Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

I wanna get better at piano too let me know if you pick one and like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

alnilam posted:

I wanna get better at piano too let me know if you pick one and like it

I'm really early on in the process. I tried a few years ago and got to where I could plink out Scarborough Fair from sheet music, but then I got the sad brains and didn't practice for like 4 years, so I'm basically starting from scratch.

alnilam

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm really early on in the process. I tried a few years ago and got to where I could plink out Scarborough Fair from sheet music, but then I got the sad brains and didn't practice for like 4 years, so I'm basically starting from scratch.

did that person ever make you that cambric shirt you asked about

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

deadly_pudding posted:

lol nope, i didnt play keys for almost twodecades til i bought my first synth

stays with u more than u think :unsmith:

sb hermit

deadly_pudding posted:

Let me know too!

I have a cheap midi keyboard connected to a mac and I'm hoping to pick up the piano at some point

I'm thinking about using the tutorials that come with Garageband

I'm in the middle of trying the guitar though

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

ToastedCrumbs posted:

Rich tea or chocolate digestives? These decisions require careful advice!

I prefer rich unless the digestives are chocolate coated and not chocolate flavored. however, if you can't eat the one you love, eat the one you're with.

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

Music is cool and good and super fun to play, good luck to all of the aspiring musicians

If you get the chance get into some basic theory like chord composition or a few simple scales, it's crazy helpful and carries over to any instrument

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

[=================]
[ W E E D W O L F ]
[=================]
/
/
:420:______:420:

hi i went outside and there was a dog so i petted it, and frankie peed on him. we touched flowers and nature. there was a lot of it.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

[=================]
[ W E E D W O L F ]
[=================]
/
/

hi i went outside and there was a dog so i petted it, and frankie peed on him. we touched flowers and nature. there was a lot of it.

That sounds very pleasant! Charlie and I have only been walking our same route as the last few months.

In new news, I got my application to the apartment I wanted approved and will be moving in less than a month. Hooray

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
good afternoon byob, this is my phone post about how I awoke this morning to my Windows drive failing completely and having to reinstall everything from the ground up. but we're getting back up to speed. the most important thing is that I still have most of my :filez:

I hope that everyone is having a more productive day than I :dance:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
if your reading this and havent backed up your computer today do it now or else!!!

Mariana Horchata

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

[=================]
[ W E E D W O L F ]
[=================]
/
/

lol ur doggs a fkn pissah m8

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

Starman Super DX posted:

good afternoon byob, this is my phone post about how I awoke this morning to my Windows drive failing completely and having to reinstall everything from the ground up. but we're getting back up to speed. the most important thing is that I still have most of my :filez:

I hope that everyone is having a more productive day than I :dance:

Sorry to hear that, but at least you managed to save most of it

I swam for a bit, made a sandwich, and am probably going to dick around the house for a few hours until work starts. Not necessarily productive, but I'm enjoying it all the same

Starman Super DX

work is productive enough. it's hard to do things around the house when you know you've got a shift coming up.

Tell me more!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I Was The Fury posted:

That sounds very pleasant! Charlie and I have only been walking our same route as the last few months.

In new news, I got my application to the apartment I wanted approved and will be moving in less than a month. Hooray

yay congratulations!!! give charlie a cookie for me (peanut butter pls it's the best) and hug yourself, i'm proud of u.

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol ur doggs a fkn pissah m8

THE ABSOLUTE BOY

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Putty posted:

if your reading this and havent backed up your computer today do it now or else!!!

lol if u think im runnin anything but microsoft bob, i havent backed up since 1995 :smuggo:

Mariana Horchata

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

THE ABSOLUTE BOY

🔝⚙️♏8️⃣🆒🕋🔮🌿🔥💨😝🎆

sb hermit

Putty posted:

sb hermit

Dangerous Minority posted:

Music is cool and good and super fun to play, good luck to all of the aspiring musicians

If you get the chance get into some basic theory like chord composition or a few simple scales, it's crazy helpful and carries over to any instrument

I took an online Intro to Guitar class on Coursera and it went a bit into that kind of stuff including scales, major scales, minor scales, chords, and how to construct the aforementioned.

It is the only thing I retained, more or less

I need to practice my scales....

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

🔝⚙️♏8️⃣🆒🕋🔮🌿🔥💨😝🎆

✌️🤙👇✌️👉
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiyYozeOoKs

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

el dorito posted:

I took an online Intro to Guitar class on Coursera and it went a bit into that kind of stuff including scales, major scales, minor scales, chords, and how to construct the aforementioned.

whole step whole step half step whole step whole step whole step half step

or whole step half step whole step whole step half step whole step whole step if you're feeling sadbrains like me

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
dinner eggs an that

I Dunno

Alright now my sig is a little more up to date.

Robot Made of Meat

I Dunno posted:

:golfclap:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

I Dunno posted:

professionally done :hai:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

byob historian

I Dunno posted:

who gives a sifl!!!!

;)

sb hermit

I Dunno posted:

:swoon:

Mariana Horchata

merry belated midsummers eve to u all :shroom:

Starman Super DX

Mariana Horchata posted:

merry belated midsummers eve to u all :shroom:

how dare you assume that I would accept such a poorly timed midsummer's eve greeting. just what do you take me for, sir??
:monocle:

Tell me more!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Putty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLQA2nOkoo

punchymcpunch

Mariana Horchata posted:

🔝⚙️♏8️⃣🆒🕋🔮🌿🔥💨😝🎆

🍎🍐🏑🐎 in me pocket

yeh i gave up halfway through what of it

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hi friends! Yob reminded me its been a while since i visited y'all. Been hecka busy. Went to pride last weekend, it was awesome. Also bought a bus, live on said bus. #buslife

How is everyone doing?

byob historian

punchymcpunch posted:

🍎🍐🏑🐎 in me pocket

yeh i gave up halfway through what of it

sound like someone is a lazy stoner :smugdog::pipe:

I Dunno

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

professionally done :hai:

Thank you, thank you. *bows*

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

who gives a sifl!!!!

;)

:niggly:

sb hermit

I did a double take when I saw the labels morph into Korean

sb hermit

Scathach posted:

Hi friends! Yob reminded me its been a while since i visited y'all. Been hecka busy. Went to pride last weekend, it was awesome. Also bought a bus, live on said bus. #buslife

How is everyone doing?

Nice!

I'll live my pride ambitions vicariously through you

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

el dorito posted:

Definitely a good start! I'd also check out the CAGED method for getting yourself acquainted with your various chord shapes and how they all play with each other. Good luck with the music!

Scathach posted:

How is everyone doing?

What's crackin' mate, how's the #buslife treating you?

math sucks
hello, do you have to drink beer to post here?

vanisher

math sucks posted:

hello, do you have to drink beer to post here?

I don't think it would hurt but its not required

welcome friend!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

math sucks
thank you. these really big animated signatures are gonna take a while to get used to but this seems like a nice place to be