Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

I love Grand Blue :allears: It's one of the few mangas that make me genuinely laugh out loud and it has legitimately believable characters. They all seem like the dudes you meet in your local college club and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Dungeon Meshi is headed in an interesting direction link

Really interested to see where things go now that EVERYONE is together

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mahou-Tsukai-no-Yome

Plz no bad end :ohdear:

Edit: I'm a manga? gently caress y'all, imma make a chapter that's just a music video anyways!!!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 17, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ahhhh gently caress, i only realized just now that the newest character in grand blue is their hideyoshi.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ahhhh gently caress, i only realized just now that the newest character in grand blue is their hideyoshi.

Luckily for, uh, whatever the name was, Iori swings both ways supposedly

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Oh wow the Author of Jin set up a patreon for the manga in english. Translation seems pretty good too

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

.Clash posted:

Oh wow the Author of Jin set up a patreon for the manga in english. Translation seems pretty good too

The fact this has like $15 and complete dogshit like Dresden Codak makes thousands a month speaks to the absolute poo poo taste the majority of the internet has

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Fabricated posted:

The fact this has like $15 and complete dogshit like Dresden Codak makes thousands a month speaks to the absolute poo poo taste the majority of the internet has

Has Dresden Codak had any updates or is the guy still getting free money by basically promising and teasing content with sexy pinups of his characters that are totally not sexy pinups

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I caught up in it in a few minutes because he's still managing about two pages a month. At some point the main character got really really ripped and is also gay now so I guess he watched Korra or something.

Like that quality/time ratio might have been fine ten years ago in the reign of endless two-gamers-on-a-couch scribbles but now we have a webcomic scene with stuff like Unsounded, Stand Still Stay Silent and Kill Six Billion Demons so whatever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Pierson posted:

At some point the main character got really really ripped and is also gay now so I guess he watched Korra or something.

Apparently they just got interested in (Like the sport) wrestling and strong ladies alongside it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
In any case, Jin is good

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fabricated posted:

Tezuka Osamu definately wins, but as unrelentlessly still K-mart is while sucking, at least it gyrates and bounces smasmodically. Like it still cares- hitme.

Jin taught me much of osaka and syphilitic hooker geisha of the wild west, but he failed to patent a keurig to readily a deliver single-serve scalding cuppa amoxicyllin o-cha. He should fund a wheelchariot for lame cats while he seldom updates.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Metal Pink Babble posted:

Tezuka Osamu definately wins, but as unrelentlessly still K-mart is while sucking, at least it gyrates and bounces smasmodically. Like it still cares- hitme.

Jin taught me much of osaka and syphilitic hooker geisha of the wild west, but he failed to patent a keurig to readily a deliver single-serve scalding cuppa amoxicyllin o-cha. He should fund a wheelchariot for lame cats while he seldom updates.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Look, rear end in a top hat above, the wakarenai defense triggers me. go gently caress your mother.

Urasawa Naoki's Monster borrowed like a dozen plots from [Blackjack[/i], but at least it was consistent and original enough to earn the right.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

but for real, your posts remind me of that video of the newslady having a stroke on air

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Erg posted:

but for real, your posts remind me of that video of the newslady having a stroke on air

Well your Lum av reminds me of Lyle. Care to provide proof instead of being an opinionated nobody?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Metal Pink Babble posted:

Look, rear end in a top hat above, the wakarenai defense triggers me. go gently caress your mother.

Urasawa Naoki's Monster borrowed like a dozen plots from [Blackjack[/i], but at least it was consistent and original enough to earn the right.

You don't seem to understand: I have no loving idea what you were saying!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Alright, metal pink babble, that's enough.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He's got the babble down, but where's the pink metal?!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

For some reason Metal Pink Babble's post made me start uncontrollably laughing while at work. I read it several times making an earnest attempt to figure out what it was saying and then suddenly started laughing. I don't know why exactly, it just sorta happened.

edit: I think it's how the first time I read it I didn't really think anything of it, and then as a delayed reaction after seeing the subsequent posts and rereading it I realized that it didn't make any sense. It's like walking down the street, seeing a man in a gorilla suit walk by, and just assuming it's business as usual.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 23, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I mean, I'm thinking they're just saying Jin is bad, but beyond that is a mystery.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Alright, metal pink babble, that's enough.

read more manga.

SHUKUDAIDESHO-!

Read Prison School in its entirety in a weeklong binge, followed by Ore to Akuma BLUES.

g2g otomodachi.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Compendium posted:

I mean, I'm thinking they're just saying Jin is bad, but beyond that is a mystery.

im a man who hates the manga because it is admired but never updates. i follow berserk and gto, and due to a random coagulation factor, i get no joy when cutting myself..

whats your favorite manga?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm reading this manga "A Trail of Blood" by Shuzo Oshimi and as far as I can tell the plot seems to be "this kid has a really unsettling mother."

edit: And also cousin, sorta? For some reason this comic reminds me of the time when I was 12 and visited my mom's cousin in Boston, who introduced me to these random older teens who lived nearby who lead me around town and smoked cigarettes that they pulled out of garbage cans (and tried to get me to smoke them as well). I remember feeling very uncomfortable with the situation.

edit2: Whoa, his mom just pushed his cousin off a cliff, I knew the other shoe was gonna drop at some point.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 27, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

i know its more boichi just going all in on the idea since apparently he got a physics degree so he could make manga more accurate

What is this I need to read it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

don't know which thread to ask this, figure it's this one:

I'm really enjoying reading Kingdom right now, the mix of gruesome battles and tactics/politics is extremely my poo poo, what other manga would fit this bill?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

frajaq posted:

I'm really enjoying reading Kingdom right now, the mix of gruesome battles and tactics/politics is extremely my poo poo, what other manga would fit this bill?

Vinland Saga

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh yeah I'm reading that too, anything else?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shoukaku no Altair, which there's an anime coming this season and Gunka no Balzar. Got a few more but kinda sleepy to remember.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh yeah Ravages of Time and Souten Kouro (the latter got loving dropped by scanlator though which pissed me off cause it was my favorite rotk manga)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What is this I need to read it

its origin

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

frajaq posted:

oh yeah I'm reading that too, anything else?
1000000% you need to start reading Golden Kamui

it takes place during the Russo-Japanese War of Japanese history and follows Sugimoto, dubbed "The Immortal" because it seems like nothing can kill him. About as realistic as Vinland Saga, and also about as ridiculous. The artwork is outstanding, as well, and it is exceptionally visceral, it does not hold back on the significance of a violent action(so a bear's claw swipe isn't just deep cuts, no, it's disembowelment etc)

it will also make you hungry for some pretty weird poo poo.

oh and this is like, the second page of the very first chapter, to really set the tone.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Someone described Golden Kamui to me as;

"What if Quentin Tarantino was Japanese and wrote manga instead of directing movies and also had fetish for weird food instead of women feet".

It checks out surprisingly well. Also owns.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I find it to be more like a Coen bros manga than Tarantino

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ytlaya posted:

I'm reading this manga "A Trail of Blood" by Shuzo Oshimi and as far as I can tell the plot seems to be "this kid has a really unsettling mother."

edit: And also cousin, sorta? For some reason this comic reminds me of the time when I was 12 and visited my mom's cousin in Boston, who introduced me to these random older teens who lived nearby who lead me around town and smoked cigarettes that they pulled out of garbage cans (and tried to get me to smoke them as well). I remember feeling very uncomfortable with the situation.

edit2: Whoa, his mom just pushed his cousin off a cliff, I knew the other shoe was gonna drop at some point.

It all feels super weird and unsettling because the mom isn't doing anything too weird and yet there is a tension. It's remarkably uncomfortable to read.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Is that the manga with the sabertooth tigers and nippon nationalism

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
No, Golden Kamui is the manga with The Legend of Curly's Gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wild Horses posted:

Is that the manga with the sabertooth tigers and nippon nationalism

That's the other manga about the Russo-Japanese war, I don't remember what it's called.