Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Why are you having trouble with Odin on stage 23? I've been using him there since he was 6 stars and level 55 and haven't really had any issues. It helps to have Jane Thor in the team so you can use the teamup button to get his immunity skill and also Odin's autoattacks are physical so when you've finished all your skills you need to kite until you can use them again or else you'll kill yourself on the reflect.

e: Also Sharon is probably iffy on this stage although I haven't tried. I think 4 out of 5 of her skills do significant physical damage which will wreck you on the reflect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

get prox first, if you have zero bos she's such an absolute no brainer and you'd need a really good reason to get someone else

prox is great at sl, she's one of the few characters i can clear a wave with, that makes her an s-tier sl character (s-tier is good, it's above a-tier it means a character is really good) waves are the hardest stage in sl so anyone who can clear them is really good

prox is not great at tl

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

thechalkoutline posted:

23: Save an S tier blast/universal

By save I mean you should be saving someone you know can do it, ie someone you've done it with, not just some rando you think. Great example is Enchantress is practically S tier for all of SL, but really doesn't have the DPS to pull off any of these floors, though she won't die.

Enchantress at 4/17 clears floor 23 pretty easily for me. Her charm keeps JJ and She-Hulk locked down, and I usually finish with around 30 seconds on the clock.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the reason why it's important to clear waves is you always want the option that gives you a 5* comic card and you never want the option that gives you a 5* iso which means if the comic card option on that stage is a wave and you cant clear it then you just lost a 5* card which is bad because you want to grind 5* cards into 6* cards

disregard if you have perfect cards

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

the reason why it's important to clear waves is you always want the option that gives you a 5* comic card and you never want the option that gives you a 5* iso which means if the comic card option on that stage is a wave and you cant clear it then you just lost a 5* card which is bad because you want to grind 5* cards into 6* cards

disregard if you have perfect cards

I'm agreeing so freakin hard with this post

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

:hf: we frequently agree

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Why are you having trouble with Odin on stage 23? I've been using him there since he was 6 stars and level 55 and haven't really had any issues. It helps to have Jane Thor in the team so you can use the teamup button to get his immunity skill and also Odin's autoattacks are physical so when you've finished all your skills you need to kite until you can use them again or else you'll kill yourself on the reflect.

e: Also Sharon is probably iffy on this stage although I haven't tried. I think 4 out of 5 of her skills do significant physical damage which will wreck you on the reflect.

Yesterday was the first time I used Odin at 23, I've never had him in a position to last that long and be productive; for the longest time I used him in the early stages when he was only 5* because he wouldn't be able to beat anything else. Good point with the physical autoattacks, I hadn't thought about that.

If Sharog can't be the answer for 23 then I'm starting to scratch my head. I guess if I can save Floki I can run either her or Strange for 22/23 and the other goes after. Dormmy would be an answer once he's at 6* but that's gonna be a while. If I luck out and don't hit a stage where Mantis beating the Hulk rumble is the best option, Mantis could beat 23. I don't think Songbird could lock them down both and once she got hit she'd be dead.

poo poo, now I've gotta rethink this whole thing.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Sharon on 23 is really risky cause yea, she kills herself too easy.

Used Magnetman on 21 this week, Venom never even got to attack, stunlocked into a corner until he died.

I use Carnage on 22 usually, as even though there's two Blast dudes he has the damage and he's always invincible.

23 is Odin, Strange or Enchantress. Odin is a very easy clear just never auto attack and you'll take no damage.

24 is super easy, just use someone who is invincible a lot. I can clear it with Elsa even with the huge damage penalty.

25 is whatever best character I have left over.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 28, 2017

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Kirby began to wonder if he shouldn't have just eaten the Nemesis, instead.
T2 #100 :toot:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What a monster!

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Do you remember roughly how much mkraan crystals you needed for 0-full mastery?

I been lazily looking for it on reddit but seems no one's put up a bit mat chart or I missed it

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

Do you remember roughly how much mkraan crystals you needed for 0-full mastery?

I been lazily looking for it on reddit but seems no one's put up a bit mat chart or I missed it

Here's a chart - I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

vip 15?

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Mmyep.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

:eyepop: 6,250 crystals?!

(thanks!)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well you can use T2 tickets to save 1k crystals each which is what most people are doing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't actually T2ed anyone without a ticket. Like, it hadn't even occurred to me that I could just do it another way.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't actually T2ed anyone without a ticket. Like, it hadn't even occurred to me that I could just do it another way.

I just T2ed the VERY HANDSOME Fabio (Thor) because I made him my avatar. When they updated his in game model and portrait, I swooned. And he wasn't T2.

So I did it without a ticket and spent the 2.5 million gold.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Holyshoot posted:

What VIP level are you?

vip 7. I'm basically a baby whale and thats from maybe 3 or 4 vip packs and starks stash over a year or so.

Looks like gwenpool, sif, and blackagar tuxedogon. Will doooooo.

Re: Proximachat

I use her as a striker and every week to do SL 21 against venom. She stunlocks that nerd and he can't do nothin. I use Floki to easily crush Ms. Jones and Ms. Walters and then Enchantress to laugh all the way on the Sin/MODOK/Bullseyes/whoever the other one is but i dont know because enchantress has an aoe charm skill so they just fall over. After that it's sharon or odin or strange or doormat or whoever I have left.

Echoing Fart SImpson in that once you figure out your teams for the static floors (1,2,5,21-25) it becomes much much easier to plan out who to use for the others. It also helps to be aware of what stages can show up in what ranges. I personally think the hardest hump is 6-10 because god drat those stages are some serious bullshit.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Every time I consider doing it, a new innate T2 comes out and makes me realize why it's dumb unless you have thousands and thousands of BAM/Chaos Norns. Or if you're a super whale.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, even after realizing it I'm not sure it's something I will do. I compare myself to someone in my alliance who has been playing a bit longer than me. I focused on elevating my entire roster to 4* en masse, 6* one at a time, and T2 when it's opportunistic with a ticket. He focused on developing T2s. The result is he has a few more T2s than me but a way weaker roster in general. So at a certain point I passed him because my deeper roster proved an advantage in WBR and Shadowland. And he stalls out longer on the Epic Missions because he spends his resources on those T2s while I tend to horde.

My way feels like the better approach. But I'm biased. Like I got 4 or 5 people at 4/20 and I could just farm their bios for a few days and get them there. But it seems a waste of chaos stones and BAM at least until I'm done with Epics and a few of the native T2.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

What level are the various Goon Alliances? I'd rather play with Goons, but I don't want to give up some of them sweet alliance bonuses!!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

drat good advice :words:

This is spot on advice. I took to his thinking and I've been making steady progress. Yeah i whaled hard initially but this is sustaining me and the advice i should have heeded

Any eta on the sinister 6 dropping? Tuesday?

Edit: Piggybacking off of this I'm focusing on Spider-Man because i assume new costume = good to great speed character now

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 29, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah I'm basically counting on Spidermang to be extremely good after the patch. They'll sell a million uniforms.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

navyjack posted:

What level are the various Goon Alliances? I'd rather play with Goons, but I don't want to give up some of them sweet alliance bonuses!!

30. Almost all of them are.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Over at Buster Highman we're still 28 I think

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The biggest annoyance right now is I am basically forced to t2 4 people to get jean. This is fine for people like me that have 30+ T2s and every character at 6* but for a new player it's kinda bullshit.

This Mkraan Crystal wall is some serious bullshit too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm getting a T2 ticket tomorrow and had it set for Carnage but now I have no idea. I SHOULD horde it for X-Men but at 1 ticket a month that approach won't get me Jean until October. I'm not sure it's even worth it. I have no idea what to do.

Edit: vvvvvv

I do agree with that. I have no problem with actually having to play the game to get stuff. It would be boring if I could just have everything at once. I'm just personally torn on this T2 ticket thing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 29, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well the point also isn't for every player to have all the XMen and Jean T2ed two weeks after they're released. The grind is like half the gameplay and I'm okay with that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm getting a T2 ticket tomorrow and had it set for Carnage but now I have no idea. I SHOULD horde it for X-Men but at 1 ticket a month that approach won't get me Jean until October. I'm not sure it's even worth it. I have no idea what to do.

Between now and October there will certainly be special events that reward T2 tickets. But then again by then a character might be released that you want more than Jean.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

Between now and October there will certainly be special events that reward T2 tickets. But then again by then a character might be released that you want more than Jean.

Right. By then we'll have Homecoming, Inhumans, Defenders, Thor, maybe more X Men, and who knows what? Planning long term like that is a crap shoot. Jean Grey didn't exist when I purchased the 20-a-day to get Carnage to T2. So I'm having some serious options anxiety.

I'm probably gonna do Carnage because it will be forever before I have an XMen to 4/20 anyway. But it was a curve ball on my plans.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Carnage isn't that good at T1, and you're grinding x-men mats all the time which you can only use on them. Using a ticket on him gets you a good character right now, not 4-5 months from now.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

In as Kevlar Beard - applied for Buster Highman

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kevlar Beard posted:

In as Kevlar Beard - applied for Buster Highman

And you're in. Welcome.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5mty9s/a_card_guide_from_beginner_to_expert/?st=j4hwgeeh&sh=25ff0c3b

this is a really good card explination and gives a good baseline to aim for especially for those of us who aren't gonna whale for korean cards (lol who would ever do that)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If you're scrounging for T2 tickets remember that you can get one from finishing the War of Kings questline (in special missions.) Which is a hell of a grind and they'll probably give us a new pack with the spider peoples so finish it now! I'm weighing dropping some crystals on hidden route tickets just to put a cap in it.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

30. Almost all of them are.

Goonlactus is very nearly 29. :shobon:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

NmareBfly posted:

Goonlactus is very nearly 29. :shobon:

I've been watching that progress bar slooooowly fill with bated breath. That last 2% skill cooldown is everything.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Ramadu posted:

As a heads up that team can clear stage 1 of Shadowlands to give you some more weekly BAM and chaos norns

Thanks for the heads up!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

STAC Goat posted:

I think what I like most about this game is that they don't seem shy at all about adding more characters. Seems like you get half a dozen new ones every month or two, and with all the MCU movies and TV shows that doesn't seem likely to stop. We've got Spider-Man now, Defenders in August, Inhumans in September, Thor in November, SHIELD S5 in January, Black Panther next February, Infinity War next May, Ant Man and Wasp next July, etc, etc, etc. Plus somewhere in there you have Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2, and Punisher S1. Plus X-Men. And one day, hopefully, the Fantastic Four. The question of those Spider-Man side movies.

Seems like this game can keep spitting out new characters with even sweating for years.

Its like 50/50. Like I consider Future Fight part of the whole MCU packaging where everytime I see a trailer or get hyped for something my mind starts racing about how it will impact Future Fight.

I just realized we'll have Cloak and Dagger, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Forgot that one. And Runaways too.