Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AP posted:

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration's top environmental official met privately with the chief executive of Dow Chemical shortly before reversing his agency's push to ban a widely used pesticide after health studies showed it can harm children's brains, according to records obtained by The Associated Press.

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt's schedule shows he met with Dow CEO Andrew Liveris on March 9 for about a half hour at a Houston hotel. Both men were featured speakers at an energy industry conference.

Twenty days later Pruitt announced his decision to deny a petition to ban Dow's chlorpyrifos pesticide from being sprayed on food, despite a review by his agency's scientists that concluded ingesting even minuscule amounts of the chemical can interfere with the brain development of fetuses and infants.

quote:

Dow, which spent more than $13.6 million on lobbying in 2016, has long wielded substantial political power in the nation's capital.

When President Donald Trump signed an executive order in February mandating the creation of task forces at federal agencies to roll back government regulations, he handed the pen to Dow's chief executive, who was standing at his side. Liveris heads a White House manufacturing working group. His company also wrote a $1 million check to help underwrite Trump's inaugural festivities.

quote:

The American Academy of Pediatrics urged Pruitt on Tuesday to take chlorpyrifos off the market. The group representing more than 66,000 pediatricians and pediatric surgeons said it is "deeply alarmed" by Pruitt's decision to allow the pesticide's continued use.

"There is a wealth of science demonstrating the detrimental effects of chlorpyrifos exposure to developing fetuses, infants, children, and pregnant women," the academy said in a letter to Pruitt. "The risk to infant and children's health and development is unambiguous."

The AP reported in April that Dow is also lobbying the Trump administration to "set aside" the findings of federal scientists that organophosphate pesticides, including chlorpyrifos, are harmful to about 1,800 critically threatened or endangered species.

The chemical is similar to one developed as a weapon in World War II. Dow has been selling Chlorpyrifos for spraying on citrus fruits, apples, cherries and other crops since the 1960s. It is among the most widely used agricultural pesticides in the United States. Dow sells about 5 million pounds domestically each year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Looks like someone just got TRUMPED
:smugdon:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Ckwiesr posted:

He's going to claim Prima Nocta.

p sure someone is

that and many other nocta

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

"the trump cannot be controlled!"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

drat dow just loves bein evil

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:same:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Weeping Wound posted:

Pictures of Zuck Looking At Things

, gentle reminders that people are not "things"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

who is this ghoulish guy always following mcconnell around

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Ekster posted:

"the trump cannot be controlled!"

*stares at pence, weighing his options *

*contemplates horse related issues*

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Dearest Trump thread

I would like to inform you that drinking a can of tonic water mixed 1:1 with gin is a great way to get extremely, radically hosed up. Not saying this for any particular reason related to my current circumstances. Just thought I'd point it out. Mixing one part gin with one part tonic water is an excellent method of becoming completely plastered. Drinking 355 millilitres of hard liquor will definitely get the job done, so to speak.

Yours always,

Constant Hamprince

PS Trump Doctor Sex Cake

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

hello darkness my old friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Dearest Trump thread

I would like to inform you that drinking a can of tonic water mixed 1:1 with gin is a great way to get extremely, radically hosed up. Not saying this for any particular reason related to my current circumstances. Just thought I'd point it out. Mixing one part gin with one part tonic water is an excellent method of becoming completely plastered. Drinking 355 millilitres of hard liquor will definitely get the job done, so to speak.

Yours always,

Constant Hamprince

PS Trump Doctor Sex Cake

the fever tree elderflower tonic water is amazing dogg

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

trump wants to gently caress up more children's brains so baron will have other kids he gets along with

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
hours later:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

from the thumbnail I assumed this was a videogame cutscene

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Guy Goodbody posted:

from the thumbnail I assumed this was a videogame cutscene

Me too guys face looks phong shaded or sommat.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lol imagine trump trying to read a bedtime story

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has McConnell indicated anything about running again in 2020? He'll be I think 80 by that point and he'll have to actually hitch his wagon to Trump. I mean he'd win but that seems....not like how I'd like to spend my time if I get to 80.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

trump stole my chin

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

goddamnit you motherfuckers dont damage the battlefield

unironically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFkazjodpeQ

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MysteriousStranger posted:

Just don't vulture food that's still laid out, and for love of god not from meetings in progress. Wait for that poo poo to be returned to the kitchen and go up and grab a plate.

Oh, okay, well if everyone's doing it, cool. Free food is awesome. In college I did some (though not much) dumpster diving. No regrets.

Agean90 posted:

a lack of salts sucks too. makes me angry that basic electrolyte mix is so pricey since while gatorade mix also does the trick when you've been working outside all day all that sugar just tastes gross to be honest.

Lack of salts can be dire. After a particularly hard run one day most of my body was covered in sweat salts and my pulse and internal temperature declined. The doc told me I was lucky to have stayed conscious. Make sure you get electrolytes!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/879839882440585217

I can't belieb Sex Warrior Thrillersons is leading a loving crusade :eyepoop:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:pusheen:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol imagine trump trying to read

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what a great infrastructure weekk this was
i am feeling estatic and apprecfiative for the FURUTR

TRUMP! INFREASTRURE!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol imagine trump trying to read a bedtime story
dont he read from the same book bill cosby does

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Baloogan posted:

TRUMP! INFREASTRURE!

YOURE NOT IN AMERICA SO YOU CAN :frogout:FRASTRUCTURE!!!!!!!!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Baloogan posted:

TRUMP! INFREASTRURE!

ye

but how u liking energy week tho

ENERGY PERRY loving RULES :woop:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

:psyduck:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
when is trump going to decalre shark week

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mormonpartyboat posted:

when is trump going to decalre shark week

he doesn't have that power

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

TRUMP! INFREASTRURE!

making up for lost time, eh 'loogs?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

A Handed Missus posted:

ye

*high* energy week

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

I DO NOT REQUIRE EYE PROTECTION, I WISH TO MARVEL IN THE LUMINOSITY OF THE BOMB

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/879897164771622914

:aaaaa:

congrats, Lindsey!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

A Handed Missus posted:

ye

i still hate rick perry but he loving styled all over shehuck today and that made me really happy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Agronox posted:

making up for lost time, eh 'loogs?

im reading elliot you idiot's meltdown on twitter and lamoing that someone gets that caremad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Baloogan posted:

*high* energy week

now youre talkin

• Locked thread