Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

whomupclicklike posted:

I'm just gonna quit arguing in good faith now

probably a good move imo

That Donald J. Trump is President of the United States of America is strong evidence that faith, good or otherwise, is functionally, if not actually, dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
lmao arguing in good faith on the internet in tyool 2017

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ScrubLeague posted:

lmao arguing in good faith on the internet in tyool 2017

*nods head thotfully*

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I'm just an idiot that takes things seriously too often,

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Fallen Hamprince posted:

here's some choice quotes from a 2005 piece that Glenn whines about 'Obama cultists' digging up
wow thats a bad take

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nebakenezzer posted:

For those that don't know, either Trump had these fake Time covers made up, or he found it on the internet while googling himself and put them in all 17 of his Golf clubhouses

So you're telling me he hangs up posters of himself with devil horns?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the intercept: hot scoops unless we decide to cuck you for no reason

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

This is fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZ3LGfSMhA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the guy who knocked down the monument filmed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpAeg5dbGY8

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jose posted:

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao apparently he also did the same thing to the 10 commandments monument in oklahoma in 2014. dude's committed to the separation of church and state and hell so am i

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Jose posted:

This fuckin rules but it would've been better if he'd been playing Dreams by the Cranberries

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

Jose posted:

Today I'm proud to be an Arkansan :patriot:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://youtu.be/uO48mtNd4jo

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Today I'm proud to be an Arkansan :patriot:

SAME :razorback:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

This fuckin rules but it would've been better if he'd been playing Dreams by the Cranberries

it's a christian pop song it owns. the dude is super religious he just also believes in the separation of church and state.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

an actual dog posted:

it's a christian pop song it owns. the dude is super religious he just also believes in the separation of church and state.

Ok nvm that's so much more badass

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

So many of the comments on the Arkansas Times article are "we should have waited for the supreme court to take the statue down" and it's really funny

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...ame=aphrocarlin

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

omg it's perfect

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Jason Rapert, the state senator who made the monument happen, is doing a live press conference on Facebook and is calling the monument removal "violence" and said that another monument was just ordered, lmao
Edit: he's blaming the ACLU and Satanic Temple for "fermenting hatred" and radicalizing this guy

im on the net me boys has issued a correction as of 17:48 on Jun 28, 2017

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao apparently he also did the same thing to the 10 commandments monument in oklahoma in 2014. dude's committed to the separation of church and state and hell so am i

Too bad SCOTUS doesn't seem to agree with us on that issue.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I did not quite expect the NRA to go full "speech is violence; we will be your safe space"

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
NRA gettin' all fascist

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mlmp08 posted:

I did not quite expect the NRA to go full "speech is violence; we will be your safe space"

has the NRA always been a blatantly open wing of the RNC or have they transitioned from just being really really into guns recently

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
they've always just been really into gun manufacturers, not guns in general

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

has the NRA always been a blatantly open wing of the RNC or have they transitioned from just being really really into guns recently

That type of video above is over the top. usually with something so partisan and utterly disconnected from guns and more in line with culture war, there would be some caveat about how NRA contributors don't necessarily represent the views of the NRA just as a cable news contributor doesn't necessarily represent the editorial board.

Of course, say they don't represent you all you want, paying Sarah Palin to be a speaker at a convention says something about the organization alone.

even over a decade ago I recall the NRA smearing the local blue dog democrat despite him having a 100% pro gun rights voting record. The argument amounted to "well what if the Democrats pressure him?!"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Mad Max Fury Road changed a lot of people for the better

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

mlmp08 posted:

even over a decade ago I recall the NRA smearing the local blue dog democrat despite him having a 100% pro gun rights voting record. The argument amounted to "well what if the Democrats pressure him?!"

Leftists can learn something from the NRA.

Compromise absolutely doesn't work, you have to pursue your goals with unyielding focus.

The NRA is one of the most effective lobbying groups in the world, and there's a reason for that. They never compromise or give an inch to firearm regulation.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Blendy posted:

Too bad SCOTUS doesn't seem to agree with us on that issue.
last i checked, it made a weird distinction between old, "historic" monuments and new ones. is that still the case, or is the satanic temple finally gonna get to press play on the oklahoma state capitol?

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Jun 28, 2017

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dreddout posted:

Leftists can learn something from the NRA.

Compromise absolutely doesn't work, you have to pursue your goals with unyielding focus.

The NRA is one of the most effective lobbying groups in the world, and there's a reason for that. They never compromise or give an inch to firearm regulation.

The 30 years war disagrees

Or the runup to the civil war for that matter

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

last i checked, it made a weird distinction between old, "historic" monuments and new ones. is that still the case, or is the satanic temple finally gonna get to press play on the oklahoma state capitol?

that looks more like baphomet than satan

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agnostalgia posted:

that looks more like baphomet than satan

Most theological Satanists believe Satan is the Baphomet

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Jose posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Nebakenezzer posted:

The 30 years war disagrees

Or the runup to the civil war for that matter

I'm talking about political lobbying warfare is a completely different set of circumstances.

Btw the Missouri compromise didn't work because the civil war happened.