Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Recently I read poll data that says Republican voter opposition to gay marriage is dropping and is only at like 50% now. I'm still a little dumbfounded that the right gave up that fight so easily, when just a few years ago it was being sold as an existential crisis for human society and whatever.

many conservatives (running the entire spectrum) have pivoted to heralding log cabin/LGBTQ republicans as proof of diversity within their ranks. oh, and there are plenty of LGBTQ people that are abject shitheads that fall right in line with the new party talking points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Also plenty of people willing to sockpuppet.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Puke posted:

Peak Mac right here.

Mac is Kelly. Kelly is Mac.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Where did the "Tinsley is an alcoholic" joke come from?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Low Desert Punk posted:

...joke?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
From his wikipedia page:

In 2006, Tinsley was arrested twice for driving while intoxicated, once in August and again in December, both Class A misdemeanors. After the December incident, he attacked the sentencing judge, Roderick McGillivray, in several of his comics.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Low Desert Punk posted:

Two DUIs.

After which he made this cartoon about the judge who sentenced him:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Begemot posted:

Two DUIs.

lmao

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Begemot posted:

Two DUIs.

Note that he couldn't be bothered to actually spell the judge's name correctly (it was McGillivray).

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Of loving course Rall defended him: http://rall.com/2006/12/12/5819

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh wow, even Colbert covered it at the time http://www.cc.com/video-clips/klp05i/the-colbert-report-blood-in-the-water---bruce-tinsley-s-dui

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thanks guys for the information. I thought it had to pertain to something more recent like the Pulse anniversary or something.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Look at that loving banner:

B^U

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Hey let's be fair, it's CLEARLY 8^U

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Posting this because maybe if Garrison sees it he'll finally have that aneurysm we've been praying for

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Loving these "Obamacare or Trumpcare!? I just can't decide!" cartoons. I mean one is going to throw millions off insurance and raise the rates for worse coverage, but the other one is named after a black man!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Glen Le Lievre:

A space station 13 cartoon

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

many conservatives (running the entire spectrum) have pivoted to heralding log cabin/LGBTQ republicans as proof of diversity within their ranks. oh, and there are plenty of LGBTQ people that are abject shitheads that fall right in line with the new party talking points

Most LGBT people I know see the Log Cabin Republicans as the gay equivalent of Uncle Toms. Like most Trump supporters, they vote against their own interests.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Begemot posted:

Two DUIs.

This is even worse than when Sally Quinn used her WaPo column to explain how her son's wedding and her step-granddaughter's wedding got scheduled on the same day. And Quinn lost her column for that.

It should have been Tinsley's last cartoon.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

King Possum III posted:

Most LGBT people I know see the Log Cabin Republicans as the gay equivalent of Uncle Toms. Like most Trump supporters, they vote against their own interests.

And yet leftists are really happy to heap them with credit, so they don't have to do something impure like acknowledge the Obama admin was good.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Shangri-Law School posted:

This is even worse than when Sally Quinn used her WaPo column to explain how her son's wedding and her step-granddaughter's wedding got scheduled on the same day. And Quinn lost her column for that.

What? What'd she get fired for?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

King Possum III posted:

Most Log Cabin Republicans are affluent white men, and that's been an issue with the LGBT community for a while. Queer women, queer non-white people, and trans people still tend to have a lot of problems that affluent white queer men now largely don't.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Starshark posted:

What? What'd she get fired for?

Sally Quinn posted:

Our son Quinn Bradlee is marrying Pary Williamson in Washington on April 10. My husband's granddaughter Greta Bradlee is getting married the same day in California. In the past few days there have been a spate of negative stories, both online and in print, about the "dueling weddings." It's been hurtful to all four of these wonderful young people. This "dueling" characterization couldn't be further from the truth.

The unfortunate result of the dates being the same was an inadvertent mistake on my part. My error had nothing to do with the two couples who will wed that day.

I once wrote a book called "The Party," which became the name of this column, and one of the things I wrote about was how even the so-called experts screw up. I am no exception. Greta, the daughter of my husband's son Ben Bradlee Jr. and ABC's Martha Raddatz, planned her wedding last fall and sent Save the Date cards. I gave ours to my husband to put the date on his calendar, and he did not. A warning to wives everywhere!

Quinn and Pary decided on Oct. 10, 2010, as their wedding date. Over Christmas, Greta's mother and I came to an understanding that, because of existing tensions, it would be best for all if none of us attended Greta's wedding. Then, in mid-January, we were thrilled to learn that Pary is pregnant, due Sept. 21, and decided to move up the date as quickly as possible.

This ran in the Style section of our capital's paper of record. One of the most embarrassing things ever printed.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's an incredibly self-serving blogpost of a column entry and not up to the standards of the Style section, evidently.
But good ol' drunky gets away with worse.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There's definitely a younger, hipper right-wing that's slowly replacing the moral majority of the 80s. It's the libertarian/socially liberal crowd that is more accepting.

But only barely, in many cases. They're still bigoted and don't really want to think about icky queers, and just tolerate you in the strictest sense. It's enough that they don't murder you, so you better not dare to ask for anything more. Just tell everywhere how diverse and accepting conservatives are.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The mirror is how he is, the painting is how he sees himself. It's not a hard concept. How do they keep screwing it up?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Low Desert Punk posted:

Ted loving Rall posted:

As for the DUI, well, that could happen to anyone who knocks back three or four beers in an hour or two in a city without decent mass transit, i.e., most people reading this. Speculation that he’s an alcoholic is just that.

No, that couldn't "just happen" to anyone. Getting arrested doesn't "just happen" to most people, especially old white men. And yes, having a DUI doesn't prove you're an alcoholic, but it is a strong indicator of alcoholism.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm not sure how to interpret this as anything but the Russia scandal will kill the fake news.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Faustian Bargain posted:

I'm not sure how to interpret this as anything but the Russia scandal will kill the fake news.

It's Lisa loving Benson, milquetoast cheerleader of the apocalypse, so Fake News represents mainstream media.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Jurgan posted:

No, that couldn't "just happen" to anyone.

the best part about rall's response is that tinsley was nearly twice the legal limit so his handwave of 'well anyone who knocks back a couple beers could be in the same situation..' is a gigantic crock of poo poo

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
also it stands to say that if you knock back four beers in a hour or two and drive you're a jackass,

Ted loving Rall posted:

i.e., most people reading this.

thats a jab at his readership, not this thread :ssh:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think Rall might also be a raging alcoholic. Would explain his art.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Most Log Cabin Republicans are affluent white men, and that's been an issue with the LGBT community for a while. Queer women, queer non-white people, and trans people still tend to have a lot of problems that affluent white queer men now largely don't.

True for the most part, but I have a couple of younger gay friends who parrot RWM points, like "give Trump a chance; he said he'd protect us." Reminding them of how he promised to appoint SCOTUS judges to reverse the "shocking" marriage equality ruling doesn't impress them, they just dismiss it as campaign rhetoric. Also how he sought and received support from the evangelical types who'd like to put folks like us into camps, or else just murder us all.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

So what do Carmen and Winslow actually do for these other characters? I assume they've worked for them all at some point but their job appears to be wandering through the desert jumping over rocks.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

King Possum III posted:

True for the most part, but I have a couple of younger gay friends who parrot RWM points, like "give Trump a chance; he said he'd protect us." Reminding them of how he promised to appoint SCOTUS judges to reverse the "shocking" marriage equality ruling doesn't impress them, they just dismiss it as campaign rhetoric. Also how he sought and received support from the evangelical types who'd like to put folks like us into camps, or else just murder us all.

Did you tell them Trumps VP wants to shock the gay out of them?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ularg posted:

Did you tell them Trumps VP wants to shock the gay out of them?

Not only that, but he wants to defund federal AIDS research to pay for it. Yeah, we know.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elmo (or, someone in an Elmo costume) ran as a candidate against Theresa May in London, so this could well be real news. (I think he actually turned out to be an MRA though, so, probably not.)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Today's Zelda is even less safe for work than yesterday's strip: http://imgur.com/V6tkrpA

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

"Can't we just have reasonable, civil discourse?"
*makes strip where the political opponent stand-in is literally the devil*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda is even less safe for work than yesterday's strip: http://imgur.com/V6tkrpA

Unless numbers work differently in Sweden, isn't that an archive strip from several years ago?

• Locked thread