Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
I was unprepared for how much Septem shilled Nero.

My only solace is that now that I've completed it, I never have to deal with Nero ever again (until Nero Festival).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Man, Siegfried is really bad. He can't even pull his weight around in Orleans fighting Wyverns - i'd rather just pack another assassin.

Is Saber Lily any better? Should I just go with a 3-star saber instead?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Freak Futanari posted:

That's pretty cool, maybe i'll use my US account to do some kinda silly gimmick run where i just hurl grails at a gimmick Servant and see what happens

Wait you don't already pour all you resources in maxing Arash?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

KoldPT posted:

Man, Siegfried is really bad. He can't even pull his weight around in Orleans fighting Wyverns - i'd rather just pack another assassin.

Is Saber Lily any better? Should I just go with a 3-star saber instead?

They are both pretty mediocre, if you want a saber that does stuff then Caesar and Alter Artoria are your best bets. That being said they're not gonna help with wyverns, you should just be using assassins for that in general or zerkers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is for JP players, the stream for Agartha is going up in 30 minutes if you wanna see the new servants and a CM and what other crap we're getting to do for the next month before 2nd Anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFbvKC3qMDc

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

They boost all the card's traits. NP effects aren't magnified, but card effects like gauge/crit stars generated are improved

Okay, but what counts as "card effects" for NP cards? Let's say you have boosted Arts card effectiveness on Medea. Does Rule Breaker deal more damage? Does Rule Breaker increase the NP gauge more?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Okay, but what counts as "card effects" for NP cards? Let's say you have boosted Arts card effectiveness on Medea. Does Rule Breaker deal more damage? Does Rule Breaker increase the NP gauge more?

It only boosts the effect of the type of card the NP is. This is in turn dependent on hits, so Waver's NP won't gain anything from a +Artes CE (no hits) while Atlanta's NP will generate more gauge and notably more crit stars with a +Quick CE.

Damage is a function of the card, so Rule Breaker will do more damage. It will will recharge the gauge slightly more, but not much since Rule Breaker only hits once.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

It only boosts the effect of the type of card the NP is. This is in turn dependent on hits, so Waver's NP won't gain anything from a +Artes CE (no hits) while Atlanta's NP will generate more gauge and notably more crit stars with a +Quick CE.

Damage is a function of the card, so Rule Breaker will do more damage. It will will recharge the gauge slightly more, but not much since Rule Breaker only hits once.

Okay, I think I get it. So Rule Breaker's "boost NP gauge by 20%" effect will still only be 20%, but the small amount of additional NP gauge gain it gets from the attack hitting will go up? Thanks, that makes sense!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know for a fact that I've gotten to a screen where I can see my Master Abilities and possibly interact with them in some way, and maybe even change my Costume at some point, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get back there. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I know for a fact that I've gotten to a screen where I can see my Master Abilities and possibly interact with them in some way, and maybe even change my Costume at some point, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get back there. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Party setup -> master equip in the bottom left

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm still futzing around Fuyuki. I haven't run out of AP yet but I haven't leveled up in a while so I bet I'm going to hit that limit soon. The Friendship gacha also yielded me my Medea and a Hassan so I'm now able to field an almost complete FSN lineup, minus Altria and EMIYA, and Gil obviously.

Conot posted:

For those not aware, theres a button in your party setup screen called "Line Up"

The main benefit of using this is that you can choose whether the support is fielded with your initial three, like so

So if your friends are all fielding lvl 1 Mashu, you don't have to take her along.
I was going mention at some point that people really need to start actually setting up their support lineup, so many friends' lists are just Mash alone. Though I could have sworn I set it up on day 1, but then had to do it all over again yesterday. Does Support Setup reset every day or something?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I wasn't going to roll in the Agartha gacha, since i wanna stockpile as much quartz and tickets as i can until this year's summer event, but that El Dorado berserker does look really cool

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nate RFB posted:

Does Support Setup reset every day or something?
No, make sure you confirm it to save the new setup.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I was going mention at some point that people really need to start actually setting up their support lineup, so many friends' lists are just Mash alone. Though I could have sworn I set it up on day 1, but then had to do it all over again yesterday. Does Support Setup reset every day or something?

No, but it's quite easy to accidentally cancel your changes to the lineup rather than confirming them because the menu flow is weird.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why are all the good characters archers and lancers?

I bet those people with Herc are just flooding with friend points.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Do you get FP both when you use someone else's support and when they use yours?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nate RFB posted:

Do you get FP both when you use someone else's support and when they use yours?

Yes, I've been drowning in FP thanks to my Waver.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

New Leaf posted:

On some screens (e.g. party setup) you can get to that by long-pressing the character portrait.
On a related note: can I remove just one member from a party?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
In other JP news, here's the PV for Agartha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARAhj6yrXfc

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yes, I've been drowning in FP thanks to my Waver.
Do you need to be logged in to get them or will you just receive a dump when you log back in? Been thinking about just leaving my tablet plugged in 24/7 if that's the case.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

This is a whole different game when piloting a Waver account. Considering how many friend requests I'm getting spammed with, it's a wonder all the Waver and Merlinbros on my JP friend list haven't ditched me ages ago.

NRVNQSR posted:

A bit more on this:
Increased effectiveness boosts the secondary card effect AND the damage, so a 50% Arts effectiveness buff will make the Arts card generate more NP charge as well as making them hit a lot harder.
The boosted secondary effect makes them better than a generic attack boost, but the tradeoff being they don't do anything to other card types (or the extra attack).

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I've used my friend's lvl 40 Jeanne so much as my support that it takes me a moment to realize she isn't really part of the team.

I'm torn between funneling all my All Classes exp. cards into Waver to get him close to that first Ascension (And to get him to do a bit more damage because Christ his damage is bad.) or leveling my Shielder so she can actually hop in when something crits my Hercules into oblivion and do something other than make Waver invulnerable for one turn before getting killed herself.

Is there an easier way to get exp. cards than that one daily mission?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Hercules, Chevalier D'eon, and Francis Drake are getting new NP animations.

EDIT:

Sophism posted:

I've used my friend's lvl 40 Jeanne so much as my support that it takes me a moment to realize she isn't really part of the team.

I'm torn between funneling all my All Classes exp. cards into Waver to get him close to that first Ascension (And to get him to do a bit more damage because Christ his damage is bad.) or leveling my Shielder so she can actually hop in when something crits my Hercules into oblivion and do something other than make Waver invulnerable for one turn before getting killed herself.

Is there an easier way to get exp. cards than that one daily mission?

Best way to get xp and level servants is to run the 40 ap daily to get the good xp cards. Second best is selling the 3 star xp cards (or 3 star servants if you somehow have spares of those lying around?) for mana prisms and using them to buy good xp cards.

It takes a lot of AP, but the 4 star xp cards are waaaaay better than the 3 star ones, and 1-2 stars are basically garbage past like level 10.

I would probably try and push Waver to his first ascension to get his second skill- it's +defense for the party and 10% NP for everyone. With the defense maybe your berserker will die less.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 28, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bakanogami posted:

Looks like Hercules, Chevalier D'eon, and Francis Drake are getting new NP animations.

Full animation rework, apparently

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Apocrypha tie-in is literally a single CE?

Ha... hahaha

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Ha... hahaha

Idk why anyone expected more when Extella was the same thing

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The OP might want to add a section describing how to add units for your friends to use. I wasn't aware of it, and thought setting a unit as leader was enough. I think many people made a similar mistake.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I started borrowing someone's Jeanne and I can see why she's a big deal. It's basically a slow God mode for AP30 exp farming. She can solo all of it at level 30. o_O

Reaching 50 with Vlad 3 also makes him less prone to die in 2 hits on AP30 :v: Was starting to regret my staying with him as main account.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 28, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so who are the people with Jeannes?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Ha... hahaha

A single lovely CE.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

Best way to get xp and level servants is to run the 40 ap daily to get the good xp cards. Second best is selling the 3 star xp cards (or 3 star servants if you somehow have spares of those lying around?) for mana prisms and using them to buy good xp cards.

It takes a lot of AP, but the 4 star xp cards are waaaaay better than the 3 star ones, and 1-2 stars are basically garbage past like level 10.

I would probably try and push Waver to his first ascension to get his second skill- it's +defense for the party and 10% NP for everyone. With the defense maybe your berserker will die less.

Sadly I can't do the 40 AP dailies yet, but I'll try selling 3* exp. cards. Pretty weird how that's more efficient than just using the 3*s.

I should probably advance the story more before diving into spending all my AP on dailies anyway.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

so who are the people with Jeannes?
I have her!!

The friend list on the second post of the thread should list a bunch more too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sophism posted:

Sadly I can't do the 40 AP dailies yet, but I'll try selling 3* exp. cards. Pretty weird how that's more efficient than just using the 3*s.

I should probably advance the story more before diving into spending all my AP on dailies anyway.

If you can find a high-levelled Jeanne Support she can basically solo the 40AP daily.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Ha... hahaha

tbf astolfo's going to be a major part of agartha and any apocrypha event would have probably just been an astolfo circlejerk anyway, so

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gologle posted:

Holy poo poo.

Indeed.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

tbf astolfo's going to be a major part of agartha and any apocrypha event would have probably just been an astolfo circlejerk anyway, so

does it even count as a proper circle if it's just Gudao and Astolfo going at it

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

If you can find a high-levelled Jeanne Support she can basically solo the 40AP daily.

The highest one in my friends list is lvl 38 and she was getting slowly chipped down through the whole thing. By the time my team got to the stage 3 servant, she was the only one left standing and Marie just outlasted her by spamming that invincibility + heal over time move.

I'm not sure if that's the daily for the exp. cards though. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the rewards when doing them yesterday.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Finished France with my squad of nobodies. Bring a Herc friend, Herc Smash. A kitty is fine too. I have yet to see what happens when you lose a fight, though I've come close occasionally.

I did another 10-pull and got Robin Hood and Fat Caesar, so that's decent consolation prizes.

I also set up my Support choices because boy is that nonobvious, so gracias for that tip.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Berserk er basically gives me 4k every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sophism posted:

The highest one in my friends list is lvl 38 and she was getting slowly chipped down through the whole thing. By the time my team got to the stage 3 servant, she was the only one left standing and Marie just outlasted her by spamming that invincibility + heal over time move.

I'm not sure if that's the daily for the exp. cards though. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the rewards when doing them yesterday.

No, the EXP daily is the one where you fight Hands. The title is 'Burning Embers' or something along those lines. The ones where you fight shadow Servants are mostly for Ascension Mats.