Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

No wonder he's mad. How dare she!

Where did you get that, by the way? CK doesn't carry the Sundays, but I often think you miss a lot by not including them in these storylines, such as here in this one.

I was really curious about what happened between Saturday and Sunday's strip, so I googled "Bart and Millie Apt 3-5" and it popped up on a blog. I didn't find any regular sources, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

[BUZZWORD] =/= [PUNCHLINE]

Do you really think Dustin's dad doesn't call everything he dislikes 'fake news'?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I can't imagine many other cartoonists lampooning their own style like this. Delightful and clever.

Rina Piccolo is the best. Sniff.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Johnny Walker posted:

Where did you get that, by the way? CK doesn't carry the Sundays, but I often think you miss a lot by not including them in these storylines, such as here in this one.

What's the year on these? I can check Google Newspapers - but even there Sundays are hard to find.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Slammy posted:

What's the year on these? I can check Google Newspapers - but even there Sundays are hard to find.
The current storyline is from July 1971. I don't have any idea how to find comics that way, but if you find a source maybe I can work with it.

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

Transmodiar posted:

I don't know what browser you use, but the images automatically rescale to fit my window when I'm in Chrome. I just assumed it did that for every browser.

I'm not going to shrink the images; it's a hassle and there are probably an equal number of people who would just want the full-size editions. But you can read them at a resolution that's right for you - and in total! - on my imgur account:

http://transmodiar.imgur.com/

I do two pages a day (when I remember) because that allows for roughly two stories a month. There's still enough stories to take us through 2018, so we won't be running out any time soon. :)

Plus, I like to read a larger batch. I read them when I post 'em, so I don't know any more than you do when they go up.

Glad everyone likes. I'll front-load a few more episodes this week and return with new adventures soon.

Another vote for Modesty, and thanks for posting it, and a request that you please warn us when you begin the last story, as I do know the ending to it and I'd rather not have it sneak up on me, please?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Your cat can lip sync, Jon. That's still impressive.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Zits

Reply All

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Died. (September, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (December, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs. (October, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (October, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (September, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (March, 1941)

Archie (February, 1956, click for big)

Tweedy (August, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (November, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (January, 1972, click for big)

Dick Tracy (October, 2001, click for big)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (December, 1916)

Missed opportunity for True to go Lizzie Borden on this woman.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
B.C.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

random Wallace

Curtis

Baby Blues

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Mother From Another Country

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The way Mother From Another Country recontextualises foreignness is quietly reassuring to me.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

I really don't like this guy.

I wonder if he's ever going to get called out for being an emotionally abusive dickweed, or if everybody's just going to be like, "He sure is tough on her. He just doesn't know how to express how much he loves her! lol the 60's!"

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So there was a discussion in the general thread about the first superhero, and I learned about [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Hercules]Hugo Hercules[/urll], which ran in the Chicago Tribune for all of five months starting September 1902. Anyone know of anywhere these might be found short of hitting up some library microfiche?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is rotting from the inside out.

Working Daze is on cruise control.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is an involved task.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Baldo engaging in some subtle racial discourse I see

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm not sure it's subtle. I think the old guy is accusing him of being an illegal immigrant due to his ethnicity. I think I'll need to see the rest of the week's comics to be sure though.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

CommaToes posted:

I'm not sure it's subtle. I think the old guy is accusing him of being an illegal immigrant due to his ethnicity. I think I'll need to see the rest of the week's comics to be sure though.

Oh, my god - Is that what's going on? Let's meet up back here in six months for discourse, IF YOU CAN SPEAK ENGLISH AND HAVEN'T BEEN DEPORTED YET.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I need to see what happens when Ted Forth meets Stephen Colbert, stat.

kidcoelacanth posted:

(I now want to see Curtis do a strip where Curtis has to deal with a racist old fart just to piss this person off.)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Having a rail system in your house would make carrying things easier.

The comic about racism is not a new thing for Baldo. I think there's a recurring white supremacist character too.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Good morning! Life just shat in my bed, so here are comics.

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 1, 1995)

Garfield Classic (July 1, 1985)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Your cat can lip sync, Jon. That's still impressive.

I had my doubts for a while, but yeah, I have come to like old Garfield. The artistry is pretty much unimpeachable, and when a joke lands, it's good.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

This is all undercut by the fact that she would have recognized the voice immediately., but oh well.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Selachian posted:

(I now want to see Curtis do a strip where Curtis has to deal with a racist old fart just to piss this person off.)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

"Seriously, would you want him back?"

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Pastry of the Year posted:

This is all undercut by the fact that she would have recognized the voice immediately., but oh well.
No, you see, his throat is dry and scratchy, therefore his voice is completely unrecognizeable :downs:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Selachian posted:

I think LynnWoolley is the guy in the comic strip. Look at that profile pic.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Endless Mike posted:

So there was a discussion in the general thread about the first superhero, and I learned about Hugo Hercules, which ran in the Chicago Tribune for all of five months starting September 1902. Anyone know of anywhere these might be found short of hitting up some library microfiche?

Looks like the Tribune have their archives pretty well scanned and available to the public.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's a sad statement of our species that "racism is bad" is considered a "political statement" as opposed to a given.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Angular Cyrus posted:

Looks like the Tribune have their archives pretty well scanned and available to the public.

Weird, I was looking there and couldn't find it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anybody wants to pick up my regulars til Monday/Tuesday, feel free. I'm headed off for vacation.
You KNOW you want to see the exciting storyline conclusions.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

:bahgawd:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

This guy's pie gag is so loving bad.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

“URGENT: Nobody eat that hair follicle of George III in the lab fridge!“

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Haifisch posted:

Flash Gordon

"King Features Comic Art Dept is Dead?" Is this like a "Trapped in fortune cookie factory, send help" message?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

• Locked thread