Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

then Based Alaska sent her a meme of Trump shoving her into a gas chamber.

While also insisting he wasn't a nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

She doesn't have the same appeal to the alt-right though because she's Jewish.

Which is part of how the whole split started between the alt-right and alt-light. Though I believe the initial trigger was when she jumped onto the Julius Caesar stage, and then Based Alaska sent her a meme of Trump shoving her into a gas chamber.

So yeah

With friends like these.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I.N.R.I posted:

All the videos of antifa on youtube are making fun of them. If you go on youtube and type in antifa and search by newest uploads probably 1 in 20 of them arent making fun of antifa

:gowron:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it is p funny that the alt right thinks that everybody who isn't them is antifa now, from city mayors to random albanians or whatever who end up stabbing them

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

it is p funny that the alt right thinks that everybody who isn't them is antifa now, from city mayors to random albanians or whatever who end up stabbing them
Armenians

Also don't gently caress with Armenians they will fuk u up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6tnNJ6MQ0

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Armenians

Also don't gently caress with Armenians they will fuk u up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6tnNJ6MQ0

agh, more antifa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Al! posted:

After "these are good memes" guy was banished, the Alt-Right started calling the Oathkeepers antifa.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

While also insisting he wasn't a nazi

"it's just a meme bro"

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Important rules for Albanians
1. Don't confuse them with Armenians
2. They will gently caress you up good

Important rules for Armenians:
1. Don't confuse them with Albanians

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Eela6 posted:

Generally the important rule is don't confuse anyone from the Caucasus or Balkans for anyone else from the Caucasus or Balkans because they all hate each other and will gently caress you up good.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Same with Slovakians/Slovenians.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Bip Roberts posted:

Same with Slovakians/Slovenians.

Already partially-covered by the general "don't gently caress with or misidentify Balkans peoples" rule.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eela6 posted:

https://vimeo.com/118450542

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Eela6 posted:

Important rules for Americans:
1. Don't talk about politics
2. They will feed you good

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APORC2fHTU

Go to around 12:00. The war between the Cernovich wing and the Spencer wing is just heating up.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Whoever wins, we laugh.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's pretty hosed up that Richard Spencer and the actual Nazis are somehow the less embarrassing side of the fight.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APORC2fHTU

Go to around 12:00. The war between the Cernovich wing and the Spencer wing is just heating up.
I dunno if Spencer is having orgies with his Identity Europa buddies but he's sooooo gay omg. If he wasn't a Nazi I'd butter him up

He reminds me of Jorg Haider a bit actually, which Spencer would probably take as a compliment

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 01:32 on Jun 29, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
counter signalling

lol these people are the biggest dorks in the world

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gently caress now my yt suggestions are gonna be full of alt right poo poo again

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
we hardly hear anything about the Old School Alt-Right (VDARE, American Renaissance) in this thread.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Race Realists posted:

we hardly hear anything about the Old School Alt-Right (VDARE, American Renaissance) in this thread.

Good username/post combo.

AR seems more like an older rebranding of White Nationalist/White Supremacy into respectable establishment conservativism, while the current alt-right is the former glommed onto 4chan memes and internet talking points. They must have realised that the faux-Establishment Intellectual viewpoint didn't work, so now they've attached it onto YouTube "intellectuals," which tbh is probably a better way of reaching a mass audience.

I'm not familiar with VDARE, what's been their arc as of the last few years?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

I dunno if Spencer is having orgies with his Identity Europa buddies but he's sooooo gay omg. If he wasn't a Nazi I'd butter him up

There's a joke about former D&D mod McCaine in here somewhere.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There's a joke about former D&D mod McCaine in here somewhere.

Lol what happened there?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Race Realists posted:

Are they even doing anything?

Spencer, Cernovich, Proudboys, Pepes... That's where it's at in 2017.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

Lol what happened there?

He's gay, European, and was at least mildly notorious for having a thing for the curbstomp set (despite being a Soviet apologist bordering on tankie).

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Here's another question - I haven't checked that other thread, is there anything that remains of the Dark Enlightenment? Or did those 'thinkers' more or less move over to the alt-right-o-sphere?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Spencer's also changed his hair style and he's letting the sides grow out a bit. Still keeping the bangs a little long. I think he said somewhere that he was retiring the ultra-fash style as it was played out.

This is me: Posting on the forums about Richard Spencer's changing hairstyles.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Narrator posted:

Here's another question - I haven't checked that other thread, is there anything that remains of the Dark Enlightenment? Or did those 'thinkers' more or less move over to the alt-right-o-sphere?
they all transitioned over to the alt-right sphere and as it turns out like the alt-right they are also fat out-of-shape neckbeards who roll in their own poo poo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh! Reading these forums like MyPostingCareer and Something Sensitive what strikes me is how many of them really, really don't like Richard Spencer. And they're not the alt-lite over in those places but committed white supremacists.

If those forums Nazis are thinking that, then who knows what the more stabby and sectarian groups are thinking. Going back to comparisons with Jorg Haider and George Lincoln Rockwell, things didn't end well for them, though with Haider it was his own drat fault. But if I were Spencer I wouldn't be worried about Antifa but other Nazis who really do murder people and go to prison for it and think he's "controlled opposition" that's setting back the cause.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

So, a bunch of "Antifa" idiots dressed up in goofy costumes was the only thing holding together the other bunch of idiots dressed up in goofy costumes? Who could have guessed?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
On Spencer being gay: Andrew Sullivan once wrote this long blog post about Benedict XVI, who Sullivan was convinced was gay. It wasn't just the way he talked, his fashion sense or his fussiness, but his doctrine, which Sullivan characterized as this ultra-conservative and also precisely ordered and exacting version of Catholicism. There's a thing with closeted gay men where if you don't find yourself fitting in with the actual world, there's a strong temptation to create an alternative fantasy world that is perfectly ordered, perfectly fastidious, but where you fit in (in this totally abstract, theory kind of way that's also divorced from real human relationships). Religion and ultra right-wing politics can provide that and it's what leads to Benedict XVI and Richard Spencer and also Yukio Mishima.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

On Spencer being gay: Andrew Sullivan once wrote this long blog post about Benedict XVI, who Sullivan was convinced was gay. It wasn't just the way he talked, his fashion sense or his fussiness, but his doctrine, which Sullivan characterized as this ultra-conservative and also precisely ordered and exacting version of Catholicism. There's a thing with closeted gay men where if you don't find yourself fitting in with the actual world, there's a strong temptation to create an alternative fantasy world that is perfectly ordered, perfectly fastidious, but where you fit in (in this totally abstract, theory kind of way that's also divorced from real human relationships). Religion and ultra right-wing politics can provide that and it's what leads to Benedict XVI and Richard Spencer and also Yukio Mishima.

Definitely not just limited to gay guys. ALL of them are like this (especially the aforementioned Jared Taylor and Peter Brimelow. There is a reason they worship the 50's so loving much.

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 05:44 on Jun 29, 2017

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Race Realists posted:

ALL of them are like this (especially the aforementioned Jared Taylor and Peter Brimelow)There is a reason they worship the 50's so loving much.

Weren't the actual 50s nowhere near as button down and conservative as the TV 50s everyone 'remembers'?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BrrutalistMcdonalds is a bit too iinterested in Richard Spencer being gay

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

BrrutalistMcdonalds is a bit too iinterested in Richard Spencer being gay
I'm... I'm... ahh... just making some observations!!!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'M JUST ASKING THE QUESTIONS NO ONE ELSE WILL

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Not a Step posted:

Weren't the actual 50s nowhere near as button down and conservative as the TV 50s everyone 'remembers'?

Pretty much, yeah.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Not a Step posted:

Yeah. My guess is that conservatives look back fondly at the 1950s because it seems socially conservative by today's standards, but it's also the limit back in time to where pop culture is still accessible. I think a lot of this has to do with, as you mentioned, 1950s T.V. shows that even I as an '80s kid grew up watching. But it's not like people in the 50s saw Elvis as some conservative throwback.

Being buttressed between the 1940s and 1960s probably helps with the rose-tinted glasses. I'd add that as far as myth-making goes the 1960s were way less liberal than a lot of people today think.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The economic gains realized in the 50s for white America were certainly real though. America ruthlessly exploited its special advantage of being the only Western power that wasn't destroyed in WW2 to the hilt.