Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Huffpo is getting the usual morons to make their hot take fb posts about 'typical wrestling fans', which is funny given that like, all the wrestling fans I know are relatively affluent and liberal themselves. Not to mention that all wrestling fans are in on the act and enjoy the poo poo out of it.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
There was a study a few years ago that shows wrestling fans lean harder blue than most major sports short of basket all

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There was a study a few years ago that shows wrestling fans lean harder blue than most major sports short of basket all

Yep, one of the bigger nonvoting groups too tho

Wrestling, to me, is good as hell

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I 100% unironically believe pro wrestling is one of the great innovative American art forms

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I 100% unironically believe pro wrestling is one of the great innovative American art forms

I was a fan back in the Rock days of WWE and admittedly haven't watched much since, but I'm sure as poo poo taking my son every time I can when it comes to town if he's down.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Here's my favorite literary theorist of all time basically explaining how Pro Wrestling is the descendant of Greek Theatre

http://www.ngca.co.uk/docs/Barthes_WorldOfWrestling.pdf

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wrestling, to me, is good as hell
Same but I loving hate WWE these days

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

Same but I loving hate WWE these days

I started getting into Wrestle Circus after they started uploading their stuff on Twitch

And I will always defend Chikara Pro as the best company ever until they day I die

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Word is that a roided out Sikh is the current champ, would love to blast my quads and hammies with my new idol over loud bhangra tracks

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Maybe slip him some clomid after a grueling session

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

College football skewing way more conservative is funny. I get that it's because all the hick states like Alabama don't have an NFL team to root for, but I figure most would hate intelligent elitists.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 28, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

WNBA breaks the scale, ha.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
LPGA turning out hard for NPR

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Do you feel the same about soap operas in general or just this one specific one

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It doesn't taken an athlete to perform in a soap opera

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Do you feel the same about soap operas in general or just this one specific one

Comparing pro wrestling to soap operas shows a pedestrian understanding of both mediums

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 28, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jesus Christ, General Hospital has run almost 14000 episodes :stare:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
John McEnroe was right

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

seiferguy posted:

google "coronation street"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

It doesn't taken an athlete to perform in a soap opera

It doesn't take an athlete to do roids and keep up with a regular weight lifting regimen either.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

It doesn't take an athlete to do roids and keep up with a regular weight lifting regimen either.

Well someone doesn't watch baseball

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Volkerball posted:

To borrow from Mel, assuming all wrestlers take steroids shows a pedestrian understanding of how professional wrestlers train

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Eli Wiggum posted:

To borrow from Mel, assuming all wrestlers take steroids shows a pedestrian understanding of how professional wrestlers train

They definitely do though, which puts them in good company with most other athletes from most other sports.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

seiferguy posted:

College football skewing way more conservative is funny. I get that it's because all the hick states like Alabama don't have an NFL team to root for, but I figure most would hate intelligent elitists.

Have you heard of this SEC

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

It's not surprising at all. Rich people vote republican and rich people are the benefactors of college football. Not in any way surprised that college football skews right.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

Getting accused of not using critical thinking and in depth analysis to draw conclusions by the equivalent of a NASCAR fan

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

a neat cape posted:

John McEnroe was right

PRINT THE SHIRTS

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

guiding light had over 18,000 episodes between radio and tv

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

John McEnroe was right

Well yeah. It's like how can people get mad when you say 2 is greater than 1.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Well yeah. It's like how can people get mad when you say 2 is greater than 1.

Its not that anyone disagrees women aren't as strong as men. People are upset by it because a generational talent who is miles above her peers is seen as secondary because men are stronger.

It's like claiming Demetrious Johnson could not be the best fighter ever because a heavyweight could beat him in a fight

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Serena is the most accomplished tennis player ever. She isn't the best tennis player right now because she'd lose to a bunch of people.

Is this a thing because June Sports

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Serena is the most accomplished tennis player ever. She isn't the best tennis player right now because she'd lose to a bunch of people.

So the best boxer is automatically a heavyweight no question?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Horse racing skewing left is always a surprise to me.

a neat cape posted:

Yuuuuup. Well, that and this an opportunitiy for the male gender equivalent of t-shirt fans get to post their "Back to the Kitchen" memes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol the people we are buying from can't loving decide on their rent back period

They demanded until 7/28
They accepted until 7/21
Then they told us they only need until 7/14
Now they want it until 7/17

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So the best boxer is automatically a heavyweight no question?

I think it's cause she's super preggo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's because she made more money than him

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I mean I dont think he did it maliciously as much as it's weird sports gender politics

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

But she's not the most accomplished ever.

that'd probably be Martina Navratilova.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

But she's not the most accomplished ever.

that'd probably be Martina Navratilova.

how are we defining most accomplished?

Serena has more grand slams right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
How did we get to women's tennis chat? :psyduck:

• Locked thread