Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yup being actually dehydrated is loving scary.

Yeah your body doesn't gently caress around when it comes to stuff like this. It's not like chakras being out of alignment, it's like drowning in slow-mo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yup being actually dehydrated is loving scary.

a lack of salts sucks too. makes me angry that basic electrolyte mix is so pricey since while gatorade mix also does the trick when you've been working outside all day all that sugar just tastes gross to be honest.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i eatr food

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

just drink your own piss

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-Euro posted:

My employer has been providing lunches to my site for the past six months and it's maybe the #1 reason why I haven't quit even though I really dislike my job. Definitely top 3 at least.

I work with a lot of business grad students and the #1 bit of advice I give them for managing their IT departments under heavy load is to provide them with lots of food

We are uncomplicated people, and our price is low

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm kevin coster in waterworld

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zuck Will Win

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Agronox posted:

It's not a bad thing you're doing, but past a certain salary level you just start to look like a rear end in a top hat. You don't want to get a reputation as the office raccoon.

Where I work they throw out more food than they eat. And I know the kitchen staff from having to stay out for more than a few cross national events because "something may happen, what will they do if IT isn't there and something happens!". So I just steal straight from the kitchen after the events rather than doing it in public. Pretty much all of IT, office services, support service, and admin assistants are allowed to do this and encouraged to. poo poo several partners will deliberately order extra food and then haul it down to IT for us after their events just to be nice.

I don't raid anything I don't have permission to raid. And getting a phone call of "hey, we still got like a rack of lamb and some potatoes we need to throw out, you want to haul it down to IT" isn't rare.

At some places they actively try to get people to eat the stuff. It's perfectly good and really high end food. And just chucking it because "legal reasons" is sort of a gigantic waste when you could just give it away.

Just don't vulture food that's still laid out, and for love of god not from meetings in progress. Wait for that poo poo to be returned to the kitchen and go up and grab a plate.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep

also it mixes it up so I'm not just eating leftovers from the previous night's dinner every day

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agean90 posted:

a lack of salts sucks too. makes me angry that basic electrolyte mix is so pricey since while gatorade mix also does the trick when you've been working outside all day all that sugar just tastes gross to be honest.

Look up the basic recipe the WHO recommends and just make that, flavored with water bottle packets as needed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pictures of Zuck Looking At Things

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

Pictures of Zuck Looking At Things

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Blacks For Trump is real

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zuckzuckzuckzuckzuckuckuckuczkUZczkuzuCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZUCKZCUZCKZUCKZUCZKCZUKCZZUCKZCUZKCZCUZCKZCUZCKZCUZCJZUCKZCUZCKZCUZCKZCZCUZUCZCKZCUKZUCK

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i like how after all the success and exposure zuck still stays true to his roots by having a lovely nerd haircut

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Handed Missus posted:

Blacks For Trump is real

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

(((mark))) zuckerberg

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

never trusted a mark, never will

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'd like him more if he had Lennie Small style retard strength.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

this is more Curb Your Enthusiasm than Curb your Enthusiasm itself

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
can't cuck the zuck

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

"the dems are doomed"

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Mark's website got Trump elected in 2016 and Mark himself will get Trump elected in 2020 lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

tacodaemon posted:

lol check out hugh hewitt's idea of fearmongering

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/879834236781572096

oh... no?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

like doesnt his wife or some spin doctor or some savvy media guy or his mom or anyone else point out to zuck that his haircut is awful in all these years by now

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ekster posted:

"the dems are doomed"

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Epic High Five posted:

I work with a lot of business grad students and the #1 bit of advice I give them for managing their IT departments under heavy load is to provide them with lots of food

I had a feeling you were IT given our similar eating habits.

I've yet to be at a (good) place to work that didn't actively encourage funneling left over food to the IT department as a sort of peace offering. It does amazing things to make up for all the crazy hours and make peace.

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender

Buttigieg

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Agean90 posted:

Pedialyte.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ekster posted:

"the dems are doomed"

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/politicalwire/status/879897392832811009

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

papersack posted:

Pedialyte.

pickle juice

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

papersack posted:

Pedialyte.

I toss a bit of a salt packet and one of those all lemon packets in my liter sized glass water bottle I keep at work. Does the job.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

papersack posted:

Pedialyte.

v. good for when you have norovirus and barf / poop all your bodies needs out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mark has spent christ knows how much money on this consulting firm to make him likeable and ready to run for politics and no one has suggested that he lose some goddamn weight

he's a b cup

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I will vote for Donald J. Trump before I get cucked by zuck

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I DO NOT REQUIRE EYE PROTECTION, I WISH TO MARVEL IN THE LUMINOSITY OF THE BOMB

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

mark has spent christ knows how much money on this consulting firm to make him likeable and ready to run for politics and no one has suggested that he lose some goddamn weight

he's a b cup

Liberals aren't allowed to fat shame other liberals!

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Lord of Pie posted:

Mnuchin gonna get fired for having a younger wife than Trump

He's going to claim Prima Nocta.

• Locked thread