Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

It's awesome and stressful and now we are 3 outs away from our first CWS title!!

2 now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

My girlfriend and I have been on a Bar Rescue kick lately. Even if every episode is this:

- someone opens bar, instant hit, makes lots of money

- something happens, either family tragedy (death, illness, divorce) or owner gets lazy and the bar goes to poo poo

- all the bartenders drink on the job, kitchen is usually a health inspector's nightmare

- Jon comes in, yells at the owner in a full bar to embarrass them

- they always gently caress up the soft opening

- reopening usually changes the name, now the bar has a bunch of good food and drinks, Jon leaves

- months afterward, the owners change the name back and discard a bunch of his changes. This isn't on the show but I usually Google each episode after I watch and local papers always cover what happens post show.

Still, kind of makes me want to run a bar.
You'll love this site: http://www.barrescueupdates.com/

I used to be a fan of Jon Taffer and the show until I found out they basically tried to rig an episode about an otherwise successful bar in Chicago.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

1!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I love you Ehud!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

I love you Ehud!

we did it :unsmith:

lol I've seen my favorite school win in all three major sports now

God is good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/gatorschris/status/879903542848475138

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Eli Wiggum posted:

You'll love this site: http://www.barrescueupdates.com/

I used to be a fan of Jon Taffer and the show until I found out they basically tried to rig an episode about an otherwise successful bar in Chicago.

What episode? I'd probably try to watch that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Congrats Gator fans.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Looks like the Tigers chose wisely. :smuggo:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

there's a wrestler now who's heel shtick is being a progressive liberal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtOREAqfIwk

Prompted me to rewatch this and now I'm not sure why I was ever surprised this country elected Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-EGpzGIt8

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

big money big clit posted:

Congrats Gator fans.

Thanks bud. I won't pretend to be some huge baseball fan but I always watch the postseason and it's cool to see Florida finally pull it off. Saw 2 championship losses and a bunch of early exits.

now I've seen my favorite school win all the major sports titles within a decade so I'm a jackass if I complain too much anytime soon

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man that stat is fantastic. How cool it is to be a gator fan after I switch allegiances mother fucker

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

They never filmed it. Owner of the bar in question (Hopleaf) said "no thanks"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Watching the first part of Lakers v Celtics 30 for 30 and looking up lots of people that are coming up. My favorite is Marvin Barnes, who I think I read about at one point but completely forgot.

quote:

There’s the one about the Spirits getting set to depart on a flight from Louisville at 8 a.m. that would get into St. Louis at 7:56. After one look at his ticket, Barnes exclaimed “I ain’t getting on no time machine,” and promptly rented a car for the trip home.

Like the day he asked me if cocaine kills brain cells.

“I don’t know, Marvin, that’s what they say.”

He paused, then said: “Then I must have been a genius when I started out.”

A flight delay had caused Bob Costas to miss the start of St. Louis’s game in Memphis, and he told the players he thought he was going to be fired:

“I told the guys they don’t fine people in radio, they fire them for missing games. The guys were listening to me, offering their sympathy. Then Marvin Barnes said, “Hey, bro, don’t worry about it. I’ve been looking for a little white dude to drive me around in my Rolls-Royce.”

After a particularly wild night in New York, he slept in and missed every flight to Norfolk, where the Spirits were playing the Virginia Squires at Scope.

Barnes chartered his own plane and arrived at Scope just before the game, a woman on each arm — his companions from the previous evening — and a bag of McDonald’s burgers in his hand. He opened his full-length mink coat to reveal his Spirits’ uniform.

“Boys,” he said. “Game Time is on time!”

Benched for the first quarter, Barnes finished with 43 points and 19 rebounds.

Barnes drugged himself out of the league in 4 years, but it seems like it was a pretty fun four years.

Also Larry Bird averaged less then 2 three point attempts per game, which seems like criminally under-using a hell of a weapon. I know the game has changed as to how people look at the three but that still jumped out at me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

seiferguy posted:

Might be the Abbey. They hosed that one up. Used to be a cool divey punk bar. After the change it wasn't making much money and then a suspicious fire happened!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
One of my favorite Packers facts is Max McGee was super hungover for the Super Bowl and then won MVP.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I used to live in dorms across from the baseball stadium, and I went to a ton of UF baseball games, so its cool to see them win a championship.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

Thanks bud. I won't pretend to be some huge baseball fan but I always watch the postseason and it's cool to see Florida finally pull it off. Saw 2 championship losses and a bunch of early exits.

now I've seen my favorite school win all the major sports titles within a decade so I'm a jackass if I complain too much anytime soon

I was a much bigger baseball fan when I was a kid and LSU won a bunch of championships then, so I'm not too broken up about losing this one, even though winning it would have been very cool too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i hate when this happens

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/879821642272129024

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I present to you the saddest twitter ad ever

https://twitter.com/anthonyanderson/status/877515903352557569

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
At least it's not adult diapers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

what the gently caress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wait so i dont get it

is it like uber for making GBS threads

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's fitting because Charmin is the first thing you'll think of when you see a huge piece of poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel like if I need to poo poo badly enough to call a van for me to poo poo in I am not gonna be able to wait for the van to arrive

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ok no I take it back I found a worse one

https://twitter.com/anthonyanderson/status/877990098939367424

"The OG TP" - Anthony Anderson who clearly needs money

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I wonder if he got a life time supply of toilet paper as an endorsement deal

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Someone needs to fire their agent.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Someone needs to fire their agent.

Fiz was there ever a point in your acting career where you would have said to yourself "I am desperate enough to be the face of toilet paper"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I thought Blackish was doing well?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok no I take it back I found a worse one

https://twitter.com/anthonyanderson/status/877990098939367424

Anthony Anderson becoming a pitchman for Charmin produced a racist backlash against Charmin, because of course it did.

I need to find the link but I'm literally not making this up. A BLACK GUY SELLING YOUR TOILET PAPER HOW DARE YOU is real.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The replies to those tweets are pretty good.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I need to find the link but I'm literally not making this up. A BLACK GUY SELLING YOUR TOILET PAPER HOW DARE YOU is real.

Covering the Pristine white paper in brown is a metaphor for white genocide

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Anthony Anderson becoming a pitchman for Charmin produced a racist backlash against Charmin, because of course it did.

I'm confused. Are they arguing that Charmin is racist for having a blank guy sell it?

Or are alt rights upset that a black person is now the spokesperson for a cherished product?

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/CEOSleepout/sta...agenumber%3D548

laf

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Fiz was there ever a point in your acting career where you would have said to yourself "I am desperate enough to be the face of toilet paper"

Lol no certainly not he enjoyed having medieval weapons pulled out of his rear end for a smaller audience

Hundreds of people audition for herpes commercials man work is work

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am actually pooping right now and I wish it was in a beautiful on demand mobile restroom.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Thus ends the legend of Phil Jackson

Great coach, terrible GM

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The only time I could see a mobile bathroom being anywhere remotely useful is Manhattan just because public bathrooms are so loving rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If I could make a phone call and have a large, modern van with a luxurious bathroom pull up minutes later...hell.......

• Locked thread