Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

G-Hawk posted:

well ryan anderson or eric gordon would make it work contract wise but i have no idea what they can offer that indiana wants

Larry's not here anymore so we don't have the obsession we had with Eric Gordon anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

pubic works project posted:

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/880086126958043136

Say hello to the Lance Stephenson Point Guard Show! Hope you survive the experience!

wtf no Teague would be a terrible acquisition for the Knicks

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goddamnit, I wanted to believe :negative:

More quality content from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/880095578050494464

What team that could sign him would benefit from Point Blake?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

wtf no Teague would be a terrible acquisition for the Knicks

How so

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Apparently Paul shot 49% on catch and shoot 3s last season. Harden 38%. Heh.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Melo and Wade rumors are hilarious. So this is what it feels like having washed up stars rushing to catch onto your team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like I said I'm pretty sure Paul is relishing the chance to not need to put all of his energy into carrying and being the primary ball handler for an offense.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

G-Hawk posted:

Apparently Paul shot 49% on catch and shoot 3s last season. Harden 38%. Heh.

Are there people that don't know Chris Paul is an extremely good shooter?

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 28, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Are there people that don't know Chris Paul is an extremely good shooter?

*raises hand*

I knew he was good just based on watching him sink 3s in the games I watched. I didn't know he was THAT good though.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/880104138494812160

Morey just getting warmed up

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Gortat and Keef for DeAndre Jordan

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I knew CP3 was a good shooter, didn't know he was shoot the drat lights out good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm Beverly is a lot closer to cp3 than I thought

Good point guys

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Playing up tempo when you are expected to both carry an offensive load and defend the best guard all game loving sucks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:thunk:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Miami, Denver, various bad teams that he won't go to

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

theres trade exceptions involved

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahaha

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blake Griffin to Charlotte imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jj not going back to lac per Windhoesrt

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Per Windhorst Redick informed LAC he won't be back.

Brooklyn and Philly, start your engines.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Rockets are under the cap now that the season ended.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Teague is the league's most average PG. They already have an average PG. It's a nonsense lateral move

and before the last half hour when Frank developed career ending knee problems it would've been a backcourt filled with average that stopped their rookie from getting any development minutes

Lockback posted:

I hate to say this, but if they are dropping the Triangle a trade for Rubio makes a lot of drat sense. They can put other shooters around him, Rubio would make King Zing a beast, Melo would benefit from playing off-ball more. I'm not sure what they'd give up though.

It would've been a fine acquisition before, which is why Jackson was looking at it? But Melo doesn't play off-ball unless he's on the Olympic Team so that's a moot point

everyone who tries to get Melo to play off-ball gets fired

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/_TheSalesman/status/880104808451117056

Sums up my feelings.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

At this point do the Clippers even resign Blake? Or do you let him walk, shop deandre and do a full-rear end rebuild?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
interesting move for the rockets. not sure how to feel about it. sure, chris paul is always a good addition, but the harden PG experiment seemed to be working really well and even though CP3 shoots 3s well, isn't he just replacing other players that did the same?

i looked up his stats and he's definitely an improvement. he shot like 41% from 3 last year and giving harden some relief in handling the ball will do wonders. he's not patrick beverly, but his defense is still really good. plus not being the focus of the offense all game might relieve some of his injury tendencies.

basically, i wasn't sold on this deal but now i am. good move for the rockets.

but gently caress the warriors. now we have playoff teams blowing up all over the drat place. they're loving ruining the league and there are going to be like 4 super teams that dominate all the competition for like 2 more seasons. boring as gently caress

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

euphronius posted:

It would bigly. He could do that for years.
Lets retire the word bigly and also its cousin big league. A thought I had

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

General Dog posted:

I like Chris Paul, but I can't help but feel like the Spurs dodged a bullet here. The team needs to make some moves, but going all in on him at this juncture seemed like a strange move.

Depending on the rest of the roster I think he would put the Spurs just shy of the Warriors. A little luck and they could easily win a championship.

I can't tell if I'm delusional or not but the Spurs seem like a better fit by a million miles. The Rockets already have a point guard that is arguably better than Paul himself.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh Chris
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/880067393057300480

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm trying to think what coaches are on the hot seat that isn't on a rebuilding team that Doc Rivers could go work for because Lord knows he's not staying on the Clippers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

If HOU somehow magically trades for Paul George, his powers would merge with Chris Paul's to form Chris Paul George who would dominate all.

Also HOU would officially be my West team forever.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

interesting move for the rockets. not sure how to feel about it. sure, chris paul is always a good addition, but the harden PG experiment seemed to be working really well and even though CP3 shoots 3s well, isn't he just replacing other players that did the same?

i looked up his stats and he's definitely an improvement. he shot like 41% from 3 last year and giving harden some relief in handling the ball will do wonders. he's not patrick beverly, but his defense is still really good. plus not being the focus of the offense all game might relieve some of his injury tendencies.

but gently caress the warriors. now we have playoff teams blowing up all over the drat place. they're loving ruining the league and there are going to be like 4 super teams that dominate all the competition for like 2 more seasons. boring as gently caress

Well, yes. Except 4 super teams means 2 good playoff series instead of 1

Need to get rid of the player max salary imo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Carlosologist posted:

The Pelicans. Him and Cousins become our version of the two PG system.

https://twitter.com/SchwanBSS/status/880102970595188737

:unsmigghh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

OTOH the Rockets are probably going to give Paul the supermax for his ages 33-38 seasons so the majority of Harden's prime will be lost when he's either stuck on a team with an oft injured and aging former point god on a roster that has little flexibility because he'll also be on the supermax or he'll leave for a better chance to win elsewhere

The Warriors seem like the only one of the superteams that is actually sustainable for more than a couple of seasons

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man Paul George is going to have the constant ability and access to knock up the best strippers if he goes to Houston.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

pubic works project posted:

*raises hand*

I knew he was good just based on watching him sink 3s in the games I watched. I didn't know he was THAT good though.

He used to compete against Jannero Pargo in games of around-the-world in order to help improve his spot-up 3s.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Paul Zuvella posted:

At this point do the Clippers even resign Blake?

I mean, yeah. They've got him and DeAndre and some cap space, do what you can until those guys leave.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

RaySmuckles posted:

I think you'll feel fine about it once you watch him play. He's one of the best PGs of all time. With a bit of minutes staggering The Rockets can put out 48 minutes of absurd offensive dominance

or maybe he'll get injured trying to play up-tempo and turn into Deron Williams next year and the contract will hang on the team and ruin them, hmm

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Chris Paul joined the team he blew a 3-1 lead against

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Dexo posted:

I'm trying to think what coaches are on the hot seat that isn't on a rebuilding team that Doc Rivers could go work for because Lord knows he's not staying on the Clippers.

CLEVELAND

Is Blake's paperwork through or can he do the same thing that Paul did, i.e. take the option and get traded?

• Locked thread