Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

So nothing. Got it.

correct. trump hasn't done anything because he would need an executive order and doesn't care, pence because he's veep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Stexils posted:

i don't think trump is anti-gay, i think he doesn't care. meaning that if the house and senate pass a bill that, i dunno, redefines hate crimes to make it easier to assault gay people without getting charged with that, i don't think trump would care enough to veto it. he's not going to make a speech blasting the gay community but he's not going to lift a finger to help them either. which is mostly materially the same as clinton since with a republican house/senate her hands would be mostly tied. the reason i think this is because many of his cabinet picks and pence have histories of being anti-lgbt and it obviously didn't matter enough for him to pick someone else. i think this is a lot more relevant to his current positions than years old articles.

pence on the other hand is largely powerless right now, so i don't think he has any current plans. if trump gets impeached (looking more likely every day since idiot democrats seem to think it would hand them the next 4 years on a platter for some asinine reason) he's not going to be rounding up gay people into camps but he'll probably be strongly in favor of removing protections for them in the workplace at the very least. im sure hes drooling at the thought of possibly getting a supreme court justice who would undo the gay marraige ruling.

You are fake news.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

thanks for the input prorat.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
...is it looking more and more like trump will get impeached? how the gently caress are the dems going to pull that off when the republicans control both legislatures? does anyone think the republicans would be stupid enough to damage their brand by impeaching one of their own, even if they hate him? wouldn't impeaching him make pence president which would be worse because then the republicans can just have a field day of passing their heinous poo poo without fearing the condemnation of being associated with trump?

i thought the russia stuff was mostly blowing over since there is no hard evidence connecting trump to russia. its the democrats benghazi. sure, maybe some questionable stuff happened, but lol if you think its going to bring someone powerful down

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
If Trump wasn't willing to flip his position on gays during the campaign, when he actually needed to hoodwink the base, then it's less likely he would do it now. It's a move that would only benefit the democrat base at this point, when republicans are aware they might face a backlash in the next midterms and are laser-focused on other, more terrible things.

I'm only confident that the GOP congress won't revoke hate crime protections because they would sooner burn 100% of their political capital on ramming through a long list of tax and spending cuts. Their next priority would be deregulation, followed by nationwide concealed carry and pro-choice legislation. It's all their donors care about, it's all the Koch network cares about, and every GOP strategist is aware that anti-gay legislation is a platform that only shrinks in popularity with each passing year.

Outlawing gay marriage was an actual winning platform in 2004, and the republican-controlled federal government still couldn't be bothered to do it.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I have you know that's not what Facebook says about it, and that many people can't be wrong

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

RaySmuckles posted:

...is it looking more and more like trump will get impeached? how the gently caress are the dems going to pull that off when the republicans control both legislatures? does anyone think the republicans would be stupid enough to damage their brand by impeaching one of their own, even if they hate him? wouldn't impeaching him make pence president which would be worse because then the republicans can just have a field day of passing their heinous poo poo without fearing the condemnation of being associated with trump?

i thought the russia stuff was mostly blowing over since there is no hard evidence connecting trump to russia. its the democrats benghazi. sure, maybe some questionable stuff happened, but lol if you think its going to bring someone powerful down

Wait, what on Earth would Trump be impeached for? Did he get a blowjob?

je1 healthcare posted:

If Trump wasn't willing to flip his position on gays during the campaign, when he actually needed to hoodwink the base, then it's less likely he would do it now. It's a move that would only benefit the democrat base at this point, when republicans are aware they might face a backlash in the next midterms and are laser-focused on other, more terrible things.

IDK. 30% of the Democrats are still against gay marriage so maybe he could get them to become Republicans.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Wait, what on Earth would Trump be impeached for? Did he get a blowjob?

IDK. 30% of the Democrats are still against gay marriage so maybe he could get them to become Republicans.

stexils brought it up and i was just making sure we're all still in touch with reality

attacking gay marriage doesn't sound like a politically valuable thing to act upon. it has high risk and low reward. better to just focus on the important stuff: economic issues for the donor class

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the worst case scenario is he installs more conservatives to the SC and then they make it a states rights thing, in which case we can go back to the ol' tried and true "what the gently caress Alabama?"

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

And 30% of republicans are in support of it, and more are becoming indifferent. Karl Rove managed to use the specter of gay marriage to help re-elect Bush in 2004, when anti-gay policies were twice as popular. It was an empty promise back then and now the GOP can't be bothered with the empty promise aspect anymore. The worst we'll get is them heel-digging on whether gender reassignment surgery becomes an insurance mandate, and both parties want transgender issues to remain a state issue

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

je1 healthcare posted:

And 30% of republicans are in support of it, and more are becoming indifferent. Karl Rove managed to use the specter of gay marriage to help re-elect Bush in 2004, when anti-gay policies were twice as popular. It was an empty promise back then and now the GOP can't be bothered with the empty promise aspect anymore. The worst we'll get is them heel-digging on whether gender reassignment surgery becomes an insurance mandate, and both parties want transgender issues to remain a state issue

Actually the republicans are closer to 50% in support of it.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ehhhhg heh heh heh heh

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I remember when restricting abortion was an empty promise

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

RaySmuckles posted:

i literally saw a bumper sticker today that said HILLARY LIED, AMERICANS DIED

it's not his benghazi because people are going to forget about it in like, a year. its already been a year and even the most stalwart blueshare reader is straining to justify it's legitimacy and how it could take trump down while spraying cogs and sparks all over the place

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nigga crab pollock posted:

i literally saw a bumper sticker today that said HILLARY LIED, AMERICANS DIED

it's not his benghazi because people are going to forget about it in like, a year. its already been a year and even the most stalwart blueshare reader is straining to justify it's legitimacy and how it could take trump down while spraying cogs and sparks all over the place

Ya I still actually care about Benghazi. Vilerat is still dead. Rip.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

solar energy panel posted:

What fell out of her pantleg? Was it a fossilized turd?

discounting pretty much everything on the snopes page that asserts it is no big deal so please avert your eyes, the size and material is line with the hinge for a leg brace which fits what podesta said about her being unable to climb steps. its that or a dildo slipping out of her pussy

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

soy posted:

Ya I still actually care about Benghazi. Vilerat is still dead. Rip.

it is extremely hilarious that the state department under hilldawg was ignorant of the security risks to the embassy and the shady dealings going on around it despite a bunch of goons in a jabber chatroom for Eve Online having known all that poo poo for weeks

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nigga crab pollock posted:

it is extremely hilarious that the state department under hilldawg was ignorant of the security risks to the embassy and the shady dealings going on around it despite a bunch of goons in a jabber chatroom for Eve Online having known all that poo poo for weeks

She wouldn't have given a poo poo she was just there to kill time until she got to be president. Thankfully that will never ever happen.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the attackers probably saved more lives than they took by storming the embassy in benghazi, because by doing so they temporarily disrupted the flow of arms to syria

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
vilerat died so bana could live

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

RaySmuckles posted:

It's taken his National Security Adviser down, and it may take Sessions down as well. That would be an extremely good outcome. Jared may also be screwed Plus it's stymying his legislative agenda, which is also good.

I doubt Trump will be impeached, even if the Dems take the House in 2018, but if it makes it harder for him to cut Medicaid or remove any more banking regulations, it's a positive thing IMO. The most likely thing they'll find about Trump is that he's mobbed up, quelle surprise.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

paul_soccer10 posted:

the attackers probably saved more lives than they took by storming the embassy in benghazi, because by doing so they temporarily disrupted the flow of arms to syria

Bullshit, we all know it was really a hit from a rival eve corp because vilerat got caught trying to infiltrate their inner circle

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

paul_soccer10 posted:

vilerat died so bana could live

Jim from The Office played Vilerat in that movie.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

was viletat in the movie

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Fair question. Trump was pro-gay marriage back before even Obama/Clinton were. He gave no fucks, he wrote an entire blog on it and publicly said lots of good things about Elton John, and his partner. He's been very openly supportive of gay people for a long time and I think it's personal and not some focus group testing thing.

Now I've got a question for you. If Trump/Pence are so anti-gay what have they done since taking office that is anti gay? What anti gay plans do you think they have?

I found the paragraph in art of the deal where he noted his longtime lawyer was well known as being a gay man but was also really anti-gay rights because he was so afraid of being seen as not masculine as being silly and sad to Trump and trump being like jeez man who cares if you're gay

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I mean as opposed to Hillary "I hate fags until it becomes politically inconvenient" Clinton

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Gazpacho posted:

I remember when restricting abortion was an empty promise

When was that?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

I know we're talking about this dumb election book, but I like to think that in our lifetimes, we'll get a real tell-all book.

I still can't believe a few of my gay friends, who are the hillary supporters you're describing, still say they're afraid of Trump literally sending goons to come round them up. I mean, it was stupid as hell the day after the election, but any objective look at Trump paints a better picture of someone who supports gay rights when put up against Hillary.

I suck a ton of cock, like just by experience and number of encounters I'm extremely gay, and I haven't noticed a loving single change since trump has been elected. I live in a place that you're more likely to be a victim of a hate crime if you live an openly queer lifestyle and loving nothing has changed.

I'm not asking anyone to take my anecdote for evidence but people who seriously think the reign of the trumpenreich spells the beginning of gays in camps and klan-like organizations terrorizing minorities with impunity, are stupid insane idiots who have begun to sincerely believe the hyperbole they so love to spew all over the internet.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

basic hitler posted:

I suck a ton of cock, like just by experience and number of encounters I'm extremely gay, and I haven't noticed a loving single change since trump has been elected. I live in a place that you're more likely to be a victim of a hate crime if you live an openly queer lifestyle and loving nothing has changed.

I'm not asking anyone to take my anecdote for evidence but people who seriously think the reign of the trumpenreich spells the beginning of gays in camps and klan-like organizations terrorizing minorities with impunity, are stupid insane idiots who have begun to sincerely believe the hyperbole they so love to spew all over the internet.

I've been coming out of my closet,
and I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta get out
Cuz I'm gay as hell

Seriously though, I too am OK so far and I hope we all remain so going into an uncertain future.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Its funny that Trump was neither Homophobic or racist until he decided to run as a republican.

Not too long ago he was good friends with the Clintons and Al Sharpton, but as soon as he decided to run for office hes labled as a homophobic, racist mysoginist thats going to put people in camps.

:sad:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Majorian posted:

Jim from The Office played Vilerat in that movie.

Nah, it was Christopher Dingli.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I thought viletat was confirmed to be a hoax by another mod or front page writer

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

JB50 posted:

Its funny that Trump was neither Homophobic or racist until he decided to run as a republican.

Not too long ago he was good friends with the Clintons and Al Sharpton, but as soon as he decided to run for office hes labled as a homophobic, racist mysoginist thats going to put people in camps.

:sad:

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Also, something something hammer my tool, hehe

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Toadvine posted:

I thought viletat was confirmed to be a hoax by another mod or front page writer

pretty sure that was a deflection because he would get driven out of lf in tears on the reg

same as when groverhaus was still probatable even after grover was demodded

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
groverhaus should never be probatable wtf

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
someone post the grover Iraq War predictions

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Toadvine posted:

nah it's real, posting it was bannable in the old days and vilerat tried to get everyone who initially circulated it removed from the eve online group (eve goons leaked it)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I don't understand how Grover could have worked for the government and had such a high opinion of it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

rezatahs posted:

pretty sure that was a deflection because he would get driven out of lf in tears on the reg

same as when groverhaus was still probatable even after grover was demodded

basic hitler posted:

nah it's real, posting it was bannable in the old days and vilerat tried to get everyone who initially circulated it removed from the eve online group (eve goons leaked it)

Im referring to this btw:

Farewell to Vilerat

Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons (@sexyfacts4u) posted:

His humor occasionally took the form of elaborate pranks, sometimes played on rival EVE gamers, and sometimes played on everyone. Vilerat once created a tattoo featuring the lightning bolts of his much-beloved Chargers combined with the image of an armless dragon. His pals good-naturedly ribbed him about it and people who hated him posted it on our forums to try to make him angry. Curiously, whenever anyone met him in person and asked to see the infamous tattoo he would get a smirk on his face and politely refuse.

It's almost as if he never had the tattoo at all.

Would zack really do that? just lie in a dead goons obituary??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Stexils posted:

i dont think he actively hurt her except through opportunity cost. it was a prime opportunity to throw the left a bone and she passed it up for wonderbread.

you should go watch the kaine pence debate it was hilarious, you could be a marxist 4th grade art teacher and admit that tim kaine was not a good choice just from hearing him speak for thirty seconds, before i can even type 'dnc' you can just hear a guy who lacks the public speaking skills needed to lie to the american people in the way that they like to be lied to

• Locked thread