Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

This person has hundreds of similar negative tweets at @realDonaldTrump, most of them ending with that same emoticon configuration. She's also liked posts by Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and a men's magazine picture spread of nsfw lady butts.

Nothing makes any fuckig sense anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/WLWT/status/880086787179151360

gee how nice to be insane and not a thug

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

whos mad bby dahlia now do what i said :wink:

ah
welcum back

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Ekster posted:

btw anyone know of an online soure (preferrably free but paid is fine too) where i can read old newspapers? preferrably a newspaper that has good international coverage and goes back to the late 19th century/early 20th century, something like reuters or the new york times

i personally find old sources enlightening to figure out how situations developed to what they are now worldwide

check your local library (or college library if you are in college) for information about their ProQuest historical newspaper database subscriptions that you can use as a library customer. most libraries now will have a website you can log into from home (with a username/password you associate with your library card) and then from that you can access whatever ProQuest databases the library subscribes to on your behalf. it is impossible to exaggerate what a great resource the ProQuest historical newspaper databases are; they are like my favorite thing in the world

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

JFC I was saving that for when Mitt ran again, but I guess it's original meaning is more relevant nowadays. This was a stable in the early 80s in the wee early days of mixitude. Which was such a small thing back then that the flip side of this album was a different band, Soft Cell, performing Tainted Love.

Back when this song came out, ironically enough, everybody had the sense to not ride the white horse. I'm starting to think the heroin epidemic is the rapture and the false christians who have made themselves rich by ranting about the rapture won't ever see it happening in front of them because they've sold out so hard to the antichrist, a seat being currently filled by Donald Trump.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

brugroffil posted:

I forgot he threatened to do that

Everyone knows that Trump makes these threats backed up by nothing. He doesn't get that it doesn't work as well at this level yet.

also when you play at this level theres no ordinary venue
its iceland or the phillipines or mar-a-lago or the sinkhole just outside mar-a-lago

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Gringostar posted:

its not that they don't pay attention, it's that :foxnews: doesn't report on it so they won't know

Bbubbbbut how can I decide if they don't report?

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

i'm the 40% of Trump's base that "hasn't heard enough" about the new healthcare bill that was almost passed this week.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

This person has hundreds of similar negative tweets at @realDonaldTrump, most of them ending with that same emoticon configuration. She's also liked posts by Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and a men's magazine picture spread of nsfw lady butts.

Nothing makes any fuckig sense anymore

behold, for you have observed the bloody innards of the mind of an independent vota'

we count on these monstrosities on election day to regista as, and vote r

:votegop:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gringostar posted:

its not that they don't pay attention, it's that :foxnews: doesn't report on it so they won't know

what's the difference? paying attention to one news source might as well mean you're not paying attention to anything at all

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

boethius posted:

Bbubbbbut how can I decide if they don't report?

They recently dropped both their "fair and balanced" and "we report, you decide" slogans

A smidgen of honesty, at least.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

703 posted:

i'm the 40% of Trump's base that "hasn't heard enough" about the new healthcare bill that was almost passed this week.

like i said, :foxnews: viewer

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/WHOhd/status/880087153841242113

gross

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Some Ukrainian teenager is going to cause the Hoover dam to spin its turbines too fast and rupture, flooding thousands of homes, murdering hundreds, and causing billions of dollars of damage. Pay him 20 bitcoin or he'll do it again

:saddowns:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I know girls that were on the US team in the early to mid aughts

They have....bad stories of this guy.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

brugroffil posted:

They recently dropped both their "fair and balanced" and "we report, you decide" slogans

A smidgen of honesty, at least.

props then, Foxxo. Waiting for "Purestrain Crazy rear end Propoganda Machine" as their next slogan

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

trumps got people hella shook

i'm waiting for some sort of ghost dance type of movement to start happening

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/theafghanwhigs/status/880074089796206592

gently caress you 2017

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

This is one of the worst aspects of the Trump presidency

That foreign intelligence analyst someone posted earlier summed up the problem: every nation on earth has YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS of pure, unfiltered psychological data on Trump thanks to his twitter, so it's very easy for their psychologists to come up with infinite ways to manipulate him (the Saudis did this wonderfully: putting up billboards with Trump's face on them, running headlines in state-sponsored papers about how beautiful Melania looked and how great her fashion choices were). That was all it took to get Trump to lash out at our long-time ally.

seen

good post.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

brugroffil posted:

a smile slowly crept across my face as I read this

I've always felt that since we've generally worn out "-gate" we should start appending "-a-lago" to Trumples the Clown's multitudinous scandals and crimes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
imo reporters should dedicate all their time to poo poo like these fake Time magazine covers if they actually want to affect the Trump presidency because poo poo like that is all he cares about. If WaPo or CNN or whoever really wanted to gently caress with him they'd run front page stories about how his ratings were and are poo poo, talk about how he gets beat out by reruns of CSI: Buttraped Victims Unit or whatever. They could move the timeframe up on that inevitable heart attack by a few years.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/880088458827583489

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

FizFashizzle posted:

I know girls that were on the US team in the early to mid aughts

They have....bad stories of this guy.

:barf: :barf:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heres me insanely surprised that the gymanst coaches were pedophiles

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

tacodaemon posted:

trumps got people hella shook

i'm waiting for some sort of ghost dance type of movement to start happening

cant wait for the ghost dance if only for the transcripts of the confused phone calls to modi to try to end it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/Salon/status/880088460245192705

scientists fingering bats

the world gone mad

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

Marconnis going to gently caress with him somehow

playing the mamba???? (a snake, wow!!)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

but in all seriousness

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/880087788242083841

today has been loving hilarious

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Unequivocally fingered

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:nolan:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

imo reporters should dedicate all their time to poo poo like these fake Time magazine covers if they actually want to affect the Trump presidency because poo poo like that is all he cares about. If WaPo or CNN or whoever really wanted to gently caress with him they'd run front page stories about how his ratings were and are poo poo, talk about how he gets beat out by reruns of CSI: Buttraped Victims Unit or whatever. They could move the timeframe up on that inevitable heart attack by a few years.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/880082542254272513

fahrenthold is also asking for tips from trump club members about other suspicious looking magazine covers and stuff

remember that fahrenthold's twitter crowdsourcing is also how we know about that trump portrait that he spent his "charity" money on

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Narcissists are only affected by mirrors if there's no one else around, otherwise it's just fake news

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Baloogan looks at Lindsay Graham and coos "Peckerwould"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vertical Lime posted:

but in all seriousness

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/880087788242083841

today has been loving hilarious

lmao

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

bats in the eastern US are getting devastated by white nose syndrome :smith:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

thanks for the answers on old newspapers, i googled around a bit and found this wikipedia list and the google news archive for anyone else who's interested

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

petit choux posted:

JFC I was saving that for when Mitt ran again, but I guess it's original meaning is more relevant nowadays. This was a stable in the early 80s in the wee early days of mixitude. Which was such a small thing back then that the flip side of this album was a different band, Soft Cell, performing Tainted Love.

Back when this song came out, ironically enough, everybody had the sense to not ride the white horse. I'm starting to think the heroin epidemic is the rapture and the false christians who have made themselves rich by ranting about the rapture won't ever see it happening in front of them because they've sold out so hard to the antichrist, a seat being currently filled by Donald Trump.

this post took some turns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

with glowing red eyes and glistening fangs, these unspeakable giant bugs drop onto

• Locked thread