Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/869595536289972225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Feels like that is just the current spin to leverage trump's current support. Really feel like it'd honestly be easier to wait for major loving blunder, throw donny under a bus, getting rid of someone they didn't like from the start, getting rid of someone patently awful, and stifling any future non-establishment-conservative (whatever the gently caress they think that is) campaign or movement. I mean that sure looks likes that'll be a hell of a lot easier to spin than what they are currently spinning.

Like just pick highlights from the trump voters realizing they are going to die under trump thread, the poo poo's already been written.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
She's got ratings leaking out of her whatever

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

ew

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Reverend Dr posted:

Feels like that is just the current spin to leverage trump's current support. Really feel like it'd honestly be easier to wait for major loving blunder, throw donny under a bus, getting rid of someone they didn't like from the start, getting rid of someone patently awful, and stifling any future non-establishment-conservative (whatever the gently caress they think that is) campaign or movement. I mean that sure looks likes that'll be a hell of a lot easier to spin than what they are currently spinning.

Like just pick highlights from the trump voters realizing they are going to die under trump thread, the poo poo's already been written.
trump is the new establishment.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the president is very likely making the piss tape a bigger deal than it actually is and that's amazing.

I still haven't gotten over that aspect of Comey's written testimony.

From January 27th dinner:

quote:

During the dinner, the President returned to the salacious material I had briefed him about on January 6, and, as he had done previously, expressed his disgust for the allegations and strongly denied them. He said he was considering ordering me to investigate the alleged incident to prove it didn't happen. I replied that he should give that careful thought because it might create a narrative that we were investigating him personally, which we weren't, and because it was very difficult to prove a negative. He said he would think about it and asked me to think about it.

First of all, he brings up the piss tape during a private dinner with the FBI director unprompted, and mentions how disgusted he is. Then he says he's considering ORDERING the FBI to prove the nonexistence of the piss tape (I'm imagining a press conference where Comey has to do this, and it's hilarious).

From the March 30th phone call:

quote:

On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as "a cloud" that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia. He asked what we could do to "lift the cloud." I responded that we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be great benefit, if we didn't find anything, to our having done the work well. He agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him.

Again unprompted, Trump calls the FBI director and denies the piss tape exists. His denials are weirdly worded.

I think Trump's brain is filled with piss at this point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheBigAristotle posted:

Every person in the #Resistance should be forced to try and decipher Mensch's manic timeline

Louise Mensch vs Megan McCardle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As I posted earlier, America's Funniest Home Videos reruns beat it again :laffo:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

trump is what they stoked, it's what they ran on, and deviating from it will instigate a reckoning from their incredibly violent base however shrinking it is. the GOP of the Bush era is dead and gone.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:killing:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

William Bear posted:

Again uprompted, Trump calls the FBI director and denies the piss tape exists. His denials are weirdly worded.

I think Trump's brain is filled with piss at this point.

This almost makes me wish the PISS tapes weren't real. Trump's mind slowly breaking over a wildly untrue story put out by buzzfeed would be kinda awesome.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/880179676475510784

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

deathbysnusnu posted:

This almost makes me wish the PISS tapes weren't real. Trump's mind slowly breaking over a wildly untrue story put out by buzzfeed would be kinda awesome.

it's a win-win situation

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Unperson_47 posted:

sqrt(nothing/matters)^69*420

antilife equation got weird

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/880179276812754944

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Reverend Dr posted:

Why would they dump him when he's the most popular Republican in the nation? None or very, very few of these semi-wavering Donny voters will vote Democrat or even Libertarian in 2018 or 2020.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I just wanna point out, I was pro war with Russia since before the election, and people mocked me for it

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:bisonyes:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just wanna point out, I was pro war with Russia since before the election, and people mocked me for it
:same:

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

there was a guy in line for coffee today with a shirt that said "repeal and go f**k yourself -GOP" and I can tell if it's because he is against the GOP or a fan

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

peak 2017: the piss tape is a bluff. there is no tape, but the events described really did happen and now trump is left in a panic as he's not sure whether he was actually filmed

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Checks out

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ugh it's attorneys general

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I hope someone tapes Trump's remarks tonight and we get another 47% moment.

It would not matter and the comments would just be his normal rally crap he normally spews but it would be something he would get so pissed about and rant on twitter tomorrow morning.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Guy Goodbody posted:

so you voted for clinton?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lmao literally everyone who has even met Trump is gonna end up being exposed as corrupt somehow.

except 2DCAT

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
tfw you're a State Senator, but also hungry and have a diaper

https://twitter.com/senatorfain/status/878301196519329792

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

oop nm just passed a guy in a TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP shirt something must be goin on

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mr. Sharps posted:

there was a guy in line for coffee today with a shirt that said "repeal and go f**k yourself -GOP" and I can tell if it's because he is against the GOP or a fan

Pretty sure that's a Pod Save America shirt.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

jackasses vs. jacksass more like jacques sass

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
seriously, you can just not tweet your diaper burrito. just eat it alone and hide your shame.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

tfw you're a State Senator, but also hungry and have a diaper

https://twitter.com/senatorfain/status/878301196519329792

please let him not have kids

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/880180527722049536

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

trump is the new establishment.

Well yeah, but don't discredit republican's ability to damage control. I guarantee they have a plans in place for all contingencies of how the various russia probes turn out. Don't discount this taking trump down and republicans getting out of it smelling like roses (to their voterbase who are the only opinions they care about).

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

quote:

Rand Paul 😀 (Likely “no”)

Dean Heller 😀

Susan Collins 😀

Mike Lee 😀

Lisa Murkowski ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (could go either way)

Shelley Moore Capito ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cory Gardner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ron Johnson ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ted Cruz 💩 (would probably vote for the bill if it comes to it)

Rob Portman 💩
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-gop-senators-might-resurrect-the-health-care-bill/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

logikv9 posted:

i'm going on an international trip soon i'm probably not going to be let back into the country

Goongrats on your successful escape

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

lmao literally everyone who has even met Trump is gonna end up being exposed as corrupt somehow.

except 2DCAT
he will be wearing :megaman: at the witness stand and this thread will go 400 posts a minute while cspan broadcasts it

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

more proof that tromp good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

but didnt trump give those back?

• Locked thread