Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Martytoof posted:

Looks like it's on sale through the 4th. I picked it up just now and am excited to try it out. I hear it's not very long but that's allright for what it is.

I'm also thinking about minecraft. I've never gotten into it because I just can't be bothered to boot up my gaming PC /just/ to play it, but maybe if it's on a console I might. I'll probably wait for some kind of sale for that one as well.

Just an anecdote but I've probably played more Minecraft than anything else in my life, and I still boot it up every so often just to start a new world. It is really good (and popular for a good reason), and mining deep underground late at night is one of the more relaxing things in gaming I can think of.

That said, $30 is kind of a bad price when it is often half that (or less) on other consoles. I don't know that the digital versions ever go on sale, but to get it for cheaper we might have to wait until physical versions show up and then people start buying and selling those used. Or just spend the $30 on a game that could easily fill 3000 hours. I don't have it for Switch yet but I know it's kind of inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Look at this idiot:

https://twitter.com/LinkedHeroX_/status/879395543457427458

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So apparently that one video Larry Bundy Jr. did about Miyamoto half a year ago caught on with a lot of people. Even though pretty much every point made in the video much debunked I've still seen people in the past few days wondering why those European guys who worked on Star Fox 2 are jazzed about it finally seeing an official release when they were never payed for it.

Because they were paid for it. Those, those five or so guys who were contracted to work on it got payed. They were payed twenty-years ago.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao that's like $19 worth of trade in at GameStop

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

if you wait for the right time you can pretty much get eBay value or better in some cases. i traded in majoras mask for 3ds and got $44 whereas on eBay you can get one for $25 or so.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

He said he got "close to $300" with a "70% bonus towards games".

I guess in the grand scheme of things, 20 is close to 300.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does anyone have a link to the extra 70% towards trades at GameStop? If that's the case I retract my lmao and I'm gathering up stuff to trade

Anyone? I can't find it anywhere

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 28, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So apparently that one video Larry Bundy Jr. did about Miyamoto half a year ago caught on with a lot of people. Even though pretty much every point made in the video much debunked I've still seen people in the past few days wondering why those European guys who worked on Star Fox 2 are jazzed about it finally seeing an official release when they were never payed for it.

Because they were paid for it. Those, those five or so guys who were contracted to work on it got payed. They were payed twenty-years ago.

drat that video is extra dumb

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Viewtiful Jew posted:

anybody on Youtube that has some dumbass cartoon of themselves as their avatar/banner is monumentally dumb, fat and ugly.

e: case in point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1zsY55GUas

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Drunk Tomato posted:

He said he got "close to $300" with a "70% bonus towards games".

I guess in the grand scheme of things, 20 is close to 300.

He's probably lying in an effort to save face as the entire internet tells him how badly he hosed up.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Louisgod posted:

anybody on Youtube that has some dumbass cartoon of themselves as their avatar/banner is monumentally dumb, fat and ugly.

And many who don't!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TheScott2K posted:

He's probably lying in an effort to save face as the entire internet tells him how badly he hosed up.

Why would he lie? Gamestop is very overt in how they throw money away these days to stay relevant. I paid for my Switch and BOTW with an old 3ds and 6 games I never played. You even get whatever your state's sales tax is as a bonus basically because they don't tax trade in credit when you pay with it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 28, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Louisgod posted:

At least a dumb stylized and inaccurate cartoon of yourself is better than...

Ok so the reason I even made the last post is because I found a channel a little while ago someone recommended for "Elder Scrolls Lore". I don't know if it was this forum or GAF or somewhere else but in any case I visit the channel and see this video right away. The dude took everything Larry's video said hook, line and sinker. Even the part about how RARE willingly sold themselves to Microsoft to get away from Nintendo even though that's like, not in the least how things went down.

Look at his main channel banner. Look at it and tell me a stupid cartoon caricature wouldn't be better than that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got a ps4 in september of 2014 for no extra cost trading in an original wii, a bunch of wii controller types and like 10 games.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Nah, Nintendo games are worth a lot, even at GameStop. I got like $270 or so back in February for maybe 15 Wii and 3DS games. And they pretty much were all Mario and Zelda games.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The only Argonauts employee with sour grapes about the cancellation was the founder, Jez San. He had the most to lose from it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sunning posted:

The only Argonauts employee with sour grapes about the cancellation was the founder, Jez San. He had the most to lose from it.

Yeah I noticed he's pretty much been the sole source of a lot of deez sour grapes, considering when contacted people like Dylan have been like "That seems like a pretty big stretch." when they hear someone say that Mario 64 was really Argonaut's idea, Nintendo had never planned to make some sort of 3D Mario game before being pitched one and Miyamoto personally stole it from these guys like the Grinch on Christmas Eve.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's funny Star Fox 2 is going to go from never released to #21 top selling SNES game in a few months

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's funny Star Fox 2 is going to go from never released to #21 top selling SNES game in a few months

I don't know how that's possible considering they're only gonna be making like fifty SNES Classics at most.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't know how that's possible considering they're only gonna be making like fifty SNES Classics at most.

They made 2.3 million NES Classics and will make significantly more than that for the SNES. 21st best selling game was Super Street Fighter 2, which sold 2 million, so they beat it by default if they truly make more. (Though Super is the version Japan gets, so I guess Star Fox 2 will come in at 22)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I got $30 just for MK8 (which I traded in towards 8DX)

Gamestop sucks in a lot of ways, but you can get good deals there.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Yeah if you just walk in desperate to sell something right there you're gonna get hosed, but if you can wait and game the promos and coupons you can do okay.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

Yeah if you just walk in desperate to sell something right there you're gonna get hosed, but if you can wait and game the promos and coupons you can do okay.

I did this last week trying to desperately sell a ton of junk and old consoles but got lucky and ended up with like 85% bonus store credit, nearly $500. It was really weird, I walked in expecting way less than $200. I don't know what I'm going to do with $500 in gamestop bucks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I did this last week trying to desperately sell a ton of junk and old consoles but got lucky and ended up with like 85% bonus store credit, nearly $500. It was really weird, I walked in expecting way less than $200. I don't know what I'm going to do with $500 in gamestop bucks.

But the XBOXBOXBOX

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

If we were a little later into the Switch's lifecycle right now I would probably trade in my PS4 and come home with a few games. Right now the only ones I'm missing which are out are Disgaea and maybe Rime and Minecraft I guess. But I'm perfectly okay waiting for some kind of sale for those so my PS4 lives to collect dust another day.

Not to mention Nintendo is basically shoving preorder games down my throat the next few months so I'll have plenty to play.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I got the switch on a whim because I have a bunch of travel coming up and I kept seeing them in stock at Target. Used it on my first flight and I gotta say it's pretty fantastic. Minus the battery life. I had to keep it plugged in.

Zelda great, can't wait for stardew, Mario and splat.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My very first amiibo is sitting at home. I can’t wait to use an amiibo!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
can anyone recommend some new games for me to be mad about not yet being released on switch? getting tired of super mario world and stardew valley

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

HyperPuma posted:

can anyone recommend some new games for me to be mad about not yet being released on switch? getting tired of super mario world and stardew valley

phoenix wright

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Pokemon Stars

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

HyperPuma posted:

Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata, Monster Hunter XX, Monster Hunter World, any actually good AAA multiplatform title to come out in the next 4-5 years because it either won't come to the Switch or will be an inferior version.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Secret of Mana collection in English

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well XX is coming to Switch, just not in a language 99% of this thread can read any time soon. Thank God for World.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

enojy posted:

Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata, Monster Hunter XX, Monster Hunter World, any actually good AAA multiplatform title to come out in the next 4-5 years because it either won't come to the Switch or will be an inferior version.

theres no chance of these coming to switch so i cant get properly upset

phoenix wright is good tho

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I will carry every video game I've ever bought with me to the afterlife

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Broforce.

Sign the drat petition for that one though or I'll get mad at you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going to be buried with mine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HyperPuma posted:

Super Mario Brothers 4

Elder Scrolls 6

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lemming posted:

I will carry every video game I've ever bought with me to the afterlife

Bury me with my Steam log-in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Make sure your organs are properly stored in ceremonial containers that also act as amiibo.

• Locked thread