Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
On the wb teams we use my list is most likely NOT helpful to new players as i whaled but:
Strange + meh
Sharon + quasi okay person just in case
Phoenix + i win no matter who
Magneto/cyclops + trash
Wolverine + whoever

If any team struggles enchantress is a easy win as well
WB i don't mess with what works as i experiment a lot in shadow lands

With the sinister 6 coming I'm actually holding off of pushing to tier 2 a few people, hellstorm & elsa depending on how range goes, until we see them. I didn't think there were spiderman villains i wanted but i was painfully wrong.
Want to have gold to get some skills and gears up immediately

I will most likely t2 sandman immediately. Maybe mech vulture too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i do want to see how they represent movie Vulture in the game. his wingspan in the movie is loving HUGE

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

i do want to see how they represent movie Vulture in the game. his wingspan in the movie is loving HUGE

Owns. Everything owns. Mysterio and Michael Keaton? Yes please.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I got the Floki and the Elsa Monsters Unleashed uniforms. I have enough crystals for one more. I'm leaning towards Dr Strange.

Sharog and Iron Fist have their uni's. Cap and Black Widow have the Age of Ultron uniforms. I don't really have anyone else at a high enough rank or level.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

lmao yes buy strange's uniform you dork

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

stranges uniform is the best in the game full stop. after that its probably sharon and iron fists netflix ones

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I used my first-costume-purchase discount to buy Punisher's "Noir" uniform because I'm a dork and I liked being able to identify who the portrait belonged to, instead of just seeing the face of some ugly dude. Did I gently caress up?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

no just buy more uniforms my friend

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Ramadu posted:

Hooray!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ramadu posted:

This. Enjoy!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kumbo and abigfatbunny, please go ahead and join Marble Hebrons. Anybody else who needs a spot, let me know.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Wizchine posted:

I used my first-costume-purchase discount to buy Punisher's "Noir" uniform because I'm a dork and I liked being able to identify who the portrait belonged to, instead of just seeing the face of some ugly dude. Did I gently caress up?

I thought his Netflix costume (which is probs as close as we're gonna get to a Punisher Max costume) made him like combat top tier or whatever. That true?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

C. Everett Koop posted:

I thought his Netflix costume (which is probs as close as we're gonna get to a Punisher Max costume) made him like combat top tier or whatever. That true?

No.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

thechalkoutline posted:

lmao yes buy strange's uniform you dork

I probably have like a decade before I can complete the Dr. Strange questline, is the uniform worth buying before maxing him? I have Sharon aka The One True Captain America plus Lady Loki and Elsa and my waifu Space Gamora already. Have enough for one costume.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Differo Cathedra posted:

I probably have like a decade before I can complete the Dr. Strange questline, is the uniform worth buying before maxing him? I have Sharon aka The One True Captain America plus Lady Loki and Elsa and my waifu Space Gamora already. Have enough for one costume.

Yeah. It's the best uniform in the game, really no wiser way to spend 750 crystals.

It lets you beat everything in the game.

It's hard to stress how good Dr. Strange is when he's finished. It's like if you're playing Mario 3, and you've got Mario and Luigi but then there's a 3rd unlockable character named Giuseppe who has a permanent Star and P-Wing.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 28, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I spent like 6 months living off of the God strength of Sharon Rogers and beasting of Lady Loki and then I got Strange and he made Sharon int an afterthought and Loki a chump.

But you can't buy costumes because you're saving for Magneto, Goat. Will power. Save.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Bought the Netflix Iron Fist costume as (sort of) recommended in this thread.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its highly recommended. Iron Fist is my #3 behind Strange and Sharon.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Iron Fist, White Tiger, and Captain America are my only rank-6 characters at the moment, so it was well worth it for me. Captain America is sporting the Age of Ultron costume (that I think came for free), so I think the Civil War costume should be on my to-do list (now that I've already wasted power ups on the other costume).

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

We need a costume tier/priority list. Someone who's spent money on the game make one tia.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

We need a costume tier/priority list. Someone who's spent money on the game make one tia.

lol I was just going to ask if there was one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Guess so!

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/6jv7c9/uniforms_guide_uniforms_that_are_worth_buying/

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

This is a very good guide and I agree with basically all of it, although I think the Ghost Rider and Ronan unis should be higher. And I think Gwenpool's uni should be at the top rank.

A big thing with uniforms is "can crystals turn this useless character into someone USEFUL" and for Ghost Rider and Ronan that's true.

Otherwise this is a good guide. Even the things that are labeled as "low" still merit being on the list for consideration.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wizchine posted:

Iron Fist, White Tiger, and Captain America are my only rank-6 characters at the moment, so it was well worth it for me. Captain America is sporting the Age of Ultron costume (that I think came for free), so I think the Civil War costume should be on my to-do list (now that I've already wasted power ups on the other costume).

As a heads up that team can clear stage 1 of Shadowlands to give you some more weekly BAM and chaos norns

goons tell me if im missing any of the good uniforms left

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I feel like you should automatically get a legendary or mythic chest when you do this

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you should get banned for hacking obviously

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Kumbo and abigfatbunny, please go ahead and join Marble Hebrons. Anybody else who needs a spot, let me know.

Hooray now i get to try and figure what the gently caress is going on because i'm WAAAAY behind on drat near all this poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ramadu posted:

As a heads up that team can clear stage 1 of Shadowlands to give you some more weekly BAM and chaos norns

What VIP level are you?

Also this will do pig, this will do

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:
Hi cool great to be back but I've been told I made catastrophically bad decisions and I should either 1) kill self or 2) reset progress.

I chose 2. Can you please boot Theralexx or whatever from Marble Hebrons and accept my brand new account TheraSA thanks.

Now with this new one I have 1 character unlock, a six star unlock, 40 bios and the 20 a day for 60 more. We will do this right this time - I'm gonna beat a world boss!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5r10yl/the_beginners_questionnaire_to_marvel_future_fight/

Used this guide when i restarted and only tweaked a thing or 2 personally

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ramadu posted:

Biggest one I see is the new Gwenpool uniform, it's an absurd boost to her healing. Sif uniform is good also but mostly just lets her solo one of the early Shadowlands stages, not that important.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Ramadu posted:

Black Bolt in a tux is nice for the damage boost. Gwenpool's supercharges her healing, and Winter Soldier's Cap uni gives some good boosts to Hobo Fist, Elsa Zombies, Strange and Car Rider when you get around to upgrading them.

edit : yeh, Sif takes her from trash to pretty good. I can solo one of the late teens fire relays with her at T2 and Hellstorm leadership.

Cool Kids Club Soda fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 28, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Managed a SL clear last night that wasn't quite with relative ease, but gives me enough hope that I should be able to clear each week unless poo poo goes horribly wrong. I came close this time around, was hoping to save Floki for the Floor 22 villains stage but had to burn her in the late teens when every option was villains. Really can't wait until I get either Thanos or Dormmy fully juiced up, both are 55/5* and while I've enough enough BAM to put either at 6* right now I've got to keep enough BAM on hand to deal with the Wolverine quest. At least once I'm done with that I've got another T2 Combat with Snikt Bubs that'll help at ton. Having MagnetMan helps too; I was able to solo the Destroyer boss in the early teens with a 60/6* but only two mastery and minimal attention spent on skills.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

It's been oft repeated, but remember that really the key to clearing SL once you have the roster is to know who you're using for floors 21-25, because they are static and the difficulty (both their health pools, their dodge rates, and the damage they deal) ramps up exponentially.

I won't list out guys cause there are a LOT of people that can do these floors, but here are the general requirements:

21: Venom does a lot of guard breaking, save malekith or similar for lead, save S tier blast/universal, or have said S tier guy with ITGB obo
22: Save an S tier villain
23: Save an S tier blast/universal
24: High dodge rate, either lead S tier blast/universal with ignore dodge (bullseye, et al.) or I highly recommend soloing with Proxima, she has a rare ignore dodge lead and you get the most value out of this floor since she isn't super great at SL
25: Save an S tier universal/combat

By save I mean you should be saving someone you know can do it, ie someone you've done it with, not just some rando you think. Great example is Enchantress is practically S tier for all of SL, but really doesn't have the DPS to pull off any of these floors, though she won't die.

For this reason sometimes it's good to test out new guys on those floors if you can, so you know who else is an option to save for that floor.

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 28, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

What alternate universe are you living in where Proxima isn't great at SL? She gives me easier clears on literally any eligible stage than any of the other Black Order guys, and I have the entire Black Order at 6/6/60

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

What alternate universe are you living in where Proxima isn't great at SL? She gives me easier clears on literally any eligible stage than any of the other Black Order guys, and I have the entire Black Order at 6/6/60

Proxima requires effort in SL, she's a glass cannon; I believe you can do floors with her, so can I

She's still poo poo for SL considering how long she takes to get, I'm not one of those get-Prox-first people so ymmv, we have argued over this before; I don't think proxima is all that good in the current meta, I hardly ever look to her for anything, TL, BW, SL, WB, anything

edit: hell I dont even use her as a striker in wb lmao, garbo

and even if she can do every floor, all Im trying to say is tyou get the most value out of that super high floor anyhow, she can solo it

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 28, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

She's still one of my most used characters in World Boss, Battleworld, and Shadowlands, and she's still one of my top 3 or 4 WB strikers in terms of damage output. She's not very good in Timeline though yeah.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I usually use Strange, Sharon, Carnage, or Dormammu for floor 24 myself. On most weeks I use Proxima on floor 22 and she doesn't even take a hit because she stunlocks the heck outta those bitches

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Triple Post all the Black Order dudes can do a job and they're all solid characters but none of them are really meta anymore imho. The power of Strange, new uniform Sharon, Dormammu, etc has creeped them good. Black Dwarf is probably the worst native T2 in the game right now. He's still decent but his whole gimmick is physical and the meta is still energy based despite Wolverine being added.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm with you, I've got the back-end figured out (almost) and the front end figured out, it's just getting there with all off the random stages. My plan:

1: T1 Cap solo, I've got to save my T2 tickets for the X-Men to get Jean Greezy so this'll be the case for a while.
2: Blast rumble, T1 Lash/Linkin Campbell/55 5* Crystal. This either goes really well or takes forever, depending if I can keep everyone together since Crystal locks them down. Lash is maxed out but that's a whatever and Lincoln is lightning based and along for the ride. I could swap in Storm once she's worth a drat but this team works and doesn't use anyone I'd want to use later.
3-late teens: depends, I've got Thor/Ghost Rider for universal Relays, Elsa/Silk for speed relays, Moon King for a combat relay, Wiccan can solo an early blast relay (and I can boost him with Hulkling/Vision if necessary), Karl dominates a Destroyer boss, Gwen/Hawkgal can beat the Racon, Capt Marvel can beat either Floki or the women's relay, Mantis dominates a Hulk rumble, Dormmy/Black Order can beat villains stages. I've got the pieces I just need to put them together and I only run into trouble when I get poo poo floor draws and have to burn through too many of one class at a time.
21: Yellowjacket tears apart Venom, last run I was able to use Songbird because the Iron Fist boss fight never showed up, which ended up being a good thing.
22: I don't have a proper S tier villain yet so Strange goes here since he breaks all the rules. Once Thanos/Dormmy's ready to go they'll get slotted here; I'd like to maybe use either Floki or Proxima but I always end up needing them earlier.
23: I'd go Strange here if I could save him but that hasn't been the case. I went with a nearly maxed 57/6* Odin last run and whooooo boy that didn't work, JJ/Shulk are so drat fast and don't respect the Odinshield. I ended up beating it with Odin/Wiccan/YJ but that had the potential to be a run stopper. I might save Sharog for this stage and burn Odin earlier, which says a lot about how OP Sharog is.
24: Ebony Maw with Crossboner/Racist Skull as backup. Nova Force locks Luke down and Ebony drops his 4/5 skills for damage. Fairly easy unless Luke gets a stun in and is able to go to down but I've got this stage figured out.
25: Iron Fist with Luke/someone else backup. I always though that IF/Luke/JJ had a trio teamup but they don't for some reason. Either way, it's Irony Fist here although once Wolverine's maxed he might be able to solo this.