Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

quote that poo poo, don't give New Corpse clicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The free hand of the self checkout counter will sort it out

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

JBP posted:

The law covers your first point and insurance only needs to be third party so who loving cares, it's a bicycle.

JBP your posts are so much more succinct than mine, it's beautiful.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

This is the worst thing I have ever read.

Like gently caress me capitalism, If John Full Time can only afford to do groceries on a weekend and you surge price up your poo poo because of it simply being a weekend then John Full Time is just going to go to the fruit shop instead or a farmers market.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Aesculus posted:

quote that poo poo, don't give New Corpse clicks

Yet you yourself didn't quotepost it, double standard much.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Anidav posted:

Like gently caress me capitalism, If John Full Time can only afford to do groceries on a weekend and you surge price up your poo poo because of it simply being a weekend then John Full Time is just going to go to the fruit shop instead or a farmers market.

Why is John Full Time (a rarity lol) going to the fruit shop or the farmers market a bad thing for John Full Time?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Anidav posted:

It also doesn't sound like it would work unless you evict everyone from the store.

If the price can change between you picking up them item and getting to the checkout it's going to cause immense frustration

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nyah ha ha, we will surge price the avocados so that millennials can't afford those either!

Soon we will live in a utopia where the rich can eat whatever they want and the poor will become a separate species of undereducated vermin who can only afford a diet of John West tuna cans and LA Ice Cola!

Nyah ha ha ha haaaa!

Anidav fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 29, 2017

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

norp posted:

It also doesn't sound like it would work unless you evict everyone from the store.

If the price can change between you picking up them item and getting to the checkout it's going to cause immense frustration

This is actually illegal too if the sale price is more than the advertised price. As someone who works in retail this would be an absolute loving nightmare.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Les Affaires posted:

Why is John Full Time (a rarity lol) going to the fruit shop or the farmers market a bad thing for John Full Time?

Well I mean, its a choice that won't benefit the supermarkets but instead cause John Part Time to go to an old fashioned store with printed pricing because lets face it, not every fruit shop can afford or bother with E-Ink screens on every item.

QR codes maybe but not a loving Amazon Kindle on every stick of bread

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

norp posted:

Just wont have prices displayed on the shelf, so you scan it with your phone which shows the price and adds it to your basket, locking the price in, which then deducts from your ShopWallet you add funds to or loving whatever.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
this is good

https://www.facebook.com/thebragsydney/videos/1559609827385491/

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Honestly I don't see it as a bad thing on the face of it, the majors will quickly learn when they can charge more (or less) because their sales numbers will reflect it. It will put a lot of shoppers collective nose out of joint for a while but they'll adapt.

Hell if it gets too much of an issue it becomes political and lo, suddenly they become the new punching bag after the banks.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

GoldStandardConure posted:

Just wont have prices displayed on the shelf, so you scan it with your phone which shows the price and adds it to your basket, locking the price in, which then deducts from your ShopWallet you add funds to or loving whatever.

:negative:

The worst thing about it will be how many loving editorials we'll have to read about how the reason the poors are struggling is because they aren't shopping at the right time and if they only did that they'd be as rich as me, a smart person in journalism in TYOOL 2022.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Just enforce Aldi style prices ffs. They don't change for 6 months

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Besides, Johnny ThreeCasualJobs can just organise his shifts to optimise for Penalty rates and lowest surge pricing. Everything works out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Someone make an app that assigns all casual labour in the country and has surge labour pricing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Les Affaires posted:

Besides, Johnny ThreeCasualJobs can just organise his shifts to optimise for Penalty rates and lowest surge pricing. Everything works out.

against the wall, scum

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

The law covers your first point and insurance only needs to be third party so who loving cares, it's a bicycle.

I care when I encounter people on bikes ether very late at night or very early in the morning when I'm on the way to work and they are not far left enough and/or also not wearing clothing that actually reflects my headlights, the only saving grace is a little blinking red light to let me notice they are there or said bike thinking it would be a good idea to make a right hand turn just round a corner with no indication that he was going to do so, I also care that I have to share the road with people who have not had any testing done to prove that they know what road rules apply to them when they take their particular mode of transport on to the roads.

Your not going to win over the majority of people on the roads if your going to keep rocking that attitude

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP posted:

Someone make an app that assigns all casual labour in the country and has surge labour pricing.

New Dev Project for Unions?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Scarecow posted:

I care when I encounter people on bikes ether very late at night or very early in the morning when I'm on the way to work and they are not far left enough and/or also not wearing clothing that actually reflects my headlights, the only saving grace is a little blinking red light to let me notice they are there or said bike thinking it would be a good idea to make a right hand turn just round a corner with no indication that he was going to do so, I also care that I have to share the road with people who have not had any testing done to prove that they know what road rules apply to them when they take their particular mode of transport on to the roads.

Your not going to win over the majority of people on the roads if your going to keep rocking that attitude

THUH BIKES

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Scarecow posted:

I don't have to win over anyone because the only people that whinge about bike registration are dickheads that also complain about poo poo like lane filtering because "it's not fair" :qq:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Additionally, that's a nice list of concerns about bikes that all center on you hitting a dumb cyclist with your car. Not to mention the cyclist you cited would be sanctioned by a cop if seen, the same as anyone else.

I feel like if you forwarded your last couple of posts to the Herald Sun you would see some pretty exciting traction and cut through.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Les Affaires posted:

please dont use my real name on these forums

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Why is it everytime I use a joe average nickname that it becomes a micromeme

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Scarecow posted:

Pretty much all of this applies to pedestrians (if not more - people walking don't need flashing lights) and I doubt you'd complain so hard about them.

You should be complaining that we hardly have any seperated bike lanes, or any bike infrastructure at all. That's a far bigger safety issue than anything you mentioned.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Periphery posted:

Pretty much all of this applies to pedestrians (if not more - people walking don't need flashing lights) and I doubt you'd complain so hard about them.

You should be complaining that we hardly have any seperated bike lanes, or any bike infrastructure at all. That's a far bigger safety issue than anything you mentioned.

But then they have to register the bike because it's not fair that those people get bike lanes for free.

Pleas amend your attitude as well if you would like to make a post on these, the Something Awful . com forums.

V V V V V you're ok mate I'm having a go at the bike registration now man.

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 29, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

But then they have to register the bike because it's not fair that those people get bike lanes for free.

Pleas amend your attitude as well if you would like to make a post on these, the Something Awful . com forums.

But shitposting is the only thing that brings me joy in this horrible world :(

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Periphery posted:

But shitposting is the only thing that brings me joy in this horrible world :(

You can shitpost if you register with the government first.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I would gladly ride a bike to work if I could afford to live anywhere near cycling-distance to my job.

maybe fix that significant problem before you go blaming poo poo like lack of bike lanes and helmet laws.

better yet, why not just make everyone work from home? save everyone commuting altogether!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So Andrew Shitposter goes down to the store to by a bike helmet and some milk.

He walks up to Jane Cash Register Slave and asks why everything is so expensive

She talks about communism for a second and Andrew gives up and shops at Amazon instead

Jane is now unemployed and has to go the Jacob Job Service Provider and work on a Strawberry farm for free for Randy Farmer instead.

What do you do?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

She talks about communism for a second and Andrew gives up and shops at Amazon instead

Jane is now unemployed and has to go the Jacob Job Service Provider and work on a Strawberry farm for free for Randy Farmer instead.

What do you do?

I check my notes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

What do you do?

liquidate Kimmy Kulak

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

A licence to shitpost? That's unaustralian!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Periphery posted:

A licence to shitpost? That's unaustralian!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The man can't keep me down

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

wish you'd register your posts

at the tip

where they belong

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Laserface posted:

I would gladly ride a bike to work if I could afford to live anywhere near cycling-distance to my job.

maybe fix that significant problem before you go blaming poo poo like lack of bike lanes and helmet laws.

better yet, why not just make everyone work from home? save everyone commuting altogether!

Could you ride to a train station and then ride to work from there?

also what sort of distance are we talking about?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BBJoey posted:

at the tip

where they belong

for clowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

at the tip

where they belong

Look at this bougie gently caress who thinks you register anything at the tip.

Mate, take it to the correct pile and kick it out of the tray.

• Locked thread