Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

1. Bad Weather
2. Perfect STorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

1. History Maker
2. Bad Weather

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
1. Perfect Storm
2. Bad Weather

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
1.History Maker
2. Bad Weather

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

1. History Maker
2. Perfect Storm

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Oh, welp, I missed Yooper's time warning. Oh well, next time.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
1. History Maker
2. Bad Weather

Loel" posted:

War is, in fact, our business :v:

True, I kinda asked for that :v:
But our thing is corporate wars and civil wars, not region-destabilizing wars that could potentially involve Hiroshima 2.0 and end in Mad Max Command.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

History Maker
Bad Weather

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Bad Weather
Perfect Storm

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

1) Perfect Storm
2)Bad Weather

Coiler121
May 26, 2017
1. History Maker
2. Bad Weather

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

PenguinSalsa posted:

True, I kinda asked for that :v:
But our thing is corporate wars and civil wars, not region-destabilizing wars that could potentially involve Hiroshima 2.0 and end in Mad Max Command.

Why do you think the Indians sent us away so quickly after the Lhasa strike? We hit the Chinese pride so hard with that strike that it very conceivably could have led to PRC forces crossing the border into India. Do you think Angola is more stable after our campaign there? Everything we've done has been horrifically destabilizing for the regions we've been in. We're pretty American in that regard thinking about it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coffeehitler posted:

Why do you think the Indians sent us away so quickly after the Lhasa strike? We hit the Chinese pride so hard with that strike that it very conceivably could have led to PRC forces crossing the border into India. Do you think Angola is more stable after our campaign there? Everything we've done has been horrifically destabilizing for the regions we've been in. We're pretty American in that regard thinking about it.

If the PRC didn't want to escalate with India they maybe shouldn't have shot down half the loving Indian air force.

I'm still kinda astonished that battle didn't lead to an actual war. Downing that many jets in an engagement is unheard of in the modern world, usually.

euthy
Sep 26, 2007

May you and your family live without suffering, but for the rest... Thanks for not breeding VHEMT
Grimey Drawer
1. Perfect Storm
2. History Maker

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Night10194 posted:

If the PRC didn't want to escalate with India they maybe shouldn't have shot down half the loving Indian air force.

I'm still kinda astonished that battle didn't lead to an actual war. Downing that many jets in an engagement is unheard of in the modern world, usually.

Yeah, I am still astounded how thoroughly the Rafales lost. I would Have thought it'd be much closer.

That kinda casualty rate would be immensely notable.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Coffeehitler posted:

Actually, we came into Angola when there were three factions actively at war. When we left there was one faction in control, no open fighting and external powers with a heavy interest in keeping things from going hot again. It might deteriorate but we made the place more, not less stable. Whether that lasts is a political question, but our involvement made politics possible there.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah, I am still astounded how thoroughly the Rafales lost. I would Have thought it'd be much closer.

That kinda casualty rate would be immensely notable.

I'm not, that was always the likely outcome (the Rafales actually did better than expected). I'm just more surprised that it didn't lead to the Indian public calling for blood. It was a direct battle between state actors following serious escalation by putting those 5th gens on the border in the first place. That's the kind of poo poo that leads to real wars.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Which was immediately followed by the 5th gens getting punked by a bunch of assholes with jet trainers. Both sides got embarrassed hard and blaming us so we could leave and take the heat with us in order to deescalate is a natural use of a PMC.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'd say so if China wasn't constantly following us around the globe sticking their dick into hornets nests out of sheer buttmad.

E: We have tied up a pretty significant amount of China's ability to project force in project gently caress Goons. Yes, they generally have other, tangential interests like in Angola, but they are pretty thirsty for goon blood.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Night10194 posted:

I'd say so if China wasn't constantly following us around the globe sticking their dick into hornets nests out of sheer buttmad.

E: We have tied up a pretty significant amount of China's ability to project force in project gently caress Goons. Yes, they generally have other, tangential interests like in Angola, but they are pretty thirsty for goon blood.

I am pretty sure we're the tangential interests. Angola was international dick waving and a chance to corner the lithium market, and shipping missiles to BSNC isn't gonna break the bank - hell, it might be worth it just to see how well those anti-ship missiles fare against a halfway decent military. Plus, there's no way China isn't getting into fights we don't see, that's what major powers do.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
1. History maker.
2. Bad Weather.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
1. History maker.
2. Bad Weather.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Coffeehitler posted:

Yes, I'd argue that Angola is more stable for the reasons that Anta mentioned. Angola's not necessarily in a better position but it's certainly more stable (for the moment).
Lhasa ended far worse and it's amazing that China and India backed down so easily but that's not entirely unexpected since both sides made an extremely costly mistake and probably decided that a war wasn't worth it.
Far better to blame a PMC to save face. It's kinda funny that profit has been a bigger motivator for escalation than national pride.

loving everything up and leaving without fully understanding or even learning the consequences is an important theme of the LP but we haven't even been close to starting WW3. Yet.

*Fake edit: The Goons are probably worth extra whatever the Chinese equivalent of destructobux is. Not a primary target.

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 28, 2017

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

PenguinSalsa posted:

loving everything up and leaving without fully understanding or even learning the consequences is an important theme of the LP but we haven't even been close to starting WW3. Yet.

Get us the nuke, we'll get there!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
History Maker
Bad Weather

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
History Maker
Bad Weather

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bust out your hockey mustaches, lace up the skates, and prepare to make history!

Zack, Jack, and a dude named Louie, have some amazing options for a nuclear weapon. I'll elaborate more tomorrow, but we have to pick who gets it in case we happen to find one.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

sebmojo posted:

nukes aren't complex, it's getting the materials.

We might at least get to find out what FOGBANK is, I guess...

Crazycryodude posted:

If China gets so much as a hint of this, there's a chance they will literally nuke Japan. Definitely start a war, at the bare minimum. Never in a billion years can we let them find out.

Or, at least, we need to have a plan to get insanely rich off of them finding out if we're gonna tattle.

Yes, this. I don't think starting a nuclear war in Japan is in any way a good idea.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 29, 2017

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

David Corbett posted:

Yes, this. I don't think starting a nuclear war in Japan is in any way a good idea.

3rd time is the charm so they say when it comes to nuking Japan!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Don't stop us now, we'll fly straight and true, we are here to make history!
Let's make it happen, let's turn this around, yes! We are here to make history!

(Seriously, though, I was not aware of the Goon reference...at all.)

Script for Bacarruda is incoming as we speak!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I swear to God if you boy scouts don't keep the nuke you should all have your cool mercenary licenses revoked.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

David Corbett posted:

We might at least get to find out what FOGBANK is, I guess...

:tenbux: says it's delicious cotton candy

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TildeATH posted:

I swear to God if you boy scouts don't keep the nuke you should all have your cool mercenary licenses revoked.

I disagree.

Anyway, in other news, I found an appropiately :japan: soundtrack for our next operation!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSogA-vzQWM

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

TildeATH posted:

Looks like someone didn't get S ranks in The Phantom Pain. :smuggo:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Nice to finally catch up in full, please put me on the roster as RedDan

I want to poke the fogbank with a stick a bit, and I hope that can be worked into any proposed plans

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

No, I didn't get hit by a truck, just worked some very long shifts with a Lithuanian consultant and now am dealing with a head cold. Yay. So here's some goodies! Working on the mission, I've got some awesome audio clips this time through as well. You guys will like this.

We've been able to narrow some details down on this supposed weapon on St. Lawrence.

In 2017 Mitsuhashi devised a new way to deep water dredge in order to scrape out every calorie from the ocean. International waters was the best as they could just go balls deep and drag everything from coelacanths to sharks and turn em all into Frosty's Fish Fingers. It worked loving awesome. All of this was the brainchild of... Hiroto Hasegawa.

Soon they were dredging up aircraft. Old boats. Schooners. Galleons. They had no idea what might come up next. Most of it was shitcanned right down again and then Hiroto realized that there was still valuable stuff on the bottom. So they moseyed on over to the K-219 and started zigging and zagging. They brought up a handful of warheads. Mitsuhashi corporate was in a bind. They were priceless, but who would actually buy them? Most any authority would just seize them. So they did some discrete shopping to South Africa, Mexico, Thailand, and Tiawan. The rest is history.

Except Mitsuhashi went back to K-219 after the Kamchatka civil war went hot and the prime fishing grounds were shutdown. Hiroto oversaw another dredge and this time they pulled up three devices. One was missing the fissile material while the other two were in very bad shape. The Taiwanese were slated to purchase those as well but the deal fell through once the Branson Missouri Peace Talks and Precious Moments Outlet Store fired up. But the Taiwanese couldn't let Mitsuhashi walk, word could never get out how exactly Taiwan got the weapons. So Taiwan was the intermediary between AngerPEACE and Mitsuhashi. At the end of the day Hiroto had no idea who the final buyer was. The Taiwanese needed the money. Mitsuhashi needed the money.

Midori Hasegawa wanted the money. She followed the truly priceless artifact, the devices, and that's where we are today.

Zack, Jack, and Louie have all found some potential buyers if, and this is a big if, we secure a device.

First is Zack's Contact.

Sammie St. Vincent is from the company. One time love interest to Zack. At least until Zack went full fantasy football. She's a career operative and is going out on a limb for us. If she can secure the device it'll open promotions for her, and possibly procurement for us.

$300 mil

Next is Jack's contact.

After Microsoft and Amazon merged into MicroZon they were at a significant disadavantage in comparison to the WalTarget congolmerate and of course the Apple-Tesla-Facebook triumvirate. Jack has clients within all of these and MicroZon thinks if they detonate one of these babies near a Facebook data center it'll do wonders for the stock price.

$350 mil

Louie is a connection through Klaus and Pedersen. Once we inquired about the NBC capabilities of the Gripens, K&P passed word to Louie who represents the IAEA.

These guys have been trying to prove their worthiness since the whole Taiwan-China thing. Finally securing a weapon would make a nice feather in the ole cap. It'll make a few people happy,. Saab, K&P, etc, but once word gets out the MicroZon conglomerate and the Company won't be happy.

$275 mil

So there it is Hired Goons. Pick one. The Good? The Bad? The Ugly? I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Given we're going to need a shitload of new Grippens, helping the people who sell Grippens seems best for us.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
C. Louie, Louie

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why would the company be upset if the iaea got the nuke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
C.) - Louie