Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

SgtSteel91 posted:

What's with these ending credits

Apparently any country airing this show outside of Japan gets this version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

livingfruitvirus posted:

Apparently any country airing this show outside of Japan gets this version.

Man, no wonder Lupin has shoddy sales in the States. Why the gently caress would Lupin of all IP gently caress with OPs like this?

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Can't find the real ending on youtube either. It's a shame, it's real good

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh look, yet another Nuke Analogy Jutsu went off in Naruto.

Yawn.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How to win a boxing match in Ippo:

Kiss him

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Direction notes: "whatever you think is the gayest voice, gay it up by 20%"

"More lisp, dammit!"

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
if this is your first time watching Stand Alone Complex, pay close attention

because this is where poo poo gets- and stays- real

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Death Note is over and Light got owned.

What you want to watch now on Sundays instead of Naruto:http://www.strawpoll.me/13277634

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

fit em all up in there posted:

Death Note is over and Light got owned.

All his keikaku for nothing because his minion went to the bank two days in a row.

There's a lesson there for us all.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I think Death Note would've been better if Light had won.

Fight me bitches.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Death Note would have been better if light got murdered and it was a random traveling book of death and self ruin.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I think Death Note would've been better if Light had won.

Fight me bitches.

Well, there's an (alternate?) ending of Death Note in the manga that details what happens to Light after he loses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8fM2FBL_A

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, there's an (alternate?) ending of Death Note in the manga that details what happens to Light after he loses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8fM2FBL_A

Wow, that's even more boring than the series in general.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Polygynous posted:

All his keikaku for nothing because his minion went to the bank two days in a row.

There's a lesson there for us all.

It's Light's fault for appointing an autistic banker to be his backup.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Coming this Fourth of July Weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F713p8m89Tk

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Lupin's voice is alright but holy poo poo that Jigen :lol:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Lupin's voice is alright but holy poo poo that Jigen :lol:

Fun fact: In the 2000 dub of the movie, Lupin is voiced by none other than David Hayter.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Fun fact: In the 2000 dub of the movie, Lupin is voiced by none other than David Hayter.

David Hayter?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TwoPair posted:

David Hayter?

Solid Snake!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Solid Snake?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh you're doing the thing.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Doing the thing?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh you're doing the thing.

poo poo I'm caught

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Crabtree posted:

Death Note would have been better if light got murdered and it was a random traveling book of death and self ruin.

This is the best opinion and it's a crime that Death Note wasn't actually an anthology of misfortune with Light's story just being a brief tale in it where he gets murdered just as he begins to get delusions of grandeur.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I feel like Death Note is a decent story as is about how pride brings a fall, there's no such thing as something going Exactly As Planned even if you think it did, and even a genius can cause their own downfall.

Better stories could have been done with the concept, sure, but I rewatched it a year or two ago and still found it ok.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lights end in the manga is kind of hilarious in how pathetic it is.

Having been shot he lies on the ground crying asking his minion Mikami to help him who seeing him being super pathetic, denounces him as a god instead of killing himself like in the anime. Light then starts begging Ryuk to kill Near and the rest of his enemies. Ryuk says he will write some stuff down. And Light starts arrogantly proclaiming his victory again, before Ryuk corrects him and says that he is writing Lights name down. As now that Light has lost and is going to go to prison it would be super boring to just stand next to him in prison.

Light then begs for his life, up until Ryuk writes the name down stating that like most of his victims he will die from a heart attack, Light then continues screaming how he does not want to die up until he falls down and dies.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MonsterEnvy posted:

Lights end in the manga is kind of hilarious in how pathetic it is.

Having been shot he lies on the ground crying asking his minion Mikami to help him who seeing him being super pathetic, denounces him as a god instead of killing himself like in the anime. Light then starts begging Ryuk to kill Near and the rest of his enemies. Ryuk says he will write some stuff down. And Light starts arrogantly proclaiming his victory again, before Ryuk corrects him and says that he is writing Lights name down. As now that Light has lost and is going to go to prison it would be super boring to just stand next to him in prison.

Light then begs for his life, up until Ryuk writes the name down stating that like most of his victims he will die from a heart attack, Light then continues screaming how he does not want to die up until he falls down and dies.

Some people hate the ending of Death Note. These are people who think Light is a Good and Cool Character to Be Admired and they should be avoided/put on a watch list. Me, I think the ending is the best part.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The dub ending is amazing because Light alternates between Supervillian and whiny pathetic child.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

CharlestheHammer posted:

The dub ending is amazing because Light alternates between Supervillian and whiny pathetic child.
Oh yeah, everything coming crashing down on Light's head right when he's at the peak of his influence is what justifies the entire series to me

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean people always bag on the potato chip line, but really the guy that voices Light does a good job of playing the part. Especially when it came to doing smug,maniacal laughs and crying like a bitch in the end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So Anime Expo is coming up this weekend, and Viz has a panel entirely dedicated to Jojo on the block. I would bet good money on them announcing the Toonami run of Stardust Crusaders during this panel, what with how close AOT2 is to its end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rick and Morty, just Rick and Morty and their adventures, www dot Rick and Morty dot com season three premiering July 30 at 11:30!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAw6aXHzcY

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 30, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Outlaw Star: Jim kills his girlfriend, also the Galactic Leyline is pretty cool.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mr. Fowl posted:

Some people hate the ending of Death Note. These are people who think Light is a Good and Cool Character to Be Admired and they should be avoided/put on a watch list.

And I'm one of those people.

Sure, Light was a smug douche, but he got world crime down by 70%. Cops can't even do that. And it's not like it's possible to get crime down 100%, so it sounds to me like we had a good thing going with Light.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is the least surprising thing anyone has ever posted.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

And I'm one of those people.

Sure, Light was a smug douche, but he got world crime down by 70%. Cops can't even do that. And it's not like it's possible to get crime down 100%, so it sounds to me like we had a good thing going with Light.

I am not surprised you have this opinion.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Genocyber posted:

I am not surprised you have this opinion.

It certainly is an avatar/post combo, I'll give him that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All it takes is a smug power-mad sociopath to paralyze the world into fear and crime will go away, why can't liberals see that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://taima.tv/r/goonami

Hanging out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

My favorite often forgotten part of Death Note is when the Kira stand-in starts talking about how instead of just criminals he's going to start purging people that are lazy, lack potential, or he otherwise thinks doesn't deserve to live. And Light's reaction is "That idiot, I wasn't ready to go public with that part of my plan yet."
Also when he kills his TV hype-men like 2 or 3 times just cuz.

• Locked thread