Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Lemon-Lime posted:

I dropped it after episode 10 because it was too episodic, what's the point at which it starts getting real good? I might pick it up again if it's only a few episodes further.

Well the back half is all kinda one loose story arc, but remains mostly episodic until the last 5 episodes. So if all you want is the main plot resolution then watch episodes 21-25, but you'll want to read at least some quick synopses of the episodes you're skipping in order to get the gist of the plot.

Also, episode 18 is the most magical, Trigger-ey thing ever and should be watched even if you don't like most of the episodic ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I spent a good ten seconds waiting for this to start moving...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Knorth posted:

just shake your monitor or laptop or tablet or phone around

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Done

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i have been watching watamote (kuroki worst girl)
and now im rewatching kill la kill because its on netflicks

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't know what kind of shows you like but if you're just watching stuff on netflix, try checking out Silver Spoon. It's very good. Or Mushi-shi, that's really good too

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Knorth posted:

I don't know what kind of shows you like but if you're just watching stuff on netflix, try checking out Silver Spoon. It's very good. Or Mushi-shi, that's really good too

um i considered homosexuality because of legend of galactic heroes. i really like military sci fi anime. zaipang, planetes, logh, last exile

I really like "germanic fetish" anime I guess (just based off of the themes of logh + last exile)

god drat 'imperal germany' is utterly untouched in western media. probably because of the wars.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mentat Radnor posted:

Also, episode 18 is the most magical, Trigger-ey thing ever and should be watched even if you don't like most of the episodic ones.
LWA is everything I wanted out of a Trigger anime.

Knorth posted:

この時を待っていた!:ssj:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Well, neither Silver Spoon or Mushshi are scifi military but then I wouldn't call KLK that either so you might still enjoy them.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Knorth posted:

Well, neither Silver Spoon or Mushshi are scifi military but then I wouldn't call KLK that either so you might still enjoy them.

i enjoy alot of things

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

dis thread gettin watamotted

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Baloogan posted:

um i considered homosexuality because of legend of galactic heroes. i really like military sci fi anime. zaipang, planetes, logh, last exile

I really like "germanic fetish" anime I guess (just based off of the themes of logh + last exile)

god drat 'imperal germany' is utterly untouched in western media. probably because of the wars.

consider watching gundam.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I only ever watched one episode of that, it seemed alright. Does she ever make a friend?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

:same:x10000

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Wark Say posted:

LWA is everything I wanted out of a Trigger anime.

:same:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Knorth posted:

I only ever watched one episode of that, it seemed alright. Does she ever make a friend?

In a manga yes, the anime only covers the part where she's constantly owned by life from what I remember

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Knorth posted:

yes AND her friend sings her own version of the ED

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I found out that this hella 80s shoujo series is now subbed, so I'm gonna watch it on my vacation next week

https://youtu.be/omeqyyFOsW8

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

Well the back half is all kinda one loose story arc, but remains mostly episodic until the last 5 episodes. So if all you want is the main plot resolution then watch episodes 21-25, but you'll want to read at least some quick synopses of the episodes you're skipping in order to get the gist of the plot.

Ah, that's a shame, from the way people were talking about it it sounded like a coherent plot arc kicked in sooner. I enjoyed the first ten episodes but in the end I just didn't have the time to keep up with everything I was watching and the episodic nature meant it didn't really grip me, so I guess I'll save the rest for another time.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/drawingchisanne/status/880029962769543168

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can I dupe somebody to give me an AV of Gintoki picking his nose? I feel that my majestic Lum no longer fits, since I'm utter trash.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Aw, the twitter embed cuts the picture off more than I thought it would

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Wark Say posted:

Can I dupe somebody to give me an AV of Gintoki picking his nose? I feel that my majestic Lum no longer fits, since I'm utter trash.

Worry not friend, I do not believe you to be trash at all.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

consider watching gundam.buster

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Knorth posted:

Most of her friends are also her enemies.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I said that with the whole thing about liking germanic stuff in mind. As much as I love Gunbuster it's not very germanic.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Knorth posted:

Aw, the twitter embed cuts the picture off more than I thought it would

Peepfait :3:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

I said that with the whole thing about liking germanic stuff in mind. As much as I love Gunbuster it's not very germanic.

I know but I took the opportunity to rec Gunbuster anyway.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Droyer posted:

consider watching gundam.

Don't do it! You have too much to live for! And by that I mean anything whatsoever to live for!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Kill La Kill is so much fun. I don't know if I liked it because of or in spite of the grossness, but I learned to accept it in the end.

It feels like something you have to buy in the parking lot of a Wendy's and then cook up in the bathroom there.

It can't be good for you but the rush is so sweet. The last two episodes are so ludicrously entertaining that they more than make up for the missteps along the way.

If Little Witch Academia has half of that beautiful insanity I can't wait.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 28, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Battler posted:

Worry not friend, I do not believe you to be trash at all.
Thanks. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Kill La Kill is so much fun. I don't know if I liked it because of or in spite of the grossness, but I learned to accept it in the end.

It feels like something you have to buy in the parking lot of a Wendy's and then cook up in the bathroom there.

It can't be good for you but the rush is so sweet. The last two episodes are so ludicrously entertaining that they more than make up for the missteps along the way.

If Little Witch Academia has half of that beautiful insanity I can't wait.
Little Witch Academia is way cuter that KLK, and aside from the Episodic nature of the first half (which I can totally dig), the show is, again, everything that I wanted from the guys responsible for TTGL, P&SWG and KLK.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
the only thing I've really enjoyed from Trigger has been Turning Girls lol

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Well,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010