Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol what?

oh that nutjob. i hated how bernie just backed away and let them steal the mic and poo poo on him.

It was a good move actually. Killer Mike gave him props during a speech for it, and told it was proof that he actually cared about black lives.

That being said? Not a fan of that woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

It was a good move actually. Killer Mike gave him props during a speech for it, and told it was proof that he actually cared about black lives.

That being said? Not a fan of that woman.

ehh. i am not a bay fan( he has great technical talent and is apparently a great guy i love the rock). he just isnt my thing and i hate most of the movies i have seen of his.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. i am not a bay fan( he has great technical talent and is apparently a great guy i love the rock). he just isnt my thing and i hate most of the movies i have seen of his.

I mean't the not taking the mic back move.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

I mean't the not taking the mic back move.

sorry, i am dumb lol. i mean i get it, it is a good move. but i hate watching shitheads steal the show.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

putting a woke brand in made me actually look at what was really happening

putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent

lol

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This is melanin priviledge

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

R. Guyovich posted:

they're less bad

the soviet union was one big credit union

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Had to read it 4 times before I even noticed.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/879776637901979649

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

It's very kind of her to make everyone feel a bit better about Trump winning, I guess.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

2017 has given me a burning hatred of Harry Potter and its fans.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Has a single immigrant thanked jk rowling yet? Rude of them.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

This is a series of books about a group of people that are born superior to their fellow men, their inferiors are presented as both something to be mocked and feared, and this superior race routinely practices slavery. They are almost universally white except for their Asian friend Cho Chang the Chinamen. Also, these are the protagonists of the novels.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Iron Twinkie posted:

This is a series of books about a group of people that are born superior to their fellow men, their inferiors are presented as both something to be mocked and feared, and this superior race routinely practices slavery. They are almost universally white except for their Asian friend Cho Chang the Chinamen. Also, these are the protagonists of the novels.

you forgot when they replaced the one fat white bully with a black guy, who then prominently roasts to death in the last movies(like the book). yeah the books are weird and meh, fun when young but really hosed up in a lot of ways going back to them. but they are woke now or some poo poo.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Actually Cho is scottish

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

she might as well have been named Ching Chong

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
i will have mad respect for the first presidential candidate who will start putting everything into the context of Twilight

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

i will have mad respect for the first presidential candidate who will start putting everything into the context of Twilight

do people even care about that book series any more?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

steinrokkan posted:

same but Joyce's fart-play letters

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

steinrokkan posted:

same but jojo's bizarre adventure

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/deray/status/417558003198328833

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

steinrokkan posted:

my opponent is in love with a baby. a baby, people

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

legitimately slammed my fist on the table after reading that tweet. harry potter is the bible except for 3%er democrats instead of evangelicals. on the other hand, justin trudeau showed off his star wars socks in front of world leaders to show that he was cool and with it, so it's not like this kind of embarrassing poo poo is exclusive to us

speaking of which, what happened to Hunger Games comparisons? that poo poo fell off the face of the earth

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

get that OUT of my face posted:

legitimately slammed my fist on the table after reading that tweet. harry potter is the bible except for 3%er democrats instead of evangelicals. on the other hand, justin trudeau showed off his star wars socks in front of world leaders to show that he was cool and with it, so it's not like this kind of embarrassing poo poo is exclusive to us

speaking of which, what happened to Hunger Games comparisons? that poo poo fell off the face of the earth

dashcon

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Freaking Crumbum posted:

it's like that lady that was an avowed hilldawg and also owned a screen printing company that featured TROMP THAT BITCH shirts and other pro-trump apparel. when asked why she was selling those shirts despite being a hilldawg herself, she said she sold them because "people will buy them, and I have an obligation to my shareholders to provide a positive ROI and positive quarterly fiscal comps".

capitalism knows no bounds
i'm about to prove this. i have five of the seven harry potter books, two copies of the first book (one hardcover, one paperback), and those two mini books (one of which is "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"). i haven't read them in ages so i'm going to sell them on ebay or whatever. if i end up selling them to someone who ends up thinking that harry potter is the height of political resistance, then i don't give a poo poo. i just don't want to own these embarrassing books anymore
lollin all over again

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

got any sevens posted:

ok now i deffo have to see this movie

no dont

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the transformers movies shifting from "we're gonna make money off of nostalgia" to "we're gonna make money off of the international market" was pretty jarring, even though it makes sense

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

the transformers movies shifting from "we're gonna make money off of nostalgia" to "we're gonna make money off of the international market" was pretty jarring, even though it makes sense

Didn't that happen during the production of the first movie? It's not like the first movie really has images from the cartoon. All the robots look completely different and turn into different things. It's remarkably free of classic Transformers imagery

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
yeah, the transformers films might've started off the crazy nostalgia blockbuster craze that metastasised into the Marvel Cinematic Universe but they're very different beasts. tf5 is much more -- how to say it -- reverential and referential to the wider franchise than the first four ever were.

and, yes, it does have a scene where harriet tubman is part of a secret transformer illuminati society. but, according to the film, so was just about anyone who ever had a mention in a history book. events, too (megatron did krakatoa). it's completely unhinged.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Starscream did WTC

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
energon can't melt steel beams

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i think the crowd that looked to transformers to jumpstart nostalgia mostly left after transformers 2, the movie with the jive-talking robots and (for no apparent reason) giant robot testicles

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i hadn't heard that dashcon accomplished anything

except for giving us the ball pit

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

i hadn't heard that dashcon accomplished anything

except for giving us the ball pit
that poster is referring to how dashcon attendees did the mockingjay salute during the more tense and stupider moments of that debacle

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that poster is referring to how dashcon attendees did the mockingjay salute during the more tense and stupider moments of that debacle

lol

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
It's always neat how people take the imagery from fictional distopias not realizing that most of the world is loving living in one.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

assassins creed has the best and simplest world

"hey, all those people in history that you consider to be bad guys? they were all templars. all the good guys? assassins"

tesla was an assassin, edison a templar

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rudatron posted:

energon can't melt steel beams

*optimus turns to the camera*

if only they had used superior chinese steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Terror Sweat posted:

assassins creed has the best and simplest world

"hey, all those people in history that you consider to be bad guys? they were all templars. all the good guys? assassins"

tesla was an assassin, edison a templar

the quote is also taken from a book