Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I hope I can bond 5 sparks and have them form Voltron or the megazord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
We're finally going to the trouble of having an Advent defector faction, and there's no recruitable snake tits? For shame, Jake. For shame.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Do what I did, make tits for the sparks instead

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ditty bout my clitty posted:

:great:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

link

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Where is all this info about "photo booth" coming from? googling the new Expansion pack only nets me info about the new aliens and classes and poo poo, nothing about customization nor photo booths (although those interest me most :v: )

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if two soldiers bond can they go on a date and romance each other???

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Moola posted:

Sure, if by date you mean a two-man ops

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Give me the 2booty

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Moola posted:

All of your waifu dreams are canon now

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Sure, if by date you mean a two-man ops

Infiltrating, stealing poo poo, and killing ayys are the epitome of romance.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Moola posted:

Only on the battlefield.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Annointed posted:

Give me the 2booty

I need a 14th Machine War overhaul mod immediately. You'd barely have to change any of the gameplay, even.

Weapon tiers would require some new stories, though...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
*people who were friends*

*people who tried to improve their stats*

*people did a mission*

*everyone loving dies*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
can 3 soldiers bond together???

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Moola posted:

get out of here wth this deviancy.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Moola posted:

i found the advent spy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
can 2 soldiers bond while another one watches from the closet while wearing a superman top?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
It turns out, love really CAN bloom on a battlefield.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

can 2 soldiers bond while another one watches from the closet while wearing a superman top?

The Commander gets to watch everything!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I can see it, 6 months from now. XCOM 2: Enemy Within my Heart

You get to create the commander himself/herself at the game start, with branching dialogue trees depending on your soldiers' compatibility, intelligence and personality. Your soldiers will liberate Earth, but who will liberate them from their troubled past?

Co-written by EA's Mass Effect Team

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'd play it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fangz posted:

I'd play it.

Someone hasn't played the latest of that series

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

I can see it, 6 months from now. XCOM 2: Enemy Within my Heart

You get to create the commander himself/herself at the game start, with branching dialogue trees depending on your soldiers' compatibility, intelligence and personality. Your soldiers will liberate Earth, but who will liberate them from their troubled past?

Co-written by EA's Mass Effect Team

Telltale Games presents Xcom.
The Commander will remember this.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LordNat posted:

Telltale Games presents Xcom.
The Commander will remember this.

As long as I can tell Bradford to shut the gently caress up at every occasion

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
As long as the commander has the option to just stay silent all game and that's treated as canon

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Commander am I kawaii uguu~

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
yes I will date the chryssalid

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Annointed posted:

Commander am I kawaii uguu~

These ADVENT experiments have gone too far. Bring the flamethrowers

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fangz posted:

Two words, Ethereal Titties

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

BlazetheInferno posted:

So. How deep into the ground do you think the Long War guys are going to nerf the Reaper class?

Patch 1.5
-Fix Reapers name, changed to Yakuza.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Iron Crowned posted:

Two words, Ethereal Titties

I like how ethereals are thousands of years old but have the bodies of century olds.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Iron Crowned posted:

Someone hasn't played the latest of that series

The disappointment from how lame that game is was the closest I've come to being mad about videogames.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
THIS THREAD IS BETTER THAN USUAL

I APPROVE OF ALL THINGS HAPPENING HERE

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A bit late but please no Telltale Xcom pls. Let them rest. Spend more than two months on a game. Make an engine that works.

Back Hack posted:

Patch 1.5
-Fix Reapers name, changed to Yakuza.

loving Shinobi. So stupid.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fangz posted:

This series used to be about the strategy, now people just play the games for the waifus :reject:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bogart posted:

A bit late but please no Telltale Xcom pls. Let them rest. Spend more than two months on a game. Make an engine that works.

loving Shinobi. So stupid.

What always got me is that their 'Rangers' don't get swords or stealth. Literally the basis of all their perks but like 2 in Vanilla. Instead the name gets stapled onto a rifle class. :psyduck:

Make that the 'Infantry' class and name Shinobi Rangers. Since they're already functionally XCOM 2 Rangers with a dumb name.

Their penchant for renaming stuff has always grated though. Like how they renamed Bulletswarm to Light Em Up when its mechanically identical.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

The Commander gets to watch everything!

yessss

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Zore posted:

What always got me is that their 'Rangers' don't get swords or stealth. Literally the basis of all their perks but like 2 in Vanilla. Instead the name gets stapled onto a rifle class. :psyduck:

Make that the 'Infantry' class and name Shinobi Rangers. Since they're already functionally XCOM 2 Rangers with a dumb name.

Their penchant for renaming stuff has always grated though. Like how they renamed Bulletswarm to Light Em Up when its mechanically identical.

To be quite honest, rangers does imply some sort of ranged ability. Not swords lol

But Shinobi is extremely weaboo and Bulletswarm -> Light em up is dumb. I make a point of it to always make my "shinobi" pink or blue-haired soldiers called "Anne Ime" or "Jack Raiden" or something similar. I can't take them seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One of my Shinobi is a Swede named Dex "Matsukaze" Magnussen and I gave him a Japanese voicepack (Japanese Bandit, an extremely delinquent voice) from the Nexus to indicate that while he in not Japanese or in any particular way "anime," he clearly wishes he were and is clearly trying, bless his heart. I could've given him the Genji cosmetics pack but I knew that would've just ruined it by being too on-the-nose, so I settled on giving him a Halo reach helmet for a little 'stang. He looks like some berk wearing a BMX helmet trying to be naruto, he's great.

I also have a Vanguard Col. Franklin "Colorado" Ishida who wears a USA flag bandana, aviators, smokes a cigar, and has the voice of Sully from the Uncharted series.