Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I too am a fan of alternative rock giants Better than Snezzra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

We call our ship the Nesbuchadsnezzer

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Frankston posted:

Mods rename this forum to 'The Gaystation'
:great:

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Those who say snezz also say jif

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Olivil posted:

And are loving monsters

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Olivil posted:

No

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why sad face? That's a good platform for it

The twist is that its gonna be a F2P game where you have to buy film and camera upgrades like a new lens to better capture motion or depth of field and it will get as expensive as actually owning a DSR. And the game will have an EULA that tries to say that they retain rights to photos taken of the game so you cant print them out except at Snap Spots which is where you go to get your "film developed" and they sell it as a social aspect like Pokemon GO even though it's basically a bluetooth printer that people link their phone to or something. Even though its an unenforcible EULA the guys at Pokemon Go Studios should hire me Im full of these ideas.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Good God I hope a game you can all argue about comes out soon.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

how does everyone pronounce ARMS

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
System = soft s, ergo sneSS

Graphical = hard g, ergo Gif

:smug:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
How is ARMS?
Wait for a sale?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

irlZaphod posted:

Eh ar em es

Or use the full acronym

Automated Returning Melee Springs

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Phantasium posted:

We call our ship the Nesbuchadsnezzer

Gesundheit!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

"bad"

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Do the characters in ARMs have actual arms tucked in their suits or are they weird robotic abominations?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

n/m I'm wrong.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 28, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Verisimilidude posted:

Do the characters in ARMs have actual arms tucked in their suits or are they weird robotic abominations?

It's a genetic mutation. The various gloves they wear are mechanical but the stretchy appendages are part of their bodies with the exception of Mechanica who wears a suit and Byte and Barq who are robots. Twintelle's mutation affected her hair instead of her arms.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sefal posted:

How is ARMS?
Wait for a sale?

If you like 1v1 ranked games or need a goofy party game its good. If not you'll probably want to skip it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Emron posted:

I don't know whether to pick up Cave Story or Minecraft for Bed Gaming purposes. Tough call

MC is way better for chillaxin' at night in bed IMO

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a genetic mutation. The various gloves they wear are mechanical but the stretchy appendages are part of their bodies with the exception of Mechanica who wears a suit and Byte and Barq who are robots. Twintelle's mutation affected her hair instead of her arms.

That 's genuinely disturbing

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I need Stardew Valley to come out so I can sleep.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Verisimilidude posted:

Spring Man, when asked about it "At first, it was a little weird, but then I thought "woah, stretchy arms!" That's so cool!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Verisimilidude posted:

All of Nintendo's new franchises are set in dystopian near-futures, they have their finger on the pulse of current events

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Also their masks apparently activate their hosed up arms because they revert to normal arms when they take their masks off.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They never revert to normal arms, they just coil them up to look normal

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
That's even weirder

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Have an avatar version.

Sefal posted:

How is ARMS?
Wait for a sale?

It's great fun. It's one of those games that's simple to learn but difficult to master, and great once you get the hang of punching dudes.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 28, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

I yell it since its in all caps.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
gonna be getting splatoon 2 in game gear with mynintendo points finally.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/162340899964 right at the bottom.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

fastbilly1 posted:

8bitdos controllers are BT, the Pokken controllers are USB. The reason I was most interested is that i mentioned the Pokken controller update to the guy who created the Blissbox and now he is working on updating the firmware so you can use the Blissbox with the Switch. So hopefully soon, pretty much any controller ever made will be Switch compatible.

Sweet deal, thanks Ventana

Will I be able to use my PS3 stick from when SF4 came out, or my PS2 hori stick with USB adapter?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sefal posted:

How is ARMS?
Wait for a sale?

Yes and no. Yes, wait for a sale, but no, because there'll never be one (first party Nintendo game and whatnot.)

ARMS is very light on content right now. They're taking the Splatoon approach; trickling in content for free each month or so. It's hard to call it a worthwhile purchase at $60, unless you're the type to milk hundreds of hours out of fighting games playing online and learning intricacies.

ARMS is really polarizing. Some people say it's sooooo good! While others say it's really bad. They're both wrong, because ARMS is just OK right now. With the right balance patches and content additions, it could become a good game, because it has a decent foundation right now. There's still a chance the slow, methodical gameplay won't jive with you, though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

gonna be getting splatoon 2 in game gear with mynintendo points finally.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/162340899964 right at the bottom.

It's pronounced Splahteauxn

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

ARMS is good if you like fighting games and really lovely if you don't like them. I don't really think more single-player content or other padding bullshit will make it good to weird people who like single-player fighting games. It's never going to have some full Injustice-level single player thing you can do.

I played the GP mode just long enough to unlock ranked, and I'll never touch party mode or non-ranked play again. It's probably worth it to me because I like fighting games, but I'm a bit worried that Nintendo will do a poor job with balance updates. For instance there are two stages right now that should not be on ranked mode (one is 100% bad, the other is like 50% bad) and I'm worried Nintendo will be Nintendo and refuse to remove them from ranked mode.

I still think it's too early to balance patch hard and nerf the poo poo out of stuff--I prefer to let it evolve more on its own until something really obviously overpowered happens--but I'm also worried that Nintendo will sleep on high-level play and ignore what is and isn't broken. Right now it's looking like 2-3 characters are way better than the rest, and the very straightforward arms are the best because you can safely spam them and build meter on whiff.

The slower characters are all seemingly quite bad , but I'm hoping people can figure out some cool counters and ways to use stuff that seems useless right now rather than just whining for Nintendo to balance patch when the game hasn't even been out for one month.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

angel opportunity posted:

Will I be able to use my PS3 stick from when SF4 came out, or my PS2 hori stick with USB adapter?
PS3 stick no - its USB and would have to have its firmware updated. Though it is only a matter of time before something like the Cthulu board is updated.
PS2 stick - eventually yes through Blissbox, no through generic USB adapter.

My understanding is that all these controllers are spoofing the Switch Pro Controller protocol. So anything USB will have to have updated firmware to spoof. Unlike the PS3 which just supports HID inputs.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I played the test punch and I had fun, but I also have no urge to continue playing it because it wasn't amazing and I don't feel like I'd get a ton out of it. But I don't normally like fighting games.

Conversely, I played the Splatoon 2 test fire and had a ton of fun and can't wait for it to come out.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I missed the Splatoon2 testfire but I played a fair bit of Splatoon1 and I'm pumped as HECK

HECK I say

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

fastbilly1 posted:

PS3 stick no - its USB and would have to have its firmware updated. Though it is only a matter of time before something like the Cthulu board is updated.
PS2 stick - eventually yes through Blissbox, no through generic USB adapter.

My understanding is that all these controllers are spoofing the Switch Pro Controller protocol. So anything USB will have to have updated firmware to spoof. Unlike the PS3 which just supports HID inputs.

K cool...

It's kind of annoying because there are some cool fighting games (SF2 and upcoming Pocket Rumble) coming to Switch but I don't want to buy a pro controller just to have a d-pad for fighting games when I usually play stick. I also don't think I could play any fighting game properly with shoulder buttons and not six front-facing buttons :/

Then again I question how much it's worth it to mod sticks to play on Switch when it doesn't even have a hard-wire ethernet cable so it will likely be laggy almost always

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Martytoof posted:

I missed the Splatoon2 testfire but I played a fair bit of Splatoon1 and I'm pumped as HECK

HECK I say

I really wish they'd throw another round of Testfires between now and July 21, but I guess they want people playing ARMS in the meantime.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'd like to have a full fledged demo because I didn't have time during the Test Fire to play. Just give me one map to try out and see if I can like this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

angel opportunity posted:

K cool...

It's kind of annoying because there are some cool fighting games (SF2 and upcoming Pocket Rumble) coming to Switch but I don't want to buy a pro controller just to have a d-pad for fighting games when I usually play stick. I also don't think I could play any fighting game properly with shoulder buttons and not six front-facing buttons :/

Then again I question how much it's worth it to mod sticks to play on Switch when it doesn't even have a hard-wire ethernet cable so it will likely be laggy almost always

I'm pretty sure Brook is making adapters for the Switch. This'll probably be the most cost-effective method of using a stick, although it'll add at least 1-2 frames of delay, if that bothers you.

• Locked thread