Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Crowder is weird because I think his contract overvalues who he is. His contract is great but are you going to win a championship with him as a starter? And if he is a backup you're not getting the same value from that contract.

Zaza Pachulia
JR Smith
Mario Chalmers
DeShawn Stevenson

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Would a team that's roster was the worst starter from each championship team from the last 12 years make the playoffs in the East? Assume that player is as good as they were when they won the Finals.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 28, 2017

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Would a team that's roster was the worst starter from each championship team this decade make the playoffs in the East? Assume that player is as good as they were when they won the Finals.

there are some duplicates due to repeat champions but its probably looking like:

Mario Chalmers
DeShawn Stevenson
JR Smith
Zaza Pachulia
Tiago Splitter
Derek Fisher
Kendrick Perkins

So absolutely not

I think you'd have to go all the way back to the Pistons to get a worthwhile player

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Excuse me, but that's NBA Champion Earl JR "The Pipe" Smith to you all. :colbert:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Mario Chalmers was one of the best parts about those Heat teams.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

there are some duplicates due to repeat champions but its probably looking like:

Mario Chalmers
DeShawn Stevenson
JR Smith
Zaza Pachulia
Tiago Splitter
Derek Fisher
Kendrick Perkins

So absolutely not

I think you'd have to go all the way back to the Pistons to get a worthwhile player

Edited to go back 12 years. Assume the coach is Pop. For repeats just allow clones. That's a grim team and you're probably right that they wouldn't. Splitter might be the best on that team lol.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

You want Paul George to sign for free, so you can use the assets that would be used in a trade for him to dump salary so you can sign Lebron's max

I guess it depends if his cap hold would be less than the amount he'd sign for.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/gmaninfedland/status/879749592862076928

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/etnow/status/879816654292754437

Praise Be

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Boston can also just say "Nah, we'll take our picks and just aim for a 2022 contention instead" and then Pacers are left without anything. Indiana still has lots of leverage, but two first-round picks and no bad contracts is probably about right when it comes to value in this situation.

Niwrad posted:

I just think you need great to elite wings to win a championship, not above average ones. I think what you saw Lebron do to him in the Conference Finals is why it's tough.

Harrison Barnes & JR Smith are two recent starting wing players to get a ring. I think you can skirt by with "solid" and be fine as long as the rest of the team is good, and Boston in this situaiton is trying to put 4(ish) other all-stars around him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

She can't be without her main squeeze...

the money of course.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

I guess it depends if his cap hold would be less than the amount he'd sign for.

It wouldn't be, cap hold is 150% for him. The Curry Cap-hold loophole is because he is literally looking at an almost 300% pay increase. That's ridiculous for a guy looking at his 3rd contract.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

lol she was just out with Derek Fisher.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Looks like a slightly ethnic Lil Dicky. Hope he just got a tan and is making big plays.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that Kevin love ??

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spacebump posted:

lol she was just out with Derek Fisher.

It pains me to #actually. Because Fisher Jokes are amazing.

BET essentially ended up putting all of the "basketball" people together when doing seating at the BET awards.

Wouldn't doubt that Fisher shot a couple of shots tho.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I would marry a kardashian if it meant protecting our dwindling basketball resources from harm.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Up Circle posted:

I would marry a kardashian if it meant protecting our dwindling basketball resources from harm.

:toxx:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dexo posted:

It pains me to #actually. Because Fisher Jokes are amazing.

BET essentially ended up putting all of the "basketball" people together when doing seating at the BET awards.

Wouldn't doubt that Fisher shot a couple of shots tho.

Yeah she was at the BET awards with her son.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ennis no one thought that was you.

edit
or is that :thejoke:?

I can't keep up

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Wouldn't it benefit LA to get PG now as opposed to later for cap purposes? I'd imagine Indy has decent leverage since if you try to lowball too much Magic will counter

Not really, unless that Indiana is taking back one of the draft picks or Ingram. It is probably more polite than telling Nance and Randle to hit the bricks in 12 months to trade them now, though.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtZ7eXwT7o

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

A team won a Finals starting JJ Barea at the 2 so I think you can win a Finals starting Crowder.

And a nearly retired Shawn Marion at the 3, iirc.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jesus why https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879912914617946112

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

And a nearly retired Shawn Marion at the 3, iirc.

Nah, Marion still had 3 good years left in him after the championship. Then he basically retired after that.

He could've been one of those combo forwards that play a lot of PF in the current NBA since the Mavericks are more willing to go Dirk at Center nowadays.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Here we go motherfuckers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Looks like the Rockets won't be going to the conference finals.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Off topic but I love the headline and we were talking about the terrible Bay Area not long ago
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article158413104.html

quote:

Bay Area residents reportedly ‘flooding’ Sacramento and finding it ... not terrible

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 28, 2017

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

because 150 points per game

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Are you guys ready for the most hated back court of all time??

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Criminal Minded posted:

because 150 points per game

light years ahead of all star game final scores

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Spacebump posted:

Looks like the Rockets won't be going to the conference finals.

:perfect:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chris Paul: *looks at house* Everything is falling apart
State Farm Agent: Chris you gotta get out of there
DeAndre Jordan: *trying to decorate a Christmas tree but got tangled in Christmas lights* DON'T LEAVE ME CHRIS I'M TIED UP HERE

Chris Paul: *looks at team* Everything is falling apart
Agent: Chris you gotta get out of there
DeAndre Jordan: *looks at contract* DON'T LEAVE ME CHRIS I'M TIED UP HERE

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Time posted:

Are you guys ready for the most hated back court of all time??

you guys thought pat bev and harden was hateable? GUESS WHAT

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Off topic but I love the headline and we were talking about the terrible Bay Area not long ago
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article158413104.html

Escrow closes on my Carmichael house next Wednesday and I get to leave the Bay Area on the 15th :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Chris Paul setting a pick by nut-punching and Harden rolling for a completely manufactured and-one

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Chris Paul: *looks at house* Everything is falling apart
State Farm Agent: Chris you gotta get out of there
DeAndre Jordan: *trying to decorate a Christmas tree but got tangled in Christmas lights* DON'T LEAVE ME CHRIS I'M TIED UP HERE

Chris Paul: *looks at team* Everything is falling apart
Agent: Chris you gotta get out of there
DeAndre Jordan: *looks at contract* DON'T LEAVE ME CHRIS I'M TIED UP HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Time posted:

Here we go motherfuckers

Hold me