Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I know next to nothing about Tekken, but the story mode looks 10 times better, yet exactly as stupid, as SFV's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Heihachi's voice actor also voiced Joseph Joestar in SC.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Foxhound posted:

Heihachi's voice actor also voiced Joseph Joestar in SC.

I knew I recognized that drat voice.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah just imagine Heihachi going "Oh my god!" and it'll become immediately apparent.
Also some fans dug up this neat LA Noire video of an actual detective playing and commenting for a bit. There's a lot of stuff the guys themselves pointed out but it's still pretty cool.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I knew I recognized that drat voice.

He also did Hercule/Mr. Satan in DBZ.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's been doing some of Daisuke Gouri's roles since he died and Heihachi and Satan are two of those. I'm a little surprised they chose him since Gouri's voice is incredibly hoarse while Ishuzuka's is a bit more spirited, but Ishizuka is always good so I ain't complaining. I actually like him better as Satan, but Gouri's always gonna be Heihachi to me.

EDIT: Hahaahah, Pat is talking about the Tekken 5 opening not realizing this is the opening to Tekken 5, this is loving great. They don't know anything about Tekken's story. Woolie also doesn't know that he can do Heihachi stuff just fine but keeps holding story assist trying to do it, this is already starting off fantastically.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 27, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, they don't know about the ten star difficulty...
So basically there's an extra difficulty after you beat the game that has twice as many stars as Hard and Max spent 9 hours straight streaming that, most of which were spent on the two final fights which are pretty ridiculous (although they can be cheesed).

Captain Baal posted:

He's been doing some of Daisuke Gouri's roles since he died and Heihachi and Satan are two of those. I'm a little surprised they chose him since Gouri's voice is incredibly hoarse while Ishuzuka's is a bit more spirited, but Ishizuka is always good so I ain't complaining. I actually like him better as Satan, but Gouri's always gonna be Heihachi to me.

EDIT: Hahaahah, Pat is talking about the Tekken 5 opening not realizing this is the opening to Tekken 5, this is loving great. They don't know anything about Tekken's story. Woolie also doesn't know that he can do Heihachi stuff just fine but keeps holding story assist trying to do it, this is already starting off fantastically.
Pat thought for the longest time that Kazuya was just a G-Corp clone and that the real one died in 2.
And yeah not letting go of story assist and wondering why regular moves weren't working... and this was probably recorded in 1 session so unlikely to change. The difficulty spikes and final bosses are gonna be funny even on Easy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Grouchio is the guy you just kinda awkwardly go "ah...heh...heh..." when he brings stuff like that up, because he's crazy. Same reason he doesn't really get responses in the USPol thread when he occasionally posts.
When was the last time I said something crazy? I didn't realize you hated me this much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

When was the last time I said something crazy?

Grouchio posted:

Why is the channel getting so few new subscriptions lately? At the rate we're going here it won't be till 2025 that they pass the 1 million subscriber mark.

The unhealthy obsession with both the opinion of youtube content makers and the 'health' of their channel is pretty out there.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The LA Noire LP totally passed me by until now, and I regret not watching it sooner.

"What the hell happened in this car? Did Kenshiro get him?!" :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The unhealthy obsession with both the opinion of youtube content makers and the 'health' of their channel is pretty out there.
What's the fine line between that and caring for the livelihoods of your favorite content creators?

(In the case of the Zaibatsu I think they deserve a bigger fanbase.)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

HGH posted:

Pat thought for the longest time that Kazuya was just a G-Corp clone and that the real one died in 2.
And yeah not letting go of story assist and wondering why regular moves weren't working... and this was probably recorded in 1 session so unlikely to change. The difficulty spikes and final bosses are gonna be funny even on Easy.

Pat also thought the devil gene came from Heihachi's side of the family during the Fisticuffs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

What's the fine line between that and caring for the livelihoods of your favorite content creators?

There's no fine line, there's a big moat called "Keeping detailed track of their subscriber count and bringing it up apropos of nothing worrying about your projected timeline of their long term achievements."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Finally, Unlimited Codes getting the recognition it deserves

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I suppose I am required to listen to the podcast this week then.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It quite literally gets less airtime than Night Court but it's there.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The LA Noire LP totally passed me by until now, and I regret not watching it sooner.

"What the hell happened in this car? Did Kenshiro get him?!" :allears:

It's one of their best, and it's not even done yet.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Man, just trust they know what they are doing financially and enjoy their content. That's their job to worry about, not yours. And if you want to get them a bigger fanbase, just spread the word of mouth to people you think would enjoy them; dwelling on what they "deserve" to have is just wasted energy at best.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ah good tekken 7's going to be another matt whine-thru to replace yakuza 0

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Grouchio posted:

so it's true...you really are insane...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like I'm going crazy because apparently Matt hated Yakuza 0 and complained the whole way through it, except I don't remember that happening besides maybe some rare occasions

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Are people confusing Matt's general "say the opposite thing to get a rise" with apathy or not caring? Pretty sure he said he liked the game, especially better than 4, but you can only like something so much by just watching someone who clicks through the text at his own pace for 50 hours.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

there were a couple times matt got a little whiny, sometimes those were over explanations that made sense of the thing he was whining about, but it wasn't a frequent occurrence

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I feel like I'm going crazy because apparently Matt hated Yakuza 0 and complained the whole way through it, except I don't remember that happening besides maybe some rare occasions

yeah I have no clue either.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Seriously? it was an almost constant occurrence through the latter part of the LP, usually involving him loudly proclaiming he was sick of something and ended with him basically mumbling complaints through most of the last episode. I don't know how you could not notice.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

hoobajoo posted:

Man, just trust they know what they are doing
This is often the exact opposite of why people follow SBFP :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I haven't actually finished the LP yet, so maybe it does get worse in the last episodes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As someone that's been re-watching old LPs, that's just Matt. Even in LPs that he's enjoyed like Until Dawn, it just comes out more when he's the backseat driver instead of the pilot.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

During the last episode the only complaint that stood out was that the ending just goes and goes

and well

he's right

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

As someone that's been re-watching old LPs, that's just Matt. Even in LPs that he's enjoyed like Until Dawn, it just comes out more when he's the backseat driver instead of the pilot.

I think it happens to degrees and when he's not interested in a game it basically becomes his only form of communication, which sucks the life out of a video.

He's already back on it in Tekken 7 complaining about them recasting Heiihachi (the old voice actor died in 2010) and whining about the sheer existence of the Tekken Force (???) which just makes me happy it won't be a very long LP.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I doubt any of them know the old VA died and the Tekken Force is lame.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I think it happens to degrees and when he's not interested in a game it basically becomes his only form of communication, which sucks the life out of a video.

He's already back on it in Tekken 7 complaining about them recasting Heiihachi (the old voice actor died in 2010) and whining about the sheer existence of the Tekken Force (???) which just makes me happy it won't be a very long LP.

Come to think of it when was the last LP where Matt was on controls?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tekken Force is lame as gently caress and I think Matt was more surprised by the change than anything else since I doubt he's even touched a Tekken since 6 which is back when Gouri was still voicing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tekken Force sounds like the name you would give to the main characters in a Tekken kids cartoon.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The only thing I know about Tekken is from the time I got drunk and watched the lovely(?) anime movie, and all I can remember is some lady asking a guy "Are you just angry at your father because he threw you off that cliff?"

So what I'm saying is this LP has met my expectations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man I feel pretty bad for woolie with this la noire lp at this point, apparently it gets real sketchy from here on based on matt and pat's statements and Woolie doesn't seem too comfortable with Roy's attitude. These days, can't say I blame him.

WampaLord posted:

It's one of their best, and it's not even done yet.
Yeah, despite it getting awkward, it's still real entertaining.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I feel like the game is making it pretty clear that Roy is a total piece of poo poo, though. It's not saying "Ah, the good ol days, when we could be racist in public!"

Also I suspect Woolie is playing up the uncomfortableness a bit for humor's sake.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh its obvious, just like rusty was a shitbag, but from episode 1 with Roy I can already tell even rusty is a shinier beacon of humanity than Roy.

And I dunno, it felt like it got a little real there, woolie is one to joke about racist bullshit but if roy is going to be spouting/acting like a racist poo poo the entire time I could see it getting uncomfortable, serious or not.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Roy is an impressive level of douchebag, yes. He's up there with Eric Sparrow or Vic Van Lier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Every new LP that isn't Paper Mario makes my blood seethe