Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

I edited my post, but would you rather have Griffin or Hayward if you had to give up Bradley to get PG?

Griffin if his medicals check out and they hire a witch doctor to magick his bones whole when he breaks them

Realistically Hayward because he'll play in all of the games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I have no loving idea why Morey wants CP3 when we have a great point guard already

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

Was this a better deal for the Clippers than losing Butler was for the Bulls?

The Clippers got assets in return for a pending free agent. The Bulls traded away a player with two years left on his cheap deal.

And the Clippers didn't have to pick swap!!

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

So their starting line-up gonna look like this?

PG - Paul
SG - Harden
SF - Ariza
PF - Ryno
C - Capela

Key Bench - Eric Gordon, Nene, Harrell

I'm reading they're still trying to trade away Ryno.

Ryan Anderson's contract is bad but imo he's a good pick and pop partner for Harden / Paul. There are situations where he can't play defensively but I'm not sure I'd get rid of him

Also lol at the ensuing battle of Gordon Hayward and Blake Griffin both trying to convince Boston to sign them

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/880089618573557760

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

CP3 made it clear he wasn't going to return so it's all profit really. He did what the Pacers wish PG had done hahah

Yeah, but did the players and assets the Clippers got back vs what they gave up result in a better package than the same that the trade the Bulls did?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also do the Mavs laugh or get mad at CP3 for taking away their one free agent and then leaving anyways to strand him in LA?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Paul is opting in which means hes 24mil and not 32mil, Rockets still have a good amount of room to work with

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That would be a loving gift to the clippers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bring blake home 👏👏👏

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That seems like a pretty huge return for a sign and trade, or am I an idiot?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford on the same team, so I don't really see the Clippers taking a step back at all

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

Yeah, but did the players and assets the Clippers got back vs what they gave up result in a better package than the same that the trade the Bulls did?

Depends on if the Clippers are going to rebuild (Bye Doc) or try to cling to the playoffs (Hi Doc.) I don't think Lou Williams or Patrick Beverley are particularly useful on already bad teams and that 2018 pick will likely suck, so the Bulls trade might have resulted in better assets for a team trying to blow up

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

The Clippers got assets in return for a pending free agent. The Bulls traded away a player with two years left on his cheap deal.

And the Clippers didn't have to pick swap!!

So, Bulls gave up in-his-prime Butler with two years of team control left and a first round pick for injured young star LaVine, likely young bust Dunn, and a worse first round pick.

Clippers gave up past-his-prime CP3 who is going to be a free agent and got back an eh young player in Dekker, a good defensive roleplayer in Beverly, an established gunner in Lou Williams, and a (likely) late first round pick.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Trade Bev to Cleveland, imo

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Chris Paul sucks.

The Clippers get way worse but I don't think the Rockets get much better.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Professor Funk posted:

That seems like a pretty huge return for a sign and trade, or am I an idiot?

A few redundant role players and a garbage pick for CP's bird rights seems fine

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Depends on if the Clippers are going to rebuild (Bye Doc) or try to cling to the playoffs (Hi Doc.) I don't think Lou Williams or Patrick Beverley are particularly useful on already bad teams and that 2018 pick will likely suck, so the Bulls trade might have resulted in better assets for a team trying to blow up

Good point.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Respect to my man Morey. Can't wait to see how they play together.

G-Hawk posted:

Paul is opting in which means hes 24mil and not 32mil, Rockets still have a good amount of room to work with

I think we have different ideas of good amount.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

A few redundant role players and a garbage pick for CP's bird rights seems fine

Sam Dekker got some hype from Rockets fans last year but I assume that's just fans overhyping bench trash

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Jota posted:

Respect to my man Morey. Can't wait to see how they play together.

I think we have different ideas of good amount.

i mostly mean in terms of trades. It keeps Houston farther away from cap hell

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Metapod posted:

Bring blake home 👏👏👏

This would be pretty fun imo. The Thunder would basically just be a dunk line.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Sam Dekker got some hype from Rockets fans last year but I assume that's just fans overhyping bench trash

hes a rotation player, maybe a replacement level starter at best long term. Hes a useful part but nothing to write home about.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tae posted:

Also do the Mavs laugh or get mad at CP3 for taking away their one free agent and then leaving anyways to strand him in LA?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/jonahkeri/status/880091500943724544

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Chris Paul is a really good player and maybe it's just me but I don't see how he fits with Harden who controls most of the ball. The styles don't mesh.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sacramento apparently is giving Bogdan a $30M/3year deal. Vlade is collecting weapons

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

He looks real goofy with the ball but has hops. I think he was included in the deal so the Clippers would take Sweet Lou instead of Gordon.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Both, that season it would have been cool. Now it's better to go younger and have Noel, especially while the Warriors are together.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I hate my stupid stout Division

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CP3 and Harden team up. Become home insurance defectors

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Redick's gotta be gone too, right?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I hate my stupid stout Division

Paying Chandler Parsons as much as an all-NBA player is basically gonna leave the squad twisted until 2020.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Reminder Griffin followed IT on Instagram like a week ago. I think he is gone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rad Valtar posted:

Chris Paul is a really good player and maybe it's just me but I don't see how he fits with Harden who controls most of the ball. The styles don't mesh.

CP3 is a 41% 3pt shooter.

They will fit together fine.

Just because CP3 has never been on a team where he didn't have to carry the ball handling duties doesn't mean he is incapable of being a shooter when the situation demands it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

He was gone anyways, definitely

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rad Valtar posted:

they both have great jump shots and staggering minutes for 2 dudes is really easy. they should be able to play together fine

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Aren't the Nets rumored to be planning on giving him a big deal?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Doesn't Chris Paul hate playing uptempo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Lou Williams and Pat Beverly seem like perfect dudes to just flip almost immediately or at the trade deadline.

• Locked thread