Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

solar energy panel posted:

Bullshit, a lot of people in this room agree with this. You're the one using prejudice and not trying to have a conversation.

But are these people actually individual posters, or are they just puppets? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I appreciate that. Have this pic from my folder

Uh that's a strange sex fetish you've got. I mean their exists no other kind of folder.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Look, anyone would have to be a sociopath if they weren't in any way bothered by the terrible personal insults that were directed at Obama and his wife. It wasn't acceptable then and it wasn't acceptable now. The only thing this will accomplish forever afterwards is the lack of anything resembling an actual human ever running for president in the future.

Some tepid burns do not mean he is treated worse than, say, Lincoln or JFK, who were shot to death.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Who What Now posted:

Some tepid burns do not mean he is treated worse than, say, Lincoln or JFK, who were shot to death.

Lincoln literally had to dodge assassins to get to his inauguration

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Waffle House posted:

But are these people actually individual posters, or are they just puppets? :thunk:

I've told you, we are the same computer algorithm originating in a server bank in Montenegro, and since the mods and admins of SA can see posters IP's they can verify it. Their inaction proves that they are complicit in the Russian led astroturfing.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The moment Dems are in power again?!?
You're not getting it are you? The Democrats have hosed up so badly they may never win an election again. Look what happened last week in Atlanta.

By the way I'm nothing like Ted Nugent. Thanks again for your simpleton closemindedness and prejudice. You, like the current Democratic party have become what you hate. Any idiot toddler can break something down, but whats the point if you can't try to offer a better solution in it's place?

I mean ef;b but this bears reiterating, the dems are the absolute pinnacle of Ignoring reality right now, go look at Mordors posting he's a self admitted cliche stereotypical bog standard liberal computer janitor and he's like 2 vodka (liberals can't drink whiskey they generally don't have the constitution for it) drinks away from blowing his brains out

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Russian bots paid in bitcoins actually.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I mean ef;b but this bears reiterating, the dems are the absolute pinnacle of Ignoring reality right now, go look at Mordors posting he's a self admitted cliche stereotypical bog standard liberal computer janitor and he's like 2 vodka (liberals can't drink whiskey they generally don't have the constitution for it) drinks away from blowing his brains out

This hurts me, Smelliot.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Lincoln literally had to dodge assassins to get to his inauguration

But apparently people pointing out objective scientific facts like that he is the fattest president since Taft is worse than that in his mind.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Who What Now posted:

But apparently people pointing out objective scientific facts like that he is the fattest president since Taft is worse than that in his mind.

I thought I saw something that if you go by BMI he's not as overweight as Clinton was

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nut to Butt posted:

Lobbyists are simply citizens representing the interests of fellow citizens. I don't see a way to distinguish some petitioners as legitimate and others as illegitimate without setting up a system even more prone to abuse than our current one.

If you have funding of more than say $250,000 behind you then that's not legitimate. :shrug: Maybe make it easier for common people to petition their representatives while restricting wine and dine in a super fancy restaurant and donating massive amounts to election campaigns.

I dunno it's a good question obviously but I don't think that means we should just shrug and let things be as they are.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

People said the same thing after election day 2008 about the Republicans.

lol I can't keep up with the meltdowns what the gently caress even is this

American politics for about 200 years was one party and the other working together and trading favors (IE compromising) to get poo poo done for their constituents. Somewhere along the way they stopped doing this and being obstructionist as gently caress to each other. Now the only time they work together is to gently caress the common folk and enrich their corporate masters.

The reason I prefer D is because at least they add some social good to their loving. Rs just straight gently caress people.

Hahahah the actual meltdown was coming from inside the shitposter the whole time

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

as i established earlier, i am a proud macedonian

NOT a strong and noble citizen of the glorious russian federation

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Hahahah the actual meltdown was coming from inside the shitposter the whole time

Gee why would anyone come in and constantly accuse people of meltdowns when you guys clearly only use it for actual ones lol

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'll share my Laphroaig with anyone in this goddamn thread.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Gee why would anyone come in and constantly accuse people of meltdowns when you guys clearly only use it for actual ones lol

it's almost as if "nice meltdown" is a GBS meme and gets used in wildly inappropriate instances

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Karl Rove's permanent Republican majority in 2004 was silly, "Democratic demographic destiny" was silly, the concept the Democrats are doomed forever is silly.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Skypie posted:

This hurts me, Smelliot.

Look man I said GENERALLY ok we can definitely kick back some bushmills or Jeffersons ocean together and watch the world burn

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

nice meltdown

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

VikingSkull posted:

Also I finally had time to read the posts I missed last night and gee thanks HS :unsmith:

the key is weed, and lots of it

Now that's something I think we can ALL agree on!

e:

Skypie posted:

I do not enjoy weed so I have to maintain chill through extensive behavioral modification regimes.

Except Skypie, I guess. That's ok, though- your self discipline will reward you, Skypie!

FisheyStix fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 28, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

I thought I saw something that if you go by BMI he's not as overweight as Clinton was

I sincerely doubt that.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Look man I said GENERALLY ok we can definitely kick back some bushmills or Jeffersons ocean together and watch the world burn

I actually have a bottle of Bushmills on my liquor shelf right now. I would drink some but I have to be to work in a couple hours

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

The Landstander posted:

Karl Rove's permanent Republican majority in 2004 was silly, "Democratic demographic destiny" was silly, the concept the Democrats are doomed forever is silly.

Karl Rove's neoconservative Republican majority was indeed silly just like the Clinton third way neoliberal demographic destiny is

In case you hadn't noticed the Republican party got partially hijacked in 2010 and one of the ripples of that led to a Trump presidency

The Democrat party, as it sits now with no changes to its structure, is, in fact, doomed

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Seriouspost, probably not russians, because people with ESL language barrier difficulties are really easy to spot, especially when they think they're being clever on social media, BUT

more possibly, people who definitely will eat up any post made by someone with a Russian Flag next to their anonymous username on a certain forum that likes green text a lot.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

it's almost as if "nice meltdown" is a GBS meme and gets used in wildly inappropriate instances

Nice meltdown

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Skypie posted:

I actually have a bottle of Bushmills on my liquor shelf right now. I would drink some but I have to be to work in a couple hours

All the more reason to drink some imo

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Who What Now posted:

I sincerely doubt that.

I just looked it up and the discrepancy is Trump's height. If he's 6'2" like some say he edges Clinton out and if he's 6'3" like he claims then Clinton was indeed fatter

in any case, the difference between Trump and Clinton is marginal at best

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You know a couple days a go I added a song from Spotify's "Discover Weekly". Yesterday I was thinking boy that sounds familiar, annnd it was. I did my homework in the wee hours of the morning or maybe late at night anyway I solved where I had heard it before. Can you guess? Did you guess? It was anime. Anime was the answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Oc7ny2RvE I don't remember details of this anime very well but hey the song is pretty swell.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

T.S. Smelliot posted:

All the more reason to drink some imo

Hm you make a convincing argument...

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Skypie posted:

Hm you make a convincing argument...

What do you do? Not being a dick j/w man

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

VikingSkull posted:

Karl Rove's neoconservative Republican majority was indeed silly just like the Clinton third way neoliberal demographic destiny is

In case you hadn't noticed the Republican party got partially hijacked in 2010 and one of the ripples of that led to a Trump presidency

The Democrat party, as it sits now with no changes to its structure, is, in fact, doomed
Well, that's the thing - it's a two-party system, parties are malleable, things switch around, outside movements tend to be blobbed up by the major parties, etc. Which is why the neocon Republican majority is a relic, and the Democrats are having a major identity crisis.

Where exactly that winds up, or how the midterm goes, is up in the air, but "Democrats dead forever" remains silly.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

T.S. Smelliot posted:

You know as far as anime goes Jigoku Shouju or Hell Girl is pretty dark. The last season totally sucked.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

Elections funded by the public.

This is the stock reply, and it could work, but it's no panacea. Campaign contributions are only one tool in the lobbyist arsenal. It's a potent one, but it's also one of the few tools at the disposal of the average citizen. (This is no coincidence.) Money is speech, and muzzling every citizen who believes in a cause or a candidate because you don't like what some of them have to say is dangerous. Public campaign financing depends on a government and parties that are trustworthy, and that won't use this financing as a gatekeeping mechanism to further entrench their power. I can see how it would sound like a good idea to someone who trusts the DNC and the RNC to set up a fair and inclusive campaign finance system, but I don't. If you're really bored one day, read the legislative history of McCain-Feingold to lol at a bunch of Congressmen whining about how the mean citizens of this country keep telling the truth about them in campaign ads. A bunch of nobodies talking trash about Congressmen! Simply intolerable!

I could never support public campaign financing without significant structural reforms to our electoral system. I don't want to see the 90-97% incumbent reelection rate reach 100%.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Waffle House posted:

Seriouspost, probably not russians, because people with ESL language barrier difficulties are really easy to spot, especially when they think they're being clever on social media, BUT

more possibly, people who definitely will eat up any post made by someone with a Russian Flag next to their anonymous username on a certain forum that likes green text a lot.

feel free to PM a mod or admin and see if they can match our IP's

for me personally you can go in to SAS and ask in the NASCAR or Indycar threads if they think I sold my account to someone at any point in the last decade

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Also Trump is fatter

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nut to Butt posted:

This is the stock reply, and it could work, but it's no panacea. Campaign contributions are only one tool in the lobbyist arsenal. It's a potent one, but it's also one of the few tools at the disposal of the average citizen. (This is no coincidence.) Money is speech, and muzzling every citizen who believes in a cause or a candidate because you don't like what some of them have to say is dangerous. Public campaign financing depends on a government and parties that are trustworthy, and that won't use this financing as a gatekeeping mechanism to further entrench their power. I can see how it would sound like a good idea to someone who trusts the DNC and the RNC to set up a fair and inclusive campaign finance system, but I don't. If you're really bored one day, read the legislative history of McCain-Feingold to lol at a bunch of Congressmen whining about how the mean citizens of this country keep telling the truth about them in campaign ads. A bunch of nobodies talking trash about Congressmen! Simply intolerable!

I could never support public campaign financing without significant structural reforms to our electoral system. I don't want to see the 90-97% incumbent reelection rate reach 100%.

What if we cap donations then?

We pretty much intended to do that until lol here comes the Super PAC loophole.

quote:

I can see how it would sound like a good idea to someone who trusts the DNC and the RNC to set up a fair and inclusive campaign finance system, but I don't.

Probably would end as hosed up as some Gerrymandered districts' borders are.

Maybe the tree needs some revitalization then if the elected representatives are not representative of the people and we see no way to ensure they are within the bounds of what we've got. This would be disaster but something has to give eventually.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I'm an electrician. I spent almost 6 years doing construction, and I was planning to get some certificates in motor control, logic controllers, and automation systems to open some more doors. The end-game was to, eventually, work with my dad. He was the general foreman of the electric shop for a newspaper printing facility. He died of cancer last spring, and when I heard they were hiring, I submitted a resume and told all the corporate guys, "Someone has to get the job, it might as well be me." They hired me, and now instead of construction, I do a lot of technician/maintenance work on printing presses and insert machines.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Landstander posted:

Also Trump is fatter

There's a guy in Hell Girl who besides the emo aesthetic thing is eyes. My point is I don't need a chart to tell Trump is fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

The Landstander posted:

Well, that's the thing - it's a two-party system, parties are malleable, things switch around, outside movements tend to be blobbed up by the major parties, etc. Which is why the neocon Republican majority is a relic, and the Democrats are having a major identity crisis.

Where exactly that winds up, or how the midterm goes, is up in the air, but "Democrats dead forever" remains silly.

On their current trajectory things don't look promising.

The Landstander posted:

Also Trump is fatter

That chart assumes he is 6'1", he claims 6'3". Judging on pictures with Obama I'd say he's 6'2" in which case he's just as fat as Clinton was.

• Locked thread