Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Clarisse's Infernal fight seemed a lot easier than Legion's? It was still kind of hard, but it wasn't "spend 7 stamina potions trying to get positioning right on a turn by turn basis" hard.

Is Clarisse good? She seems kind of...low powered. 31(42) attack and 34 speed isn't too intimidating, and her defenses blow. First glimpse, she looks to be between Michalis and Ursula as far as GHB characters go.

EDIT: Reinhart is absurdly powerful, but also overrated. I would recommend having one unit that can always answer him flat, then making your team heavier to protect that unit.

RBBG is a pretty solid arena build. G to deal with Rein, Nowi, Azura, Ninian, Effie, Shareena, two blues to deal with the cloud of red units, but mostly Xander, Ryoma and Ike, and a red unit, because Hector and Nino both exists and are coming for you.

TA Julia is in general bad, but she might be what you need for more consistent runs?

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I am genuinely considering Emerald Axe+ on my Hector just to deal with all these merged Reinhardts. Armads' QR2 is also seeing less and less use lately.

E: Also maybe TA on Xander because Spring Camilla is the no.2 arena threat to me right now

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 28, 2017

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The correct way to deal with Reinhardt is to one-round him with your own Reinhardt, imo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Go 5* that Female Robin

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'd take Cecilia to do it since I'm using Xander and Camus but mages would tank my score :/

Also why I'd rather kill Reinhardt on the counter because Dancers are off the table

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Go 5* that Female Robin

The only person on my friends list who is on team Lissa has a +2 5* fRobin with gronnraven+ and TA.

That's a level of dedication I can appreciate.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Horse Emblem team easily cleared Clarisse on Infernal. Easy peasy. Nice change of pace after the utter hell that was Legion.

I also easily got a deathless Arena run with them so I'll be back up to Tier 19 again next week... and probably fall back down again. Let's be honest.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Andrast posted:

The only person on my friends list who is on team Lissa has a +2 5* fRobin with gronnraven+ and TA.

That's a level of dedication I can appreciate.

Probably a good time to show you guys my Spring Camilla.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
That Spring Camilla is +RES/-ATK isn't she? That hurts.

I got really lucky with mine being +SPD/-RES.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Silver Falcon posted:

Horse Emblem team easily cleared Clarisse on Infernal. Easy peasy. Nice change of pace after the utter hell that was Legion.

I'm having trouble with Lunatic, let alone Infernal. What did you do?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

That Spring Camilla is +RES/-ATK isn't she? That hurts.

I got really lucky with mine being +SPD/-RES.

Probably, but I got her at 5 stars so didn't cost me anything really. I really only pay attention to IVs when promoting 4 stars. If I pull a better version just fuse her into that one.

Edit: I will say she kinda has a niche in finishing off Hectors. Her defense is so high she can absorb their Vantage blow and then finish them off.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 28, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Playing Fate Grand/Order I can safely say my favorite thing about the game so far is that there's no IVs.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I think I have to give up on the bonus from using Priscilla so that I can actually win more than half my matches. I keep getting lovely units like Niles and the BA+ Cherche from my friend list can only do so much.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I had an easy time with lunatic, I'm close to infernal but not quite there yet. Just testing with horse emblem so far.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AweStriker posted:

I'm having trouble with Lunatic, let alone Infernal. What did you do?

Starting by having Xander bait and kill the green horse mage was key to it for me.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Team Elise, we got a 6.2 multiplier for the hour, I hosed up because I just woke up and might not make the second one battle

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah Lunatic just took me a couple of tries to figure out, and although I haven't finished Infernal yet I think I'll be able to do it, unlike Legion. I'm gonna need to fit a healer in so Hector can pull double duty and nuke the christ out of the armorslayer with Mae before it gets to him.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Pretty stupid how the solution to all 3 difficulties was "have a reinhardt and a dancer" but that's like half of the content of this game so

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Xander on a defensive tile can kill everything else but I can't seem to be able to solve the blue mage on infernal. I'm having a mage blast the breakable block open and have Xander charge to the defensive tile. He kill the green mage and wounds the red cavalry and archer but they live unfortunately.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Oh gently caress, I thought the gauntlet quests refreshed every day instead of every other day so I blew a bunch of flags and now I only have 500 left

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Pretty stupid how the solution to all 3 difficulties was "have a reinhardt and a dancer" but that's like half of the content of this game so

I had Rein and two dancers in my team

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
My horse emblem team was doing well for a while but recently it's been really underperforming. Would it be worth it to swap everyone or almost everyone out?

Elise:
WoM 2, Fortify Cavalry
Gravity
Rehabilitate
Kindle fired balm

Ursula:
Death blow 2, hone cavalry
Blarblade
New moon/moonbow

Gunter:
Armored blow, hone cavalry
Brave axe
Harsh command

And for red it's either
Eliwood:
WoM 3, ward cavalry
Durandal
Holy vestments

Or
Luke:
Fire boost, panic ploy, hp seal.
Brave sword +
Bonfire.

As far as reserves I've got
Camus, Xander, Cecilia, Frederick, and Stahl.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

My horse emblem team was doing well for a while but recently it's been really underperforming. Would it be worth it to swap everyone or almost everyone out?

Elise:
WoM 2, Fortify Cavalry
Gravity
Rehabilitate
Kindle fired balm

Ursula:
Death blow 2, hone cavalry
Blarblade
New moon/moonbow

Gunter:
Armored blow, hone cavalry
Brave axe
Harsh command

And for red it's either
Eliwood:
WoM 3, ward cavalry
Durandal
Holy vestments

Or
Luke:
Fire boost, panic ploy, hp seal.
Brave sword
Bonfire.

Camus, Xander, Cecilia, Frederick, and Stahl.

Xander and Cecilia are a lot better than Eliwood or Gunther.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Find a way to get Xander and Camus onto your team. Xander for the red spot, Camus in place of Elise. They're both excellent physical tanks with a ranged counter attack that gives you a decent amount of counter-kills on mages (Nino needs serious pump for a gronnblade, non TA build to one shot Xander, Xander needs no investment to OHKO Nino, Same wrt Camus v Tharja/Celica) and they can both beat most archers and any ninja 1v1.

That they occupy the same niche is not a problem because they use different weapon types, and also because it is an extremely good niche to fill.

Given those two, next you'll want a strong Green unit. Sadly, unless you can pull Titania, or you're willing to abandon one horse skill slot (probably Fortify) there aren't good axe users on horses. Luckily, Cecilia is free, and good when she's 5*. If you have the feathers, she is a good tag in.

I would only include Elise if you had a Genny to sacrifice. The loss of an attacker is far more crippling than the loss of a healer, even with gravity/drag back shenanigans

EDIT: Thing to consider, If Elise triggers her Kindled Fire balm, that does the same job as, but less than, Goad Cavalry. In the spirit of same type teams, having them split up is generally a bad idea anyway, so positioning him shouldn't be hard.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 28, 2017

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Gensuki posted:

Find a way to get Xander and Camus onto your team. Xander for the red spot, Camus in place of Elise. They're both excellent physical tanks with a ranged counter attack that gives you a decent amount of counter-kills on mages (Nino needs serious pump for a gronnblade, non TA build to one shot Xander, Xander needs no investment to OHKO Nino, Same wrt Camus v Tharja/Celica) and they can both beat most archers and any ninja 1v1.

That they occupy the same niche is not a problem because they use different weapon types, and also because it is an extremely good niche to fill.

Given those two, next you'll want a strong Green unit. Sadly, unless you can pull Titania, or you're willing to abandon one horse skill slot (probably Fortify) there aren't good axe users on horses. Luckily, Cecilia is free, and good when she's 5*. If you have the feathers, she is a good tag in.

I would only include Elise if you had a Genny to sacrifice. The loss of an attacker is far more crippling than the loss of a healer, even with gravity/drag back shenanigans

Thanks for the input, I actually do have Titania and totally overlooked her. So what I think I'm looking at is something like

Camus, Xander, Ursula, Titania? Or is Cecilia better? I have feathers to get one of them to 5*

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

, Xander, , , and .

You've got one of the best units in the game benched. 5* that bad boy and make a permanent roster spot.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I got Lunatic Clarisse on my first try but Infernal is being rough

even when I rotated Rein into my lineup because people here were saying he trivializes it I found that the blue mage and the ninja get in my way and he actually seemed pretty mediocre for the first time ever

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Gensuki posted:

EDIT: Thing to consider, If Elise triggers her Kindled Fire balm, that does the same job as, but less than, Goad Cavalry. In the spirit of same type teams, having them split up is generally a bad idea anyway, so positioning him shouldn't be hard.

Eh, Elise actually still hurts decently even with the staff penalty, so she can still get a few picks or soften up anything that can't counterattack. A proper cavalry team might not need her, but she's not the worst option ever if you have a good core of Xander/Cecilia/Ursula - at that point you've got generally enough firepower to handle any one threat, so a support option to fill that last slot's not exactly terrible.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Elyv posted:

even when I rotated Rein into my lineup because people here were saying he trivializes it I found that the blue mage and the ninja get in my way and he actually seemed pretty mediocre for the first time ever

Reinhardt is great when he can one-shot units and pretty awful when he can't. He's too squishy and virtually every unit in the game can double him.

He's still awesome but maybe a bit overhyped. And I say this as a proud Reinhardt owner.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Elyv posted:

I think what I did was Turn 1 bait the ninja and green mage with Xander (ninja lives, mage dies) turn two move Reinhardt to the middle defense tile, kill one dude, end, turn 3 reinhardt kills 2 dudes with a dancer and Nino kills the blue mage (I think) , turn 4 Reinhardt kills the swordsman on the right that was chasing after Nino the whole time

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Eh, Elise actually still hurts decently even with the staff penalty, so she can still get a few picks or soften up anything that can't counterattack. A proper cavalry team might not need her, but she's not the worst option ever if you have a good core of Xander/Cecilia/Ursula - at that point you've got generally enough firepower to handle any one threat, so a support option to fill that last slot's not exactly terrible.

Would I be better off with Titania or Cecilia as a green?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

My rein killed both the Ninja and the blue mage just fine.

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Cecilia with a blade tome is a lot better than titania.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Cecilia is too slow for me honestly. I'm gonna be pissed if they make another green mage calvary that doesn't have jack speed.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Titania (with standard kit) isn't that good against non-blues, though you can sub in an axe/g tome breaker to increase her coverage. She's good if you can take out anything but blues with the rest of your team.

Cecilia with a Gronnblade and full Horse Emblem is... about as good as Ursula, if not better. She's nuke #2 along with her, and she works well as a multi-merged 4*.

The third option for horse green is Frederick, who is better than Gunter at everything he does. Find a +atk version, give him Brave Axe, and keep him the hell away from mages.

Finally, with your Ursula, Darting Blow is probably better than Death Blow in HE. It'll give her 40+ speed with Hone and turn her into a budget Reinhardt.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So this was a lot easier that the Legion battle. It helps that Clarisse and the dagger user can't do any damage to a 5* Xander on a defense tile, and even on Infernal, the green mage horse unit can't hit double digit damage to Xander on the defense tile, and he kills it when it attacks.

Now I have beaten all three battles in just the first few hours.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Nthing the Xander love he's been a p amazing addition to my permanent red roster spot. I've been leveling up camus but I haven't taken him to 5 star yet. Currently linde is my blue offensive unit and so far she's been dang amazing with Desperation and Ardent Sacrifice. Is camus decent enough to challenge her for the spot? I've also got a somewhat lovely iv Cordelia sitting around too. The wiki rankings clock her at s+ but I take those with a boulder sized grain of salt. Is she actually that close to amazing?

I've socked away another 20k feathers and my current choices of bumpage are camus, Cordelia, Nino, and I guess legion since I'm assuming he will be a bonus character for arena relatively soon.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Camus sucks pre 5* but he starts kicking rear end if you rank him up. Very worth it.

If you have Xander with a hone calvary and Camus with his built-in Goad Calvary, they can easily carry you till tier 18 if you have a good green mage to tell Reinhardt to gtfo.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Xander has been amazing for me. I'm tempted to build up a Camus too but his defense isn't as amazing as Xander, wouldn't that makes his Distant Attack shenanigans less effective?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Can confirm Xander and Camus as a certified Machine of many forms. Made it to Tier 20 on the back of Goad, QR Camus, and Fortify Cav. Vantage Xander.

Add in your dedicated answer to Reinhart (which in most cases will double as your answer to blue units, but Camus can pull double duty there) and leave the fourth spot for the weekly bonus unit, and then all you have to do is hope aReNG does not pair you against 682s forever...

EDIT:^^ Camus' speed means he won't get doubled by any (Green) units once Honed unless they're using Lance breaker. His Defense is "enough" but if he is also fortified, then 33(+6) is more than enough to survive any red unit, and any non brave weapon blue unit.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
For now I'm using Reinhardt Cecilia Xander + bonus unit. But I suppose that's both easy mode as well as relatively low BST. I'll start work on Camus to sub in for Reinhardt (Cecilia is a 4*+ to boost ranking).