Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Nellistos posted:

Had the iPad , tap bookmarks, crash case.
Works now.

Thank you sir.
Consider adding dummy micros so we can donate sth.

"Like others here, I, too, had the error of having the app crash when tapping Bookmarks. Now, with the latest update, this problem is resolved.

Thank you, sir.

Please consider adding micro transactions to the app, so that I and others can donate money."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Just wanted to verify that latest update fixed the bookmarks crash on ipad2.
Great app, would donate if there was such option.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

The new patch fixed my bookmarks on 5c. Cheers!

Same, thanks! :neckbeard:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Images don't seem to be displaying in the lepers colony. Is that new in 3.25?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

carry on then posted:

This is something with iOS that we don't control. You'll need to visit youtube.com in Safari and scroll up so you get the "Open in the Youtube app" banner and hit that. I think that should set it to go back to using the app again. Note that if you ever open something in the app and then hit the top right status bar link to continue to the site, it'll start opening all youtube links in Safari again.

Holy poo poo that worked! Thank you very much.
I had no idea that that was something that could change. I must've fat thumbed the link that shows up in the wee upper right in the app sometimes.

Thanks again!

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

pwn posted:

"Like others here, I, too, had the error of having the app crash when tapping Bookmarks. Now, with the latest update, this problem is resolved.

Thank you, sir.

Please consider adding micro transactions to the app, so that I and others can donate money."

This guy gets its.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Long press, format, code still crashes the app. Not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in the last update though

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Crime on a Dime posted:

Long press, format, code still crashes the app. Not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in the last update though

No, I was too slow. Next update, should be.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I've done double posts a couple times now where I lose connection while posting, get an error, assume it hasn't posted and post again but then find I've double posted. The error said something about an image. Is this a known issue?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hello forum,

I am the OP of a thread. Is there a way to close it through the awful app?

thank you

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I've been unable to load my bookmarks since the forums were broken with an SSL cert error for a few hours last night. Maybe related, maybe not.

I've tried force closing Awful,clearing cache in the app settings, and logging out. Any other ideas?

edit: deleting the app fixed it.

eddiewalker fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 8, 2017

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Hey pokeyman/contributors, I'm thinking about opening some of these new feature requests as Issues instead of/in addition to putting it on the big list. Any objections?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
I had to reinstall the app to fix bookmarks, too.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

quotes aren’t hotlinking correctly.
ios 11 beta iphone 7.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

baram. posted:

quotes aren’t hotlinking correctly.
ios 11 beta iphone 7.

Just based on the screenshot, I think that's iOS 11's smart punctuation messing with the bbcode.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Diabolik900 posted:

Just based on the screenshot, I think that's iOS 11's smart punctuation messing with the bbcode.

e: it sure is!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
How do I put a user on ignore while using the app?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

When the forums were down the other day, the error handling of the app wasn't awesome. Really, non existent: it just loaded empty forums and bookmark screens. Was it giving a 200 Success return code or something?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Any guesses as to why this app takes up almost 6 gb on my iPad?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Usually a cache thing. There's an empty cache button at the top of the settings tab just below log out

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Puppy Galaxy posted:

do you read the trump thread?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
just get a big phone and rest easy knowing the pearls of this forum live eternally in your hand

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

101 posted:

Usually a cache thing. There's an empty cache button at the top of the settings tab just below log out

Perfect, thanks!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Think something might be wrong with fetching the forum list. Restored on a new device from backup today and this is the forum list now:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
A couple of avatars are not showing up for me even after clearing cache. If this is not a known problem let me know and I'll get examples

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Is there ever going to be an iMessages app for SA emojis? I'd pay for that.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
? The awful app does that

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Crime on a Dime posted:

? The awful app does that

poo poo, thanks!

For some reason the emoji keyboard isn't full size, what's the fix for that?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
no idea, but it works in iMessage

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Am I going crazy? I was going to post asking why embedded twitter videos don't work any more - but reading back from January I get the impression that maybe it never worked? Or maybe it broke earlier than that (it doesn't seem like it's been broken long). I uninstalled/reinstalled and I'm on iOS10.3.2 - here's how I remember it working. Twitter post loads and video preview shows with a blue play arrow on it. Press the play arrow, the preview whites out as if it's loading and then shows with a white play arrow, and hitting that plays the video. At the moment all of this still happens but pressing the second play button does nothing now. Maybe it used to work in iOS9? I held off updating for ages.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

That's how it currently works for me and has for a while.

E:
https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/887384201732816896

iPad Pro, 10.3.2

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 19, 2017

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah I'm using a iPhone 5 at the moment at it won't work. I think it's underpowered for such a task. IPad pro works every time.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

theflyingexecutive posted:

That's how it currently works for me and has for a while.

E:
https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/887384201732816896

iPad Pro, 10.3.2
Works perfectly for me. iPhone 6s Plus, 10.3.2

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

spanky the dolphin posted:

Yeah I'm using a iPhone 5 at the moment at it won't work. I think it's underpowered for such a task. IPad pro works every time.

The iPhone 5 is a 32-bit phone. Apple's preparing for a hard break (only supporting 64-bit) and we still don't have much idea what the fallout will be for 32-bit iOS devices. We already know they aren't getting iOS 11 but we don't know how long security patches or app downloads will be available.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Ah that could be it, mine's an ipad 4th gen, 32 bit. Just plain weird that it used to work fine and stopped. I can view the vid if I open the tweet in a browser, just not in the awful app embeds.

edit to add: oh god I support the ipads at my work (a school) and they're all 4th gen, I hope they don't just fall out of support and stop working D:

Stoca Zola fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 19, 2017

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Sadly we don't have much control over embedded videos, they behave how the web view decides they should behave. One thing we do have on the list is to move the web view to a newer one, but I couldn't say whether that would make older device compatibility better or worse, sorry.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
The avatar for forums user PinkoBastard doesn't render at all. Latest iOS, iPhone 7+

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I was trying to post in The Goon Doctor, a new thread, but preview was always grayed out.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

`Nemesis posted:

I was trying to post in The Goon Doctor, a new thread, but preview was always grayed out.

You have to pick a thread tag. In the non dark theme the left part of the subject line is more obvious that a thread tag hasn't been selected. Tap in that area and pick a thread tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

GutBomb posted:

You have to pick a thread tag. In the non dark theme the left part of the subject line is more obvious that a thread tag hasn't been selected. Tap in that area and pick a thread tag.

Hmm, that is a pretty big issue. I'll look into it.

• Locked thread