Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

El shaddai was the poster child for cool ideas/bad game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The only thing I remember about dantes inferno was the boss that was a giant naked woman with babies crawling out of her nipples

Yeah, I don't know why I completed the game tbh. When trying to clear a backlog misfires. The game was a conglomerate of everything that was wrong with game design from the mid-naughts.

- EDGY presentation. The aforementioned woman and the babies having sickles for hands and feet. That red cross on the character in the promo art? It's sewn into your skin. I think your primary character motivation is your wife being raped, but I don't remember that exactly.
- Faux morality. I completely forgot about this until Nostalgia pointed it out, but you run across historical figures who are in various circles of Hell. You are given the choice to forgive them or murder them. Don't quote me on this, but I think Einstein may have been one figure who is sentenced for the creation of the bomb. These choices have negligible effects on gameplay a la Bioshock, but there's no happy ending.
- QTEs as far as the eye can see. You even use QTEs to break open the fountains used to heal you at checkpoints. Nothing says game play quite like mashing X to get some orbs.
- Boring version of God of War combat (I think? I never actually played GoW). You basically have one combo that's worth using. You will mash that combo for several hours.

I wish I could go back in time and convince myself to play like, Enslaved instead. I don't even remember enjoying playing the game.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Shadow225 posted:

- Faux morality. I completely forgot about this until Nostalgia pointed it out, but you run across historical figures who are in various circles of Hell. You are given the choice to forgive them or murder them. Don't quote me on this, but I think Einstein may have been one figure who is sentenced for the creation of the bomb. These choices have negligible effects on gameplay a la Bioshock, but there's no happy ending.

At least this part is accurate to the book!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

I asked the 360 backlog threaf if dantes was worth a play and everyone said skip it and do elshaddai instead. Is it really worth it and unique or just a gow clone?

Lol El Shaddai was fun to look at and a chore to play, at least Dante's inferno plays okay until it got booted out half finished. But yeah it's literally just a GoW clone and Lords of Shadow was a better one of those

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Someone on the forums did an LP of DI if you really want to see the weirdness without having to track down or play a copy yourself.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Valkeria Revolution is such a shitshow. Its mostly cutscenes and piss easy musso with bare minimum skill use right now. VC at least had you experience everything naturally but VR just dumps it all in pointlessly long conversations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Real hurthling! posted:

I asked the 360 backlog threaf if dantes was worth a play and everyone said skip it and do elshaddai instead. Is it really worth it and unique or just a gow clone?

If you're really curious and rather play it than watch an LP then I'm pretty sure I still have my 360 copy that I can send to you to try out. If it's not that much of a hassle to mail it off to you. I live in Florida.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks for the offer but dont go through the trouble i already got lord of shadow to get through first i guess based on this post here and i alresdy own that and i hear its crazy long.

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol El Shaddai was fun to look at and a chore to play, at least Dante's inferno plays okay until it got booted out half finished. But yeah it's literally just a GoW clone and Lords of Shadow was a better one of those

Ok cool

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 28, 2017

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

There's always a huge delay and weeks of "where's my poo poo" before you randomly get an email

Y'all have me hella conflicted about GOW 3. I've never played Ratchet and Clank, gameplay videos look lame. I know it receives a lot of praise here, what am I missing?

I mean...Ratchet and Clank are great PS2 platformers that got a great remasters on PS4. Not sure what else there is to say about it. :shrug: They're fun, the art and voice acting and writing are more than solid. If that doesn't appeal to you, there's other stuff to try.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

El Shaddai also goes on sale surprisingly a lot on the Xbox store for literally 3-5 bucks. I bought it for 3 bucks several years ago, but I saw it for sale randomly like 2 months ago.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Real hurthling! posted:

Thanks for the offer but dont go through the trouble i already got lord of shadow to get through first i guess based on this post here and i alresdy own that and i hear its crazy long.

Ok cool

No problem, just want to help out when I can.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You cool

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Tried to log in to my PSN account today to play some Persona 5 with online features enabled after a few weeks away without starting up my PS4.

Get the message "invalid email" when trying to log in. Check my email, notice an email sent 12 days ago that says my log-in ID (email) was changed?! I never changed it, and no-one else had access to my password.

The email tells me to go to http://sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/support , which just sents me to playstation.com . Wtf do I do to get my account back? :confused: I can't use "forgot my password" as my email/log-in ID is now "not a valid email address".

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You go back in time and enable 2-factor authentication, like the thread title used to say.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Snak posted:

You go back in time and enable 2-factor authentication, like the thread title used to say.

I don't have a frickin time machine, do you? :mad:

My password was only made a few months ago and followed the rules of having a number and an uppercase letter and whatever the gently caress. So how could my account get stolen?

Nothing has been charged from my credit card at least, but I'm really wondering how the gently caress this could happen.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know, but I would contact customer support immediately.

Sorry, that really sucks.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

PirateBob posted:

Tried to log in to my PSN account today to play some Persona 5 with online features enabled after a few weeks away without starting up my PS4.

Get the message "invalid email" when trying to log in. Check my email, notice an email sent 12 days ago that says my log-in ID (email) was changed?! I never changed it, and no-one else had access to my password.

The email tells me to go to http://sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/support , which just sents me to playstation.com . Wtf do I do to get my account back? :confused: I can't use "forgot my password" as my email/log-in ID is now "not a valid email address".

Call Sony, samething happened to me, got it switched back in an hour.

Jackass that grabbed my account downloaded all of Powers, and then put fifa 17 in my cart. Thank god I only use the pre-paid PSN cards and never use my CC on the PSN.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Welp I just set up 2FA after reading the past few posts. I'm happy it's not some dumb app and just uses texts instead.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It's so good, I have all of my (important and worth keeping) PSN accounts connected to it, no need for multiple phones or services, no region lock, just the goods that make sense.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
And unless you just have to swap playstations constantly it's not a hassle at all. Until you guys talked about it I totally forgot I had 2F-Auth event set up. I just never end up having to use it thanks to being able to keep my login on my PS4 and on my computer.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I am enjoying RE5 but laser aiming is difficult with how tiny the camera view is in splitscreen. Not being able to transfer ammo in smaller batches sucks.

It's neat seeing someone w/ no experience w/ the series slowly coming around to the controls (after hating them), or at least appreciating their design. Also the wrestling moves.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Rinkles posted:

I am enjoying RE5 but laser aiming is difficult with how tiny the camera view is in splitscreen. Not being able to transfer ammo in smaller batches sucks.

It's neat seeing someone w/ no experience w/ the series slowly coming around to the controls (after hating them), or at least appreciating their design. Also the wrestling moves.

RE5 is my first RE so maybe I'm less harsh on it than most people I see on the www but man is it fun as hell or what. When I splitscreen'ed it with a friend, we went straight into New Game+ and strapped on some crazy alt costumes.

Does the PS4 version still have the weird splitscreen thing where a ton of the screen is covered in empty space?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah, I think they do that so both split-screens keep the full-screen aspect ratio. It probably helps to have a wider view when you're getting mobbed.

RE5 is mediocre single player but you're lucky to be experiencing it in co-op, it shines there.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah RE5 is s co-op must

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Has anyone else had an error on PSN that says "Please enter a valid credit card number" even though all of the information you had saved was correct before it forced you to re-enter it and is still correct after it forced you to re-enter it? I am having that problem now and it's really annoying and I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried looking up solutions but all the support threads I've found amount to 500 messages saying "IT'S NOT WORKING, HELP ME!! *no response from ps support*"

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 29, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

Has anyone else had an error on PSN that says "Please enter a valid credit card number" even though all of the information you had saved was correct before it forced you to re-enter it and is still correct after it forced you to re-enter it? I am having that problem now and it's really annoying and I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried looking up solutions but all the support threads I've found amount to 500 messages saying "IT'S NOT WORKING, HELP ME!! *no response from ps support*"

That happened to me once, the most I got out of them was that something I had done earlier in the day had tripped an anti-fraud system and I needed to wait for a timed lockout to be lifted. Your card might start working tomorrow, the support guy told me to buy codes on amazon if I desperately needed to make a purchase right then.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Weird. I guess I'll call my bank tomorrow if I don't get one from them/get an email about it.

edit: vvv Okay, I'll try it again tomorrow and then call them if it doesn't work!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 29, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I had the issue just a bit ago during the last sale. Just wait a day and you'll be fine. None of this is on your banks end so calling them won't do much. Just have to wait for that super secret sony clock to tick down.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool 2 more games I already own for PS plus this month. This is pretty much the story every goddamn month at this point.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe buy fewer games?

Edit: gently caress I have Until Dawn too, and I don't give a gently caress about GoT telltale.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Cool 2 more games I already own for PS plus this month. This is pretty much the story every goddamn month at this point.

Buy less games two years ago

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I miss when they launched games as free PS+ but everyone whined about indie games, so now we get old games you could buy at the store for $5. the gamers won :toot:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Continuing my PS3 PS+ journey Alien Rage is almost a decent budget bulletstorm but you can take like two shots before dying, cover doesn't work, collision detection is broken, you can be shot before enemies even spawn, and occasionally your explosives don't shoot out your gun and instant kill you, so it isn't.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Is Adrift any good?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

veni veni veni posted:

I miss when they launched games as free PS+ but everyone whined about indie games, so now we get old games you could buy at the store for $5. the gamers won :toot:

I just win out only buying the hot multiplayer games and let PS+ give me everything else.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Is Adrift any good?

It's on sale for $2.99. I just bought it but haven't tried it yet. I remember it seeming cool in the previews. I'm willing to shell out $3 to try it out regardless of what the reviews say.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

I had this happen and I called them and then my bank to see what was going on and it turned out Sony was very particular about how they wanted my apartment address entered into their system in a way no one else is. Apartment letter, then number for some reason. I don't know if this is your problem but I've heard other people complain about similar address problems.

In other news, 👏🏽use 👏🏽2fa👏🏽with 👏🏽everything👏🏽

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Grey posted:

It's on sale for $2.99. I just bought it but haven't tried it yet. I remember it seeming cool in the previews. I'm willing to shell out $3 to try it out regardless of what the reviews say.

I'm still pissed they advertised it as a PSVR flagship game and then released it with no VR support.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I'm still pissed they advertised it as a PSVR flagship game and then released it with no VR support.

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR GAMEGOGGLES NES GUERILLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Elite Dangerous is such a wonderful game. You start out with a loaner ship and very little money and it's up to you to bootstrap your way to fame and riches. There's no guided campaign as far as I can tell, just get out there and make your story.

I haven't played a game with such "if I just do this THEN" momentum in a long time, and I'm just constantly leapfrogging from personal goals. If I just do this little data delivery job, I'll make the cash to fund basic refueling and insurance so THEN I can take this salvaging job while I'm there I'll take a delivery job leading back to the system I just came from and when I hand THEM in I can afford a better power drive which lets my ship hyperspace jump further THEN I can do those delivery jobs faster so I make quicker money so THEN I can buy a real cargo hold so I can make 5 times what I was making with the data jobs in one go by doing cargo delivery jobs so THEN I can buy that auto-docking module so I can get into stations faster so THEN I don't fail the optional time trial objectives on some of these deliveries to make more money per delivery so I do that and THEN I can afford to buy that newer, faster, better ship and hey this one has some real firepower so maybe THEN I can work on upgrading those hardpoint weapons with better tracking so THEN my shots land better and it just keeps going like that!

I haven't even scraped the surface of this whole faction war going on, I've maybe shot down 1 ship so far in my time playing, and the only Horizons content was the stuff I did in one of the tutorials but there's this huge universe just out there waiting for me. It's pretty cool.