say both are roughly equivalent. Wonderboy has more archaic design which can annoy some, while Shantae has more backtracking and collecting which can bother some. $20 won't be enough if you have sales tax for either, they're both $20 before tax.

If you're enjoying Blaster Master I would recommend Mighty Gunvolt Burst (same company, a Mega Man like game that's actually good) and Kamiko(a very short Zelda/hyper light drifter type game). That would total to $15 before tax

I don't mind adding a few bucks to cover taxes. I didn't mind the amount of backtracking in Shantae and the Pirate's Curse since the levels weren't huge. So if Half Genie Hero is similar in size, it won't bother me. And archaic designs were all that we had growing up, so I am fine that too.

Kamiko sounds interesting too. Thanks!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Amazon has not had any Switches in stock themselves in about six weeks now. What the hey guys, make a queue system already.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It’s those goddamn scalpers and definitely no one else

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Use istocknow.com and grab one local. Be ready to bolt from your house when it says one is in stock. That's how I got mine.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so with the classic edition on the horizon it's important to ask

what do you call Nintendo's second console?

"Super Nintendo"
"S.N.E.S."
or
"Sness"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Super Nintendo"
"S.N.E.S."
or
"Sness"

Super nintendo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TFRazorsaw posted:

"da nintendo where you put da games on top"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I bought snake pass on sale thanks thread

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ARMS has been decent enough fun. I am feeling pretty good about my decision to rent rather than buy it, though -- even though I have been binging on fighting games this month, ARMS is not hooking me the way Injustice 2 or Tekken did. I have tried both the motion and pad controls and each just feels a bit off in different ways. I'll probably keep putting more time into it and see if things change, but will most likely move onto Spla2n when that comes out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Super Nintendo"
"S.N.E.S."
or
"Sness"

The bottom one like it's a word

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm the loser that hasn't really checked their steam catalog in awhile and was originally getting Cave Story+ for Switch thinking I never owned it or played it then realized I played it for 2-3 hours and didn't really like it back then.

Good going past me.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's S-N-E-S, get that "snezz" poo poo outta here.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Use istocknow.com and grab one local. Be ready to bolt from your house when it says one is in stock. That's how I got mine.

This. It's how i got mine too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

it's a "sness", who would spell out the acronym? Crazy people.

Just like those weirdos who didn't get the colourful SNES controller buttons. Those purple monstrosities are just sad...

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Super Nintendo, SNES, or Super NES are okay

If you call it "snezz" I will think less of you as a person

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It was a trick question. chaleski was the only one who said "Super NES".

Only he may enter Miyamoto's kingdom of enlightenment.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

fastbilly1 posted:

Since the Switch now supports Pokken controllers and the updated mayflash GC to Wiiu adapter (though only 1 player), has anyone tried two Pokken controllers at the same time?

This neogaf poster said he could get a USB hub to work and could get 2 pokken controllers and a third controller working at the same time.

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Super Nintendo"
"S.N.E.S."
or
"Sness"

Sness

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Nintendo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is snake pass good or nah?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a fun collect 'em up as long as you can get used to the controls.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

$10 is the upper limit I'd pay for it. It's great and fun but incredibly shallow and short.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I always figured people in the NA said "Super Nintendo" or S.N.E.S. and those in the UK/Australia said "Sness". An American accent saying "Sness" doesn't sound good, but a UK or Aussie accent can pull it off.

I'm weird though and may be way off.

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Super Nintendo"
"S.N.E.S."
or
"Sness"

"Super Nintendo" Like god intended.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Super Nintendo"
"S.N.E.S."
or
"Sness"

The S-Ness

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always called it "The Soup"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's ok if you can dedicate yourself to beating whatever level you're on. There's no way to save outside of beating the level.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Sness is so, so wrong.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

It's ok if you can dedicate yourself to beating whatever level you're on. There's no way to save outside of beating the level.

This is why sleep mode on Switch owns.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why has Nintendo not sold some adapter where it has a rail for attaching a joycon and the wiimote port so you can plug in Wii controllers?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

Why has Nintendo not sold some adapter where it has a rail for attaching a joycon and the wiimote port so you can plug in Wii controllers?

why would anyone want that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

why would anyone want that

Because some time, in the next decade, they will release the virtual console. Then you can play games with that nes pad they released, or the new super Nintendo pad.

• Locked thread